Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-08-2019, 06:03 AM   #1
ARL111
Starter Motor

Smile AU3 XR8 220Kw aftermarket headers

Hi there, can somebody please tell me where in Sydney I could purchase some excellent value for money aftermarket headers for my standard XR8 220kw.
I have read good things about Advance.
I live in NZ but i'm coming over for Bathurst

Thanks very much.

Jason.
ARL111 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2019, 07:17 AM   #2
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: AU3 XR8 220Kw aftermarket headers

Dunno which is the best place to buy them, but the Advance tri-y definitely tick all the boxes for pipe diameters and lengths as far as OTS headers go.
Sox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2019, 06:46 PM   #3
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

It'll cost you AU$100 (or less) to have them shipped to your home in NZ. Is it worth the hassle of carting a set of large extractors with you? Contact Advanced headers and get a shipping quote.
Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-08-2019, 05:35 PM   #4
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ARL111,

Try Liverpool exhaust, they use Hurricane Headers, they are very familiar with the AU XR8’s and the set up required for the Windsor’s. Very reasonable priced. Give them a call, nice blokes.

Regards
Edxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2019, 05:44 AM   #5
ARL111
Starter Motor

Thanks. Yea I thought I'd just grab some on the way home and maybe save some postage.
Old 16-08-2019, 11:22 AM   #6
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edxr6 View Post
ARL111,

Try Liverpool exhaust, they use Hurricane Headers, they are very familiar with the AU XR8’s and the set up required for the Windsor’s. Very reasonable priced. Give them a call, nice blokes.

Regards
They make Hurricane headers. Proven results for the 5.0L and also the T3 5.6L. The guy who owns the business used to have a ED 5.0 and he developed the Hurricanes thru R & D on his own car. I have had a few sets on different cars with a noticeable improvement by both the bumometer and dyno
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-08-2019, 11:23 AM   #7
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARL111 View Post
Thanks. Yea I thought I'd just grab some on the way home and maybe save some postage.
You think you can take them as carry on luggage? I am not a seasoned traveller but I very much doubt it
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2019, 06:51 AM   #8
ARL111
Starter Motor

thanks, i thought id just check them if they're packaged appropriately won't be an issue