Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
ziggee

Default Have I Over Steeped the Line in another forum

Sorry,

But the story is, I joined commodore forum to offer my car to someone that may indeed want to buy a Holden... they have a rule where you have to post 20 times before you can use the for sale, I pm a mod and asked if I could post in the for sale section, as I wanted to sell it to someone that really wanted a Holden. he said no and explained the reasons I accepted.

And have been not over posting, but just posting where I see fit.. general stuff, not trying to rack my posts up just to get in to sell it.. its offer else where anyway but that's the goal, and abiding by the forum rules, I have tried to make conversations and not just post with yes that looks great responses

anyway here's the link.... I feel like I am being harassed by the mods now...

it has blown out of proportion... I over reacted to a mod calling something a p11ece of sheeet, and this is what ensued....

please have I really overstepped the line.... I have given as good as I have got.. but that female mod from warrnambool, is really starting to have a problem, and to be honest I have not really done much to settle her down, I think she has an ego problem....

or perhaps its me,....

if you interested please let me know what you think.

Thread

not sure if you have to join to view it!!

again I set myself up for ridicule , why do I do this to myself....

Old 27-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
Kryton

well from what i have read you over stepped the mark first by personally attacking a member. that member only expressed his opinion by saying your radio looked ****. this wasnt attacking you so there was no need to attack him either.
Old 27-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #3
ziggee

yeah as stated I over reacted to that. I just was wondering, if any one else was doing a pimped my stereo thing... and for him to call it a peice of ***** was insulting... but point taken

Old 27-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

ziggee thats brilliant - as one of the members said best laugh they have had in a long time

No you have not overstepped your mark but on forums one little sly comment and its flame on

You could go on arguing but it will get you no where even if you have some valid points

And yes some Moderators think they are Gods you just go run with it and get over it :

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 27-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
LUXO_8
windsor user

yep, you overstepped it...... you're new there so why start having a go at people, if you posted the same stuff here you would be pulled into line or have recieved a ban already.....
Old 27-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well you didn't do yourself any favours. I wouldn't be surprised at what you said on those forums doesn't come around here on AFF and bite you on the bum.
Old 27-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #7
XW Boy
Being built not bought.

Quote:
some people are just plain Belligerent... bet your female too.
hahahaha oh that was just asking for trouble, i read the whole thread and i also think that you over reacted as u well know and yes they had to show there "POWER" as any mod would do on this site if someone came on and was been a smart *** to them, i think that what you will find is funnier, rather than your argument is the comments on your stereo.

Quote:
awesome stezza...should b able to get some quality doof doof out of it
Quote:
any way......... back to the sterio, i recon you should mount some neons underneath it, maybe some chrome pinstriping or sumthin!!
PS, your stereo isnt bad but IMO you should have hidden it all, but good on you for doing somthing different, oh and please dont correct my spelling thanking you
Old 27-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #8
ziggee

bummer, never my intention, but your spot on I am new there and have not had a go at anyone, and I dont think I would have said what anyone else was doing was a piece of...... thats just insulting... weather its right or wrong... there is polite ways to say it, as a few have said so, which is cool... I have agreed that it does not look great, but is a work in progress...

i might pm he and opologise for a personal comment... it was me over reacting the being pounced on by the MODS. in fact its probally the right thing to do now that I think about it

done... publically.

Old 27-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #9
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Seems a bit rough from the mod. I mod a site with a post limit for For Sale sections and only usually ban people who trawl a forum going

Yeah

Great

Cool

Nice

In order to get their post count up.

Lol, seems like they just dont like you Zigee and are looking for reasons to issue warnings. But you get that - some site admins give their mods instructions to be harsh, others are more laid back. You get that

EDIT:

PS anyone else think that "I agree, now it just looks like a pile of sh**" was nicely worded (altho i dont really agree with said statement) ??
Old 27-06-2006, 07:17 PM   #10
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

You over reacted in a big way.. those posts probably would have gotten you a 24 cool down period here.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 27-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #11
ziggee

yeah posted a public apol... as I like to think I am a reasonable human being...

Old 27-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #12
XRchic
Hello

Im very nearly speechless after reading that!

Ziggee, you were the first one to have a go at people about spelling and grammar! And your spelling and grammar was shocking. When someone pointed out the hypocrisy, you just pointed out more of their bad spelling while spelling even worse yourself!!!

You posted a pic and you got an opinion, which started the whole thing. If you look at the bloke's post, it was not actually that rude and I dont think he was trying to insult you. I think you waaaay overreacted to it! And that is what set everyone off.

That female mod was also fairly reasonable in that she did what she had to do, given your comments, but she also made some quite friendly comments too... you seem not to read the entire posts that people make or understand their point. You just focussed on the odd word here or there and assumed that was the tone of the entire post.

Having a dig at teachers and females was also not a good idea and just showed how easily you got off track and how over sensitive you were. People usually only respond with discriminatory generalisations when they have nothing else to argue with.

I was not very impressed with your efforts when you were new to their area, when you wanted THEM to buy your car at some point in the future and with your manners on there generally - not like you on here at all. You seem such a friendly person on here!

If you are going to pick on people for spelling and grammar RULE NUMBER 1 - get it right yourself - a few mistakes are fine, but repeatedly bad is just hypocrisy.

Hope you dont mind but you did ask for people's opinions.

Jac

: Cobra :
Old 27-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #13
XRchic
Hello

I read a bunch of posts after my post went up... good on you for aplogising mate! Good stuff

Old 27-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #14
1TUFFUTE
Banned

i like the way you handled it in the end bud..and to tell u the truth i would have reacted the same way. Theres nothing like ridicule or negativity when its not called for. Especially when some mod is abusing his/her power and think they are better then u.
Its good to have respect for people but when u dont get it back then its on i say. :Up_to_som
Old 27-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #15
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ziggee
you have a lot to answer for ... you do realise this don't you :jab:
I can't believe I just spent a few minutes reading a HOLDEN site... omg, I have to keep that quiet or my friends that own Holden's will give me heaps...

Geez.... :

: (joking by the way with saying first line.. just in case) :

Good on you for apologising though.. Yes you did step over the line and I have to agree with what XRchic said.

I for one was kind of shocked, but at least you did the right thing...
Old 27-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #16
ziggee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Ziggee
you have a lot to answer for ... you do realise this don't you :jab:
I can't believe I just spent a few minutes reading a HOLDEN site... omg, I have to keep that quiet or my friends that own Holden's will give me heaps...

Geez.... :

: (joking by the way with saying first line.. just in case) :

Good on you for apologising though.. Yes you did step over the line and I have to agree with what XRchic said.

I for one was kind of shocked, but at least you did the right thing...

HEHEH on the first bit... I wont tell anyone..

but I am a little jaded with teachers, i respect what they do, but I think she was being very "teacher-ish" not trying to justify my comments... but if you have never worked with them, its hard to understand them...

but anyway, hated on one forum allready... dont want to make it two...

Old 27-06-2006, 08:05 PM   #17
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggee
but if you have never worked with them, its hard to understand them......
Work with them!!!!!!! pffttttttt :
I grew up with teachers in my family... let me tell you, there isn't too many good things I can say either.. There are quite a lot of teachers married into the family now too.. so it only gets worse.... :monkes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggee
but anyway, hated on one forum allready... dont want to make it two
hahaha... that 'other' forum doesn't really count though... :

Good luck selling your car there.. could be interesting to watch how things go, but I refuse to lose any more precious time in there :
Old 27-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #18
ziggee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
i like the way you handled it in the end bud..and to tell u the truth i would have reacted the same way. Theres nothing like ridicule or negativity when its not called for. Especially when some mod is abusing his/her power and think they are better then u.
Its good to have respect for people but when u dont get it back then its on i say. :Up_to_som
cheers for that...

I very very rarely behave like this on forums.. to quote from a film the way I feel about things is Point Break:"Politeness counts a.....hole" I think she showed way to much agression, i guess it is/was a case of misunderstandings, and over reactions.

Old 27-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #19
ziggee

I read a bunch of posts after my post went up... good on you for aplogising mate! Good stuff

well it was the right thing to do...

hopefully end this torent, actually I was never having a go at either females or teachers, in my expeince females tend to be a little more padantic when it comes to spelling and grammar, which is a real admirable quality and I did say I can not spell or use grammar correctly. Spent my entire life behind a computer, I just did not want to tell her that!.

And teachers well some a great some are ego manics... I had to deal with both... so I did not comment...

I am a nice person, and freindly... but I have seen people abuse power way to much, and will/have been forced to defend my actions/comments It is the way school systems work, you always have to record, what, how, when, where.. and usually send two e-mails to two differnt people so no rumors/blame/misunderstandings take place..

thank god I'm out of it now...

Old 27-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #20
XRchic
Hello

Good luck with selling your car anyway mate!

Old 27-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #21
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

to popular belief... i believe you served the 'teacher' hehe :P

it's only a commodore forum... not like getting your internet connection disconnected hehe
Old 27-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #22
ziggee

teachers are a weird mob.... she sent me a pm, and we called a truce...and again people never cease to amaze me....

cheers kyro, I think everyone from any age group/profession/race can be taught a lesson and be taught a lesson by... sorry that sounds backwards...

I (and everdybody) can learn from everyone else... if you have an open mind.

Old 27-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #23
Damo
Banned

that was a funny thread mate, stick it to them! try sell them some rags too, i'm sure commodore owners go through a lot of rags!
Old 27-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #24
ziggee

heheh i better not start on that issue... but yours have been sent today...any problems let me know.

Old 27-06-2006, 09:23 PM   #25
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Your first mistake was coming back here for support!

Don't waste our bandwidth!
Closed Thread