Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 01-02-2005, 10:13 PM   #1
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Default Idea

Hey guys,

Just got a bit of an idea (actually saw it on another forum : ) Anyways just thought it would be good if we could have different state sections like VIC, NSW, TAS, QLD, WA, SA and NT? I know we have an events and meets section but this could be good for discussing current issues and stuff like that, in particular states. About the events and meets section we could make a sub forum kind of thing under each state where people could see whats going on with the events and meets.

Anyways it's been on my mind for a long time now, we'll see what happens I guess:P
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 11:22 AM   #2
rodderz

Could end up a bit crowded imo....and some state sections could hardly get used at all

But all ideas are welcomed!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #3
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

now that we can get back to answering the original post...
its a good idea to have the different states for events, which we already have, but to have different states for each general discussion, i think it would seperate the members too much and you wont get much of a respose to your posts.
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 02:42 PM   #4
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was thinking : if it is possible and it's more likley a vbulletin job than the forums, but l'm sure we can propose this to them.
With each tab opening the heading of the thread could appear instead of the usual Australian Ford Forums,www.fordforums.com.au. What do you think? Can we do this? :
Old 02-02-2005, 05:05 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

In theory it is a good idea, but as has been said i think it would become too crowded and there would be some parts not used at all.

How about just putting the state in the title of the thread when you start it? I.e. if it is a NSW issue, put - (NSW) "title of thread".
Old 02-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #6
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmCee
I was thinking : if it is possible and it's more likley a vbulletin job than the forums, but l'm sure we can propose this to them.
With each tab opening the heading of the thread could appear instead of the usual Australian Ford Forums,www.fordforums.com.au. What do you think? Can we do this? :
This behavious in tabbed browsers is because the browser picks up the Forum title and then appends the thread topic to it as the tab display name. As a test I have set the Forum title to AFF which then leaves enough space in the tab to show the thread title.

Comments??

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 05:58 PM   #7
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

It been Fixed by the looks of it now
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post