Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #901
Blueford260

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

If they make the Brembos std or even a big set of DBA drilled and slotted rotors with a good set 4 pot calipers and keep the price reasonable I will buy one to go with my BA XR8
Blueford260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #902
kempy311
BEN

Couldn't care if they didn't have any brembos keep the price down and get them put on later.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
kempy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-01-2014, 12:08 AM   #903
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even the Russian Ural motorcycle has Brembos as standard!!!!
Since 2003 Ural motorcycles have utilized Brembo hydraulic disc brakes on the front wheel, and drum brakes for both the rear and sidecar wheels. The drum brakes required the rider to apply more force to the brake pedal. Also this configuration required more frequent maintenance and adjustment.

What It Will Be

Beginning in 2014 Urals will feature disc brakes on all three wheels.

The rear wheel utilizes a big bore integrated floating caliper by HB (Hayes Brakes) and a 256 mm solid NG rotor. The caliper also incorporates the mechanical parking brake feature.

The sidecar wheel is equipped with a two-piston Brembo caliper and a 245 mm NG floating rotor.

Both rear calipers are operated by their own Brembo master cylinders.
Old 31-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #904
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any new spy pics off that other ford forum site?
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #905
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
Any new spy pics off that other ford forum site?
Sadly not. With the next Falcon supposedly due around Oct' of THIS year, I cant believe the lack of information, leaks, spy pics etc. This is a major contrast the the lead-up priming to the FG release, with a steady drip feed of spy pics etc.

Although at least we know the XR8 is back, and with the FPV S/C 5.0. (335 ??)

Ford seem to have conveniently lost all interest in promoting the falcon. Very frustrating to say the least!!

Last edited by stevefreestyle; 31-01-2014 at 08:46 PM.
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2014, 11:46 PM   #906
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably don't want to kill of what's left of FG sales, gotta keep the plant ticking along building something...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2014, 12:06 AM   #907
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I suspect the dealers have moved on to selling what the general public actually want now, not revisiting the past.

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 12:55 AM   #908
The Eagle
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
I suspect the dealers have moved on to selling what the general public actually want now, not revisiting the past.
IMO the only way to save the falcon is to boycott the brand once the ford we all want is gone

I for one don't want some korean heap of **** and i certainly do not want a taurus,the ONLY reason they don't sell the falcon in the US is because of the XL and yeah,it was ****

But so was that ugly thing they badged a taurus here,DO NOT WANT!
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 12:57 AM   #909
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
IMO the only way to save the falcon is to boycott the brand once the ford we all want is gone

I for one don't want some korean heap of **** and i certainly do not want a taurus,the ONLY reason they don't sell the falcon in the US is because of the XL and yeah,it was ****

our Korean "heap of crap" has been great.

also boycott all you like, you'd be in the minority as the sales reflect this, so it'd make zero difference.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 01:03 AM   #910
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:

Sure thing stev's ... whatever
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2014, 01:27 AM   #911
The Eagle
Starter Motor

I won't buy another new car from Ford after the falcon's death

Currently im driving basically a mazda (Ranger 2011 but the keys and interior are very mazda,badge engineered diesel eating crap)

So you to want to see it replaced by a bumdragger? Do you know what FWD is actually good for? Towing? NO! Taking off? NO! cornering? NO! Cost effective repairs? NO,look up CV JOINTS!! Being a paperweight? YES! Torque steer? Yeah its great for that but not really a positive

As a blue blooded life long Ford fan i'd prefer buy a dodge or a chev than the mustang,Why? I think the Camaro,Challenger and Charger look about 1000000 times better than the 'Stang,as an australian what does the mustang mean to me? Yeah some import that looks mediocre with better looking competition

I'd rather buy a commodore than some korean or some american and thats basically what its all about,i'd rather have a car MADE FOR OUR ROADS than a car made for the US or Asia because guess what

Our roads are among the worst in the world and i believe we need Australian DESIGNED cars for our pathetic roads

2 peices of the fabric of this country are going and never coming back,why should we buy what some american suit thinks is good enough when clearly the product is sub par,i have driven the new look taurus and to me it felt very hyundai or camry,like a tight cardigan,whitegoods on wheels
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2014, 01:47 AM   #912
kempy311
BEN

Quote:

Currently im driving basically a mazda (Ranger 2011 but the keys and interior are very mazda,badge engineered diesel eating crap)

So you to want to see it replaced by a bumdragger? Do you know what FWD is actually good for? Towing? NO! Taking off? NO! cornering? NO! Cost effective repairs? NO,look up CV JOINTS!! Being a paperweight? YES! Torque steer? Yeah its great for that but not really a positive

As a blue blooded life long Ford fan i'd prefer buy a dodge or a chev than the mustang,Why? I think the Camaro,Challenger and Charger look about 1000000 times better than the 'Stang,as an australian what does the mustang mean to me? Yeah some import that looks mediocre with better looking competition

I'd rather buy a commodore than some korean or some american and thats basically what its all about,i'd rather have a car MADE FOR OUR ROADS than a car made for the US or Asia because guess what

Our roads are among the worst in the world and i believe we need Australian DESIGNED cars for our pathetic roads

2 peices of the fabric of this country are going and never coming back,why should we buy what some american suit thinks is good enough when clearly the product is sub par,i have driven the new look taurus and to me it felt very hyundai or camry,like a tight cardigan,whitegoods on wheels

Your very special.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:04 AM   #913
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:

You ever driven a Falcon... Doesn't look like you have.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 02:20 AM   #914
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Don't you dare pretend to speak for all of us.

I for one will stick with Ford no matter what. My next car will almost definitely be a Ford. I couldn't care less where it's built, or what wheels it drives, or whether it can tow, or how fast it goes from 0-100. As long as it looks good, is well built, can do 0-100 in less than 8 seconds, has all the gadgets and gizmos I want, and a Ford badge, I'm happy.

Quote:

Maybe you haven't heard. The Taurus isn't coming.

Quote:
Your loss, not mine. There's so much more to Ford than Falcon.

Quote:
If I were in the market for a muscle car I'd buy a Mustang. Why? Because it's a Ford. That's all the reason I need.

Quote:
So, like the Ranger than? And the Everest?
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #915
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For our roads we need a proper 4wd..eg Raptor....
Saw a bumper sticker on a 4wd..its 4WD Drivers Like a Good Snatch. thats a play on words but could be offensive to some people...
Old 01-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #916
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:

Wow, struggling to comprehend so much stupid in one post. Nearly crashed the internetz
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #917
Focused

Quote:
Ah... if you're such a patriotic Falcon fan, why don't you own one...?
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #918
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

I just wish the admins would trawl thru this post and hide/delete all posts that dont have anything to do with pics of the 2014 Falcon!
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #919
martyal44
2010 G6E

Maybe it's like 'The Truman Show'; let us see what we want in a sense, as the only pics have been of an FG with front and back coverings.
martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #920
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'd rather buy a commodore than some korean or some american and thats basically what its all about
That's awesome, you're so patriotic it hurts!

I really hope you love the Commodore to bits, considering 60% of those bits to make the great Australian car is coming out of Asia.

I love it how you're so loudly and proudly Australian, driving a rebadge Mazda. Must make you feel so warm and fuzzy buying local products
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #921
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyal44 View Post
Maybe it's like 'The Truman Show'; let us see what we want in a sense, as the only pics have been of an FG with front and back coverings.
Well they could have been FHs. Remember that the FH is a FG with a new front and back.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #922
xr6turbo270kw

FH XR8 will get brembos all the mules build so far have brembos fitted
Not sure if it's an option or standard.
xr6turbo270kw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2014, 11:22 PM   #923
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turbo270kw View Post
FH XR8 will get brembos all the mules build so far have brembos fitted
Not sure if it's an option or standard.
Where are the pictures of them fitted ?
331rwkw.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #924
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
Ah... if you're such a patriotic Falcon fan, why don't you own one...?
My thoughts exactly. Don't hang by the jewels waiting' for a sensible answer though.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #925
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRXR6 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Don't hang by the jewels waiting' for a sensible answer though.
Best one is "die hard fans" who scream to support local manufacturing, but only ever buy second hand/used cars...
Old 02-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #926
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post
Where are the pictures of them fitted ?
It's not a good career move to take photo's "factory side".
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #927
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
Best one is "die hard fans" who scream to support local manufacturing, but only ever buy second hand/used cars...
Or the ones not updating 8 year old cars?
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #928
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo77 View Post
Or the ones not updating 8 year old cars?
I put a deposit on a new Ford yesterday and bought another new Ford in 2012...
Old 02-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #929
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
It's not a good career move to take photo's "factory side".
Didn't know he worked in the factory.
331rwkw.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #930
damo6
turbo pilot

Saw a highway patrol stormtrooper today sitting in a xr turbo which was a chocolate brown colour? Never seen that colour before. Maybe a test colour for the FH? I know Holden do that with their outgoing models to gauge opinion,do ford do the same?