Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #841
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

I hope Cashmere becomes available on XR!!! Also illuminated window switches and maybe Mustang's 3 spoke tiller ( without that horrible switchgear) and I'd fall over myself to get one.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #842
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The whole interior comparison is quite funny. The Range Rover interior is great but close to $200,000, imagine what a $200,000 Falcon would look like? Same goes for a Merc or a BMW or a Jag or blah blah blah.

You can buy a current XR6 close to $30k drive away and we are complaining about interior?

We all know it, the interior change will be minimal, suck it up and move on

All I know is the exterior is going to be awesome. Better than Holden awesome.
Old 24-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #843
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The FG interior looks great whatever the colour of the leather; I'm very satisfied with the fit and finish of everything in the R-Spec.

The cashmere contrast with the black is quite striking and would be fine if the car is rarely used. We had a light coloured leather upholstery on a car we had when we lived overseas and it was difficult to keep clean; it could look shabby very easily. I'm glad I went "Charcoal" with the Territory as it's very easy to keep it clean and in good condition.

As for FH (?) I'm sure there'll be sufficient changes or tweeks to keep the punters interested.
Old 24-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #844
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i love my FG interior - i have the leather option in the XR, however i'll say that the rear seat area is the least inspiring of any leather-clad falcon i've owned, it just doesn't quite work to the eye in my opinion, comfortable though.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #845
LooLoo18

Smile Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Hi all

Im new to the forum I come in here looking for pictures of the 2014 falcon.
I have an 2010 FG XR6 50TH anniversary
Im going to update it this year so I have my fingers crossed that the new XR8 is all they say it is
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #846
geehaa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooLoo18 View Post
Hi all

Im new to the forum I come in here looking for pictures of the 2014 falcon.
I have an 2010 FG XR6 50TH anniversary
Im going to update it this year so I have my fingers crossed that the new XR8 is all they say it is
welcome looloo - there are some hidden through the topic.

IMO - fake wood looks crap
geehaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #847
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

The interior need not too much to be done.
The FG interior is ok just needs better quality fitment and materials. The design doesn't need to be complex either.

Audi IMO are the benchmark for interiors of everyday production cars. The A4, essentially their entry level sedan (ok A3 but A4 has been around longer) has a quality and timeless interior. It shows that basic design combined with quality materials can go a long way. There is no overload in buttons to confuse people, the ergonomics are spot on.

I'll be interested to see how the new Falcon stacks up. Not quite as excited as I was with FG, knowing that they haven't gone all out with a fresh design.
Old 24-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #848
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Yeh nah that Audi centre stack doesn't do it for me.

But you are right that they don't need to do a lot - changing the finishes, colours and trims will improve the FG's interior appearance a great deal. Some nicer seat trim, nicer finishes on the centre stack, buttons, vents etc and change a few of the plastic appliques that are all over the place (like the shifter surround etc) would do it. Add a new screen and surround, new steering wheel and guage cluster and it will still be a nice place to be.

They know how to do it - look at the XR50 models. My mate just bought a second hand XR6 50th Anniversary ute and I was really surprised at how much nicer it was inside than the standard XR6. And all that was changed was the plastic ICC and shifter surrounds, door and dash spears, and the seat trim.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #849
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

Agree with you barra. I like the interior on the XR50 and the G6's. If there are some slight evolution improvements then that would be good. Given the budget for the FH I am only working on exterior changes, some slight mechanical improvements and and interior evolution. Can't wait for some definitive pictures.

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #850
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I disagree, having had an FG XR8 for 5 years now, I'd like to be sitting inside a more heavily revised interior ala the VE-VF change if I updated to an FH XR8. After all, once I'm inside the car, it's pretty much all I see and it's where I interact with it.

Probably less of a concern if your coming from a different car or a pre FG Falcon though.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #851
I6DOHC

Barra240t sums it up perfectly. It's a circa 35-40K vehicle for the main. The current interior isn't that bad for the $, the fit & finish is at least as good and better than those falcons that came before it. You just hope the 50K up spec iterations (XR8/G6E) come with a bit more polish.

I for one love being behind the wheel of the current FG XR6T, so if it's an evolution coming in the FH it should be that bit better.
I6DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #852
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
The interior need not too much to be done.
The FG interior is ok just needs better quality fitment and materials. The design doesn't need to be complex either.

Audi IMO are the benchmark for interiors of everyday production cars. The A4, essentially their entry level sedan (ok A3 but A4 has been around longer) has a quality and timeless interior. It shows that basic design combined with quality materials can go a long way. There is no overload in buttons to confuse people, the ergonomics are spot on.

I'll be interested to see how the new Falcon stacks up. Not quite as excited as I was with FG, knowing that they haven't gone all out with a fresh design.
Centre dash looks very late 90s
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #853
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I quite like the new Caddy CTS-V interior (I know.. it's brown)

fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #854
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We've had some high class interiors...

Last edited by barra240t; 24-01-2014 at 06:28 PM.
barra240t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #855
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
We've had some high class interiors...

Of those, I liked the EA-ED; EF-EL and BA-BF.

I've never really been a fan of the FG interior right from the get go. I still think that the high end B-series interior (with analogue clock and dual zone climate control) is ergonomically superior thanks to its large, easy to use buttons which are intuitively located; and a screen that's not too high so as to reflect off the windscreen at night (with which I had troubles with when I drove a rental FG XR6 a while back).

I think the FG interior is not only dated, but flawed. It should have had a complete makeover, but obviously that isn't going to happen now.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2014, 02:11 AM   #856
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Of all the cars I e owned my favourite was my AUII Fairmont Ghia's interior, the all black with wood grain nailed it...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #857
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Silver spears, speak cheap, to me, wood grain is better in high end cars...separates the base models from the high end models. Audi, BMW, MB do it...I had wood grain in my NL Fairlane...AU series 3 Fairmont...
Old 25-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #858
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i agree, i've hated the silver spears since BF2 ghia. I hate the silver spears in my XR, it does look cheap. The only other option i really have to change them to is black (too gloomy) or carbon from the XR50 etc but it makes the cabin even darker.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #859
LooLoo18

Out of all the Fords I have had I think the XR50 non turbo is the best interior
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #860
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perko View Post
Agree with you barra. I like the interior on the XR50 and the G6's. If there are some slight evolution improvements then that would be good. Given the budget for the FH I am only working on exterior changes, some slight mechanical improvements and and interior evolution. Can't wait for some definitive pictures.
You are working on exterior changes, some slight mechanical improvements and interior evolution, yet you haven't seen definitive pictures of what you have been working on ?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #861
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
You are working on exterior changes, some slight mechanical improvements and interior evolution, yet you haven't seen definitive pictures of what you have been working on ?
It may seem odd to us outsiders however it's very common for engineers to be working on very specific areas of a car, say a suspension component, a dash section, software modules etc..and only ever see what they are working on only. They may never see a complete car until just before release. I know this for a fact.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #862
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My NL Fairlane had cappucino leather with wood grain..looked good...
Old 25-01-2014, 10:02 PM   #863
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My BA Fairmont also had a cappuccino colour interior with fake wood grain. One of my favorite Falcons I have ever owned.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2014, 10:39 PM   #864
pearlhead

I love the woodgrain in the BA MKII Fairmont Ghias. Something about the trimmings on the gear stick and the steering wheel really touches my fancy. It's why when my first car got written off, I got another BA MKII Ghia. Personally one of my favorites of the B series.
pearlhead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #865
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agreed. I love the look of woodgrain trim. Hopefully they make a return on the FH. Better still, use real wood instead of plastic that looks like wood.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #866
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
i agree, i've hated the silver spears since BF2 ghia. I hate the silver spears in my XR, it does look cheap. The only other option i really have to change them to is black (too gloomy) or carbon from the XR50 etc but it makes the cabin even darker.
What about the glossy silver/grey patterned F6 dash and door spears? They look much nicer than the flat silver used in the XR6's
Old 26-01-2014, 12:15 AM   #867
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I think most of the Falcons have had cheap crappy interiors, the B series ones are pretty bad with their cheap crappy hard plastic dash and feel of everything, if you want to see quality interior look at WS Fiesta and WZ Fiesta ST.

The dash is all soft touch vinyl and quality plastics, not bad for an $18,000 car at the time.

The WT went down hill though when they switched to Thailand production, it went to hard cheap plastics everywhere.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 12:41 AM   #868
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
........ if you want to see quality interior look at WS Fiesta and WZ Fiesta ST.

The dash is all soft touch vinyl and quality plastics.......
Same can be said about the Mondeo and Kuga. We had an MA Mondeo for 5 years and bought a new Kuga to replace it 4 months ago. Both cars have vastly superior quality of material and finishes and neither of them creak and rattle.

Overall the FG interior is not bad for its age, however replacing some of the hard and cheap materials and putting it all together a bit better would make the Falcon a much better car in my opinion.

Lets see what the final Falcon brings.
Old 26-01-2014, 12:44 AM   #869
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooLoo18 View Post
Out of all the Fords I have had I think the XR50 non turbo is the best interior
I must agree. I'm not a fan of the beige leather or leather in general. The beige looks like it will get dirty real quick and leather always gets the stretch marks.

But each to their own. I just can't wait to see the new Falcon.
Old 26-01-2014, 01:30 AM   #870
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Cashmere vs Jeans = Blue Cashmere!

It would help if they just made a few pieces just a bit more classier. Just change the main rubber knob into metal with some chrome trim would be an immediate improvement. That is probably my main gripe!

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post