Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-03-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default International Olympic Committee considering Transgender athletes to be allowed to compete with other sex

I don't think this a good idea and will ruin sport.

My daughter is at champion state representative level and fingers crossed, praying to God she may make it to the Olympics. But to put her up against a transgender/male - she'd have no chance!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-surgery.html

Transgender atheletes to be allowed to compete as the other sex in the Olympics WITHOUT having gender reassignment surgery

The International Olympic Committee received proposed guidelines at its 'Consensus Meeting on Sex Reassignment and Hyperandrogenism'

The policy change would allow transgender athletes to compete without having gender reassignment surgery

It would allow transgender athletes to compete after one year of hormone replacement therapy and no surgery is required

The change would be in line with NCAA standards in the United States.

The policy change would be in line with NCAA standards in the United States, which allow male-to-female and female-to-male transgender athletes to compete without having gender reassignment surgery, according to ESPN.

The current Olympic rules acknowledge transgender athletes' right to compete, but with specific provisions under the Stockholm Consensus, which was adopted in 2004.

The policies, adopted before the Athens Olympics, say transgender athletes have to have gender reassignment surgery and have legal recognition of the gender they were assigned at birth. They also have to have undergone at least two years of hormone replacement therapy after surgery.

Joanna Harper, chief medical physicist, radiation oncology at Providence Portland Medical Center, was one of the people at the Consensus Meeting on Sex Reassignment and Hyperandrogenism. She is also trans, and said her voice was important in determining the new guidlines.

'The new IOC transgender guidelines fix almost all of the deficiencies with the old rules,' Harper said wrote in an email to OutSports. 'Hopefully, organizations such as the ITA will quickly adapt to the new IOC guidelines and all of the outdated trans policies will get replaced soon.'

'The waiting period for trans women goes from two years after surgery to one year after the start of HRT,' Harper added. 'This matches up with the NCAA rules and is as good as anything. The waiting period was perhaps the most contentious item among our group and one year is a reasonable compromise.'

The proposal might open doors for transgender athletes like Chris Mosier, who last year qualified for the US Sprint Duathlon team, competing against men. Mosier has not undergone gender reassignment surgery but fulfills the hormone replacement guidelines.

It is unknown if the International Triathlon Union - which oversees the World Championship tri- and duathlon events - will also adopt the new regulations in time for Mosier to compete.

The IOC's commitment to World Anti-Doping Code and WADA's international standards will remain constant with the policy change.

The guidelines also contain recommendations that the Olympics put rules 'in place for the protection of women in sport and the promotion of the principles of fair competition' after the results of Indian sprinter Dutee Chand's victory in Court of Arbitration for Sport in July.

The decision allowed for female athletes with naturally elevated levels of testosterone to compete.

'The IAAF, with support from other International Federations, National Olympic Committees and other sports organisations, is encouraged to revert to CAS with arguments and evidence to support the reinstatement of its hyperandrogenism rules,' the policy reads.

It continues: 'To avoid discrimination, if not eligible for female competition the athlete should be eligible to compete in male competition.'

Prior to the ruling, Chad was suspended for having high levels of testosterone.

Her story drew parallels to South African 800-meter runner Caster Semenya, who was subjected to gender testing after winning a world title in 2009.

She was suspended for more than a year before she went on to win a silver medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics.

Forty years ago Caitlyn Jenner won a gold medal at the Montreal Summer Olympics in the Men's Decathlon event when she was then known as Bruce Jenner.

If she were to compete today - if she had undergone one year of hormone replacement therapy - she could compete in the women's event.

GUIDELINES RECOMMENDED AT OLYMPIC CONSENSUS MEETING

1) Transgender guidelines

A. Since the 2003 Stockholm Consensus on Sex Reassignment in Sports, there has been a growing recognition of the importance of autonomy of gender identity in society, as reflected in the laws of many jurisdictions worldwide.

B. There are also, however, jurisdictions where autonomy of gender identity is not recognised in law at all.

C. It is necessary to ensure insofar as possible that trans athletes are not excluded from the opportunity to participate in sporting competition.

D. The overriding sporting objective is and remains the guarantee of fair competition. Restrictions on participation are appropriate to the extent that they are necessary and proportionate to the achievement of that objective.

E. To require surgical anatomical changes as a pre-condition to participation is not necessary to preserve fair competition and may be inconsistent with developing legislation and notions of human rights.

F. Nothing in these guidelines is intended to undermine in any way the requirement to comply with the World Anti-Doping Code and the WADA International Standards.

G. These guidelines are a living document and will be subject to review in light of any scientific or medical developments.

In this spirit, the IOC Consensus Meeting agreed the following guidelines to be taken into account by sports organisations when determining eligibility to compete in male and female competition:

1. Those who transition from female to male are eligible to compete in the male category without restriction.

2. Those who transition from male to female are eligible to compete in the female category under the following conditions:

2.1. The athlete has declared that her gender identity is female. The declaration cannot be changed, for sporting purposes, for a minimum of four years.
2.2. The athlete must demonstrate that her total testosterone level in serum has been below 10 nmol/L for at least 12 months prior to her first competition (with the requirement for any longer period to be based on a confidential case-by-case evaluation, considering whether or not 12 months is a sufficient length of time to minimize any advantage in women’s competition).
2.3. The athlete's total testosterone level in serum must remain below 10 nmol/L throughout the period of desired eligibility to compete in the female category.
2.4. Compliance with these conditions may be monitored by testing. In the event of non-compliance, the athlete’s eligibility for female competition will be suspended for 12 months.
2) Hyperandrogenism in female athletes In response to the interim award dated 24 July 2015 in Chand v AFI and IAAF CAS 2014/A/3759, the IOC Consensus Meeting recommended:

Rules should be in place for the protection of women in sport and the promotion of the principles of fair competition.

The IAAF, with support from other International Federations, National Olympic Committees and other sports organisations, is encouraged to revert to CAS with arguments and evidence to support the reinstatement of its hyperandrogenism rules.

To avoid discrimination, if not eligible for female competition the athlete should be eligible to compete in male competition.

Source: International Olympic Committee
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2019, 08:39 PM   #2
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Default Re: International Olympic Committee considering Transgender athletes to be allowed to compete with other

This gender crap is seriously getting out of control!!

There will ALWAYS be an advantage for a male who chops his tackle off and then calls itself a female when it comes to sport. Always!
Love to see what would happen if a female tuned male, play rugby at a state or national level against an all male team. When this female turned male ends up in a wheelchair, or worse, who will be the first to cry foul??

The male turned female are the only ones to benefit here. I doubt there would be any female tuned male to ever be as competitive, or better than a male athlete.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2019, 09:23 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: International Olympic Committee considering Transgender athletes to be allowed to compete with other

Fallon Fox in the UFC is a male-cum-female fighter - in 2014 within the first round she broke the skull of her female opponent:

https://bjj-world.com/transgender-mm...male-opponent/

I'd say probably not a great idea to have transgender athletes competing in physical sports as genetically males are superior to females in bone density, muscle mass and we've got bigger frames.

I've got a female friend who is trying to compete against me in weight lifting in the gym and she's had to bust her *** flat out at the gym 7 days a week and she's just caught me now on lat pulldown even though my fitness regime consists of drinking beer, watching YouTube and the occasional half *** session at the gym where I spend more time taking a crap looking at my phone than lifting weights.

If transgender people want to compete against women in non physical competition like fashion shows, Ms Universe etc - I'm all for it, you're up against some stiff competition if you can win against a natural born female in a Ms Universe contest then I take my metaphorical hat off to you.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2019, 09:47 PM   #4
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Need to start labeling sports as XX or XY chromosome sports.

I don't care what gender you are, just don't try to use it to your advantage in competitive sports.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-03-2019, 11:02 PM   #5
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Hmmmm.... Seems fair.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2019, 11:22 PM   #6
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They created their own monster.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #7
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Maybe I should become transgender so I can be a champion female boxer. Just beating the crap out of women and being completely supported by the left wing.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-03-2019, 06:56 AM   #8
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But Serina's been in the tennis for years
Old 03-03-2019, 08:33 AM   #9
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This bloke would go alright...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZtOz-KKMhI

And the left dictate to us, to accept this as normal
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #10
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Can't wait till female sports are dominated by trans, and the women who reeeeeee about equality complain about how unfair it is. Careful what you wish for morons.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #11
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In WA they now want schools to put in another toilet for mixed gender.
So now there will be a boys, a girls, handicapped and mixed gender.

Stop the world, I want to get off.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:03 PM   #12
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
This bloke would go alright...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZtOz-KKMhI

And the left dictate to us, to accept this as normal
Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
Old 04-03-2019, 05:27 PM   #13
superyob
Banned

I am a tranny. Yes the secret is out. I actually feel that I am supposed to be fantastically rich. Therefore, give me free stuff. As a trans financial person, I deserve it...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #14
burnz
VFII SS UTE

it's getting to be a sad time to be female, yes there are only two genders.. fight me!!
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2019, 06:41 PM   #15
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People should be able to be who they want to be and do what they want to do, so long as it doesn't infringe upon those around them. I certainly don't want others telling me how to live my life.

However, I don't agree that transgender women (man to woman) should be allowed to compete with biological females. There is much more to it than simply falling within a certain testosterone and growth hormone range.

You cannot undo years of physical, structural and coordination development that is generally much more advantageous for males when it comes to sports that require physical strength, power and size. Males typically have larger amount of lean muscle mass, greater bone density, years of exposure to testosterone and probably resistance training stimulus. You cannot undo years of physical and neural development, nor can you undo millions of years of evolution. It's not fair for biological females competing in physical sports.

Sports that require greater skill rather than physical prowess might be a different story. Sports such as shooting, golf, darts, horse riding, possibly tennis and other high skill sports where skill is a greater asset than your physical attributes could be looked at (some of those sports can be physically demanding too).

FG XR6T SILHOUETTE - 380rwkw
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #16
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Living a normal life as transgender person whether pre op/ hormones/suppression drugs etc or after if the case may be is one thing ..Fair enough . I get that and respect that completely .

When it comes to sport though I'm not so sure it could be seen to be totally fair and equal in the truest sense.

IMO I think the IOC should not allow this to happen because there's a lot of people who would not accept it and doubt would always exist and transgender athletes could well be ostracised and questioned relentlessly particularly with male to female events I think .

I'll leave it at that .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:45 PM   #17
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe they should have mens, womens and transgender races...
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2019, 08:11 AM   #18
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
I don't think this a good idea and will ruin sport.

My daughter is at champion state representative level and fingers crossed, praying to God she may make it to the Olympics. But to put her up against a transgender/male - she'd have no chance!

Fear not the article you posted is three years old and a complete beat up from a tabloid rag.

FYI Crisis averted............

http://www.newnownext.com/the-olympi...mpete/04/2018/

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/4...1-006f480ab6fd
Old 05-03-2019, 08:46 AM   #19
marty351

XY=male
XX=female
simple.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:38 PM   #20
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I feel like we are due for another World War to separate the weak from the strong. Things have become too easy and that is why all of this weird crap has popped up.

I wish I was kidding.
5 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2019, 04:17 PM   #21
marty351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
I feel like we are due for another World War to separate the weak from the strong. Things have become too easy and that is why all of this weird crap has popped up.

I wish I was kidding.
Seperate the wheat from the chaff.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:24 PM   #22
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Seperate the wheat from the chaff.
I almost typed that exact quote in my previous post.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:51 AM   #23
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've said similar.
Give everyone something to really be concerned about.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2019, 02:16 PM   #24
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

That's it.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:30 PM   #25
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Not sure on the details, but because women are now allowed in the front lines there has been a recent court case surrounding the legalities of women being drafted into the army should a war go on. I'm guessing if that happened, equality would soon be a bad idea for women.

Careful what you wish for ladies. You can't have it both ways if you consider yourselves equals.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #26
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Some of the last defenders of Stalingrad when the Germans first approached the city in 1942 were females of the volunteer anti-air batteries. They turned their 37mm flak guns on the approaching German Panzers and fought until the bitter end. This is verifiable fact.

Women have served on the frontlines throughout history. Obviously nowhere near as many as men but there are examples.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:21 PM   #27
marty351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Some of the last defenders of Stalingrad when the Germans first approached the city in 1942 were females of the volunteer anti-air batteries. They turned their 37mm flak guns on the approaching German Panzers and fought until the bitter end. This is verifiable fact.

Women have served on the frontlines throughout history. Obviously nowhere near as many as men but there are examples.
....And they drove tanks, and they flew planes... to great effect.
Aunt Flo was the biggest problem.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:03 PM   #28
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I guess I just find the story of the female Soviet AA crews interesting because the Germans didn't even realise they had been fighting women until they had defeated them and advanced to the Soviet positions to discover the fallen.

There are plenty of Kurdish women fighting Isis right now but this is probably all off topic so I'll stop now.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:47 PM   #29
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate the AFL with a passion, the governing body, not the game. But I respect the hell out of them for not allowing Hannah Mouncey to play AFLW. The size of her compared to the other girls was obscene.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2019, 08:06 PM   #30
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
I hate the AFL with a passion, the governing body, not the game. But I respect the hell out of them for not allowing Hannah Mouncey to play AFLW. The size of her compared to the other girls was obscene.
The "woman" in question.

LOL, love the look on #44's face! Pretty much sums up what most sane people think about all this gender transition crap.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post