Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 23-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Seen new Mondeo with my eyeballs

Hey guys,

I was told this might be a good thread to start so here goes!

I saw the new Mondeo for the first time in the flesh because we had a drive day through Ford today. All I can say is that it is a very nice looking vehicle inside and out. I saw what appeared to be the turbo I5 model in lift back form, so I am guessing this would be one of the most expensive. But what you see on the UK site is pretty much it. The lines are very nice and pictures DO NOT show how hot this car is! It you are the same as me and thought the *** end looked a bit funny, it doesn't in the flesh, it looks very good. Get excited guys! Oh also the lift backs boot space is friggin massive!! Golf clubbers no need worry! If new Falcon looks like this we are in for a treat.

Old 23-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #2
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Can't wait to see the Mazda 6/Subie Liberty given some REAL competition!

But where's the pics?

Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
Can't wait to see the Mazda 6/Subie Liberty given some REAL competition!

But where's the pics?

Indeed, sorry no pics, and the ones in the brochures and websites are way better then what I would take anywho!
Old 23-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

When do dealers get stock? Or should I say lack of stock.

Knowing Ford they will give each dealer 4 cars for the first month, 2 of which will be demos... :(
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
When do dealers get stock? Or should I say lack of stock.

Knowing Ford they will give each dealer 4 cars for the first month, 2 of which will be demos... :(
LOL!!!

You know it too well!!

Stock SHOULD be arriving October! But who the #$&# knows!!!!

The latest "My Ford" mag has a very good write up (as expected) with good pics....

or try a Drive review at
http://yahoo.drive.com.au/Editorial/...rticleID=41416
got good pic's

looking forward to this one comming!!
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

If Ford stock control had any idea they will be stocking cars in holding yards themselves in big numbers to start with before they put them to the market, then once they have enough in stock to meet the demand then release the car. Look at Rangers for example, figures don't show it as a big seller but if Ford could actually supply enough to meet the demand so that customers weren't waiting 4 months for delivery then they may pick up some market share...

Yet again Ford shots itself in the foot, good products matched with no supply and or dealer commitment.
Old 23-08-2007, 10:47 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shoots that should read...
Old 23-08-2007, 10:53 PM   #8
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Have they said what variants they are going to bring in?
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #9
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2.3ltr petrol and 2.0ltr diesel sedan and hatchbacks! With an Auto
No wagon to start with! Down the track who knows!

There is also the 2.5ltr turbo, same as the XR-5, but not on the cards as yet.
may see it later, all depends how the model sells!
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #10
BlackLS

Same goes for the LS release, the XR5 as well as the WQ. 4 month waits killed the hype for these cars.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 11:36 PM   #11
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cant wait to see this one, could be my next car in a years time depending on what mazda come up with next. Hopefully the pricing is as competitive as the focuses.
Old 24-08-2007, 12:11 AM   #12
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
2.3ltr petrol and 2.0ltr diesel sedan and hatchbacks! With an Auto
No wagon to start with! Down the track who knows!
Wagon would have me lining up now....! Only other option would be a Mazda6 or for Automatic Diesel have to step up to a passat or down (Size wise) to a 307, for this class of car, obviously there are SUV's of every description in the price range....
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #13
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
If Ford stock control had any idea they will be stocking cars in holding yards themselves in big numbers to start with before they put them to the market, then once they have enough in stock to meet the demand then release the car. Look at Rangers for example, figures don't show it as a big seller but if Ford could actually supply enough to meet the demand so that customers weren't waiting 4 months for delivery then they may pick up some market share...

Yet again Ford shots itself in the foot, good products matched with no supply and or dealer commitment.
I have no idea sorry. Sounds like you have been there before! If there will be a pool of stock, I will be diving into it! Don't you worry we have the dealer commitment!!