Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-06-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
r2d2

Default 2008 XR5 Swaybar Size

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone knows the size of the existing (or if it has one) sway bay on the 08 XR5 and whether anyone sells aftermarket sway bars for them yet?

This was the biggest improvement I made on my WRX and would be looking to do the same with R2D2.

Thanks all

James

R2D2

Old 25-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Well eibach don't make them yet, neither do whiteline.

Gonna have to wait a little longer I think. And I agree, the best bang for buck handling mod out there, even better than springs IMO.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Well eibach don't make them yet, neither do whiteline.

Gonna have to wait a little longer I think. And I agree, the best bang for buck handling mod out there, even better than springs IMO.

Will the sway bar fit the TDCi as well? Can't be that much difference underneath.

I fitted one to an old car of mine, and the handling was improved.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #4
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

I think it would, they all look the same underneath.

I didn't notice an uprated swaybar on the xr5, just "lowered" springs...

As of yet no one makes one anyway.

As soon as they do I will most likely pick one up, I'll post details then.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d2
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone knows the size of the existing (or if it has one) sway bay on the 08 XR5 and whether anyone sells aftermarket sway bars for them yet?

This was the biggest improvement I made on my WRX and would be looking to do the same with R2D2.

Thanks all

James

R2D2
Had a look at mine and measured them on the weekend while I had the wheels off to rotate them.

Front bar is 21ml rear is 19 ml. Not sure if the XR5 is any different to the rest of the range, Sway bar technology has evolved quite a lot over recent years. Last thing I would do to the suspension on these cars is replace the roll bars!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post