Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Locks

I've just been on the o/s Mondeo site: http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...d/753132/tp/6/

And there is a comment there about being able to get the doors to lock after you drive off, and also getting only the driver's door to unlock with one press of the keyfog thingo.

Any one know if this can be done? I've asked my dealer these questions, and all I get back is a 'no'. I've even requested that they ask Ford, and I am told they have and still is that it can't be done.

The Colonel? Do you have any inside knowledge? Anyone else?

Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
TheColonel

Yeah i've seen those posts, and since no one has posted on how to do it, i assume it's done in the IDS software, but i'll have a look in the tech docs when i get a chance for you
Old 21-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Thanks Colonel. Seems as though it is like the old days when it took months for info to get to us. I would really like the doors to lock when I start moving, at least it will b a bit safer for my partner.

Look forward to hearing more, thanks for the update.
Old 22-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Colonel,

I put a post up on the pommy site and got this reply:

21-04-08 08:23 AM - Post#277649
Hi,

Sorry but I just asked them to set the option to lock the doors automatically on driving away. They had to connect their IDS laptop to the car and then I believe they just found the correct option on a menu although I did not actually watch what they were doing myself.

They did say that they were worried that the battery level could go too low while they were using IDS to programme the car and, if so, that the car's computer would have to be replaced! To avoid that they connected it up to a battery charger while they did the programming.

I don't know what other options they could have set as there does not seem to be a list anywhere. What I'd suggest (I intend to do this at the next service) is to ask them to agree to connect up the IDS while you are there and go through all the options with you are, so you can choose what you want. They might want to charge for their time while they do it though.

Sounds like a plan. At least for me.
Old 22-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
TheColonel

Yeah thought it would be in the IDS, i wouldn't worry about the battery, i had mine hooked up to the IDS for about an hour one day and didn't have any starting issues...
Old 22-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
jared79
Sock Puppets

Hey Colonel, was it at Byrne Ford at Chermside that you connected it. Did you just ask and they let you see what you can change? I just want to know what to ask for and if they do it.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I used the info on the pommy site above to set the locks to only unlock the drivers door. Real easy to do. The dealer was telling me that it couldn't be done. Might point him to the page and see what he says. Only drama with the locking is that you have to press the unlock button on the key fog pretty fast in order to get all the doors unlocked.

Will have to talk to my dealer about getting into the IDS to set the locks to go on when the vehicle starts moving.
Old 26-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #8
dominelli
Starter Motor

Hey Guys, I drive a Mondeo XR5 and I worked out that to change the locking pattern from all doors unlock to only drivers door unlock and second press(of the remote)to unlock the other doors, all you do (just like on a BA/BF Falcon) is you point the remote at the car, press 2 of the 3 buttons on the remote at the same time and hold for about 7 seconds until the indicators flash and that's it. To go back to 1 press all unlock, you do the same thing and it goes back to the original setting. As far as locking the doors on take off, that I haven't worked out yet.
dominelli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #9
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Colonel,

I put a post up on the pommy site and got this reply:

21-04-08 08:23 AM - Post#277649
Hi,

Sorry but I just asked them to set the option to lock the doors automatically on driving away. They had to connect their IDS laptop to the car and then I believe they just found the correct option on a menu although I did not actually watch what they were doing myself.

They did say that they were worried that the battery level could go too low while they were using IDS to programme the car and, if so, that the car's computer would have to be replaced! To avoid that they connected it up to a battery charger while they did the programming.

I don't know what other options they could have set as there does not seem to be a list anywhere. What I'd suggest (I intend to do this at the next service) is to ask them to agree to connect up the IDS while you are there and go through all the options with you are, so you can choose what you want. They might want to charge for their time while they do it though.

Sounds like a plan. At least for me.

Is this only appicable for automatics or can it also be done on the manual?

My current car has this feature but it is an automatic which made me wonder if it is somehow connected to the gearbox selector.
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #10
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Needs to be done through the IDS. Getting the dealer to do it is the issue, as they may not know about it or want to do it. My understanding is that the module used is the same across all models made. So it should work here in Aus. I will be getting the car back to the dealer before too long, and will post the results.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 29-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #11
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Needs to be done through the IDS. Getting the dealer to do it is the issue, as they may not know about it or want to do it. My understanding is that the module used is the same across all models made. So it should work here in Aus. I will be getting the car back to the dealer before too long, and will post the results.

I asked Torque Ford to do it today, have to wait and see what happens. They didn't sound too sure about it.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Old 30-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #12
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Well picked my XR5 up today and Torque Ford has set it to autolock. They had to read up how to do it. No one had asked them before.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Old 01-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #13
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Viykor
Well picked my XR5 up today and Torque Ford has set it to autolock. They had to read up how to do it. No one had asked them before.
Consider yourself lucky. I've been told it can't be done, but sounds as though it can be. Thank you for the advice, mine will be going to be set to auto lock when it goes in to get some issues sorted out.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 19-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #14
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I got the Autolock feature enabled. It kicks in less than 5 seconds from taking off. My missus is really pleased with it. And with a baby on the way, I'm pretty happy about it also.

Like some others, Ford didn't let the dealer network know about this feature, and if I didn't send the link through to the dealer from the pommy website, they wouldn't have known how to do it. At least it will be easier for the next person who goes into the dealership and wants it done.
Previous:
Old 19-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #15
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
I got the Autolock feature enabled. It kicks in less than 5 seconds from taking off. My missus is really pleased with it. And with a baby on the way, I'm pretty happy about it also.
Good to see they sorted it for you, it's a worry when customers are advising the dealership on what can be done.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
Zippy7

Quote:
I got the Autolock feature enabled. It kicks in less than 5 seconds from taking off.
Good to hear - We had this feature on our previous car, and want to get this enabled (We have 2 kids in the back!).
Did they specifically charge you for doing this?
Zippy7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #17
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
Good to hear - We had this feature on our previous car, and want to get this enabled (We have 2 kids in the back!).
Did they specifically charge you for doing this?
You have to get the dealer to do it, and they didn't charge me for it. It was done on one of the many trips back there to fix some other warranty issues. The locks are great and keep the boss happy.

You will need to ring them and tell the dealer that you want it done, and how they can do it (through the IDS), as I got told that they didn't know a. about the feature and b. whether the Australian Mondeo's used a different locking mechanism. I was also told that it took them some time to do it.

Not really the dealers fault, Ford Australia should be telling the dealers about this.

By my reckoning, if you get it enabled you'll be the third Mondeo in Australia with AutoLocking. We are a select group.
Previous:
Old 04-07-2008, 04:51 AM   #18
Brent L
Starter Motor

Southside Ford in Brisbane charged me $47 to enable the autolock feature when I had the car in for it's 3000k check up.
Brent L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2008, 06:35 AM   #19
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent L
Southside Ford in Brisbane charged me $47 to enable the autolock feature when I had the car in for it's 3000k check up.
That's a bit scummy IMO, it's not as though it entails a lot of work. Not the best way to promote customer service.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #20
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I'd be asking for my money back. It's not as if they were not doing work on your car anyways.

Complain for Ford Customer Service. And keep complaining, it's your car, you've paid for it.
Previous:
Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #21
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Viykor
That's a bit scummy IMO, it's not as though it entails a lot of work. Not the best way to promote customer service.
I agree - I wouldn't expect them to charge for doing something like this (trivial amount of effort).