Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-09-2007, 01:58 AM   #1
Deanodriver

Default Mk3 Mondeo ST220 - possible to import under SEVS?

I was just having a bit of a think earlier, and I was just wondering whether the previous-generation Mondeo ST220 would be eligible to be imported secondhand?

After all, I believe they satisfy the SEVS criteria. The Mondeo is over 105kW/ton (1506kg/165kW), sold on the world market for at least 18 months, different in appearance to anything sold here, and wasn't sold here.

Although I didn't see them on the SEVS list, I can't see anything that'd prevent them from being on it.

What's the general opinion here, should it be eligible?

Old 24-09-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

it may be eligible on SEVS but it may not comply to the australian ADR standards which is why you wont get it in here.

I think its anything made after 1989 or 1992??? not sure on the dates but its around there abouts, if it was made before hand you can import it, but anything after that date you cant.

But by all mean check it out, would really love to know.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I have the same question re Focus RS.

Have read the SEVS guidelines, but it is unclear whether these two cars are disqualified because the model name was sold here previously, or qualify because they are sufficiently different to the models sold here. (and the guidelines as to whether they are sufficiently different is a confusing as well)

Needs someone who understands the regulations, and most who do, understrand it from a Japanese or US POV.....not from a UK import POV.

If it qualifies, then it is a matter of someone making an application (and it is onerous) to have the vehicles put on the SEVS list. You don't have to personally plan to bring the vehicle into Australia to put in the application. Once accepted on the SEVS list then anyone can then import the vehicle

http://www.dotars.gov.au/roads/motor/sevs/index.aspx
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

You tell me this now steve.. i could of bought a GENUINE Focus RS :P lol...

im sceptical that they will ever get here :(

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #5
melbzetec

I only looked at this last week.

Besides, there are lots of RS's in the world, but only one Silver Bullit!!!LOL
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 24-09-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Focus RS = disqualified as the LR was sold here, same reason you can't bring in early evos.

Another thing to remember if complaincing. A car may be on the SEVS list but if there are no registered compliance workshops for that car then you can't bring it in either.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #7
melbzetec

I don't think it is that clear cut Piotr.

One could argue that the Focus RS was part of the Ford Focus Mark 1 series. We did not receive that in Australia.

Mondeo ST220 would be a different situation however

Old 24-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
melbzetec

http://www.dotars.gov.au/roads/motor...ular0-2-12.pdf

As clear as mud