Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #61
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
LOL every one it winging about $1.40 c/ltr but say NOTHING about $2.40 for a 600ml bottle of "spring water"
I don't drink over 100 litres of water every week... (Plus I can get a glass of water at home for next to nothing.)
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 01:55 AM   #62
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

Yup... im jack of the fuel costs, my pays been the same since fuel was like 1.05 a litre mabie even less.. ing mechanic.... fuels one of my largest costs... It's like getting a pay cut every week by a few bucks more...
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 02:14 AM   #63
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

peoples try doing 22 hours of uni a week, get a guaranteed 12 hours of work for coles myer @ $10.55 an hour and then try feed yourself, pay parking and petrol...

no wonder torn jeans are in fashion... becoming less of a choice!

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #64
red_hotxr6
Banned

If petrol hits $3.00 by next year then i think we should be looking at alternative fuel, because the price of milk is going to be about $6.00 for 3 ltr. :
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #65
Agent86
Not so low, not so slow.

not oly do the semi's have large fuel capacitys, but they have an insane fuel burn too.

to the tune of 1.6 ( for the BIG bangers ) to 2.8 Klm per litre.
the truck im driving at the moment sees around $650 -700 per week and thats not doing very many klms.. the poor interstate boys are being slaughtered to the tune of anything up to $15-20K per month for fuel.

this is the catalyst for another recession but i've been saying for a while now, that when it hits, we are all going to be squeezed rich and poor will all suffer.
i say rich, caus its us average people that make the rich people rich, and without us feeding them consumer profits..............

the good old land downunder will be going under soon if the worlds situation doesnt relent soon.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 10:19 AM   #66
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

I think what the governement is going to have to do is start controlling fuel prices at the bowser by adjusting the tax rate. All fuel prices nation wide will be the same, and the current cents per litre of tax will be frozen at todays or a bit lower rates for the next 3 years. Then after 3 years phase it back into percentage again. This would atleast limit the double punch effect of fuel rises going hand in hand with tax rises.

On one hand the government is saying don't put up prices yet, on the other the experts are saying $2 petrol this year easy and $3 next year, maybe more. Price rises could go above actual petrol rises if the fear is great enough, and the fear is certainly there.
Iphido is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #67
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last night as I drove through one suburb the price was $1.34, thought thats not to bad considering I paid more where I live only a few hours before hand : . To get into another suburb (all of 3 minutes distance) to see the price at $1.22 :

Wishing I had seen that price before fueling up yesterday :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 11:03 AM   #68
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Last night as I drove through one suburb the price was $1.34, thought thats not to bad considering I paid more where I live only a few hours before hand : . To get into another suburb (all of 3 minutes distance) to see the price at $1.22 :

Wishing I had seen that price before fueling up yesterday :
Dont you just hate it when that happens :
Old 29-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #69
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphido
the experts are saying $2 petrol this year easy and $3 next year, maybe more.
The experts also said last year that it would be at $2 at the start of this year. Point is we just have to wait and see. Unfortunatly Caltex are right, they said it in a cold type of way but we better get used to it. Me for one I'm still happy to go and fill my gas guzzler up and drive all day but I can understand that some people don't have that luxury. If they don't then they have to start adjusting themselves. EG Buy a bicycle or use public transport.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post