Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-03-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default FPV adds??? or just Toll HSV adds??

Does the obvioulsy factory backed team FPR have thir own commercials on tv??? I noticed neil crompton today commented that the Toll HSV TEAM specifically has a new add coming out.
It really does baffle me how a company in so much trouble or doubt financially(holden aus) can not only support 888 and Toll HRT but other teams.. aswell as giving Toll HRT enough money to develope an add and air it. And everyone knows how expessive commercials are these days...and its only for a race team WHICH ALLREADY IS A BILLBOARD ON WHEELS. And this isnt forgetting the monet thyve spent in recent years buying champion teams and drivers into the holden supported teams.
The only explanation that i can guess is that mr walkinshaw is so upset from last year he has an open checkbook for the team ...but i doubt it

it HONESTLY doesnt add up

1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: FPV adds??? or just Toll HSV adds??

It's a good question. But why are you singling out FPV? Why did not one single other team in pitlane do it? Why not say the same about T8. TKR or GRM.

I think it was a new idea, and given the time and money required to plan and fund, has probably been on the cards for awhile, and is not something easily copied. And rather than have the time to react now, I can't help but wonder if a few important people have taken notice and we might see more of it next year. Either that, or HRT spent way too much money on it, can't fund their own car development program now, and that's the last we'll see of it.

But recall the Holden mantra - when you have an inferior product, market the hell out of it!

Lukeyson
Old 03-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
FPVGT500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I cant see why Holden is broke i think its a load of bs, have you taken note on how much VE hommos are around?
FPVGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT500
I cant see why Holden is broke i think its a load of bs, have you taken note on how much VE hommos are around?
I don't see how a car can be a homo, but since its a Commodore we're talking about I guess anything's possible!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

mr walkinshaw is not mad at all and has not given or received money for a year now

maybe holden are doing an add and they chose to highlight their best known asset in v8 supercars
whether they should or shouldn't make adds is irrelevant . . . but when they do, they choose the subject
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
The only explanation that i can guess is that mr walkinshaw is so upset from last year he has an open checkbook for the team ...but i doubt it

Well, Tom Walkinshaw is dead...so...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just for the purpose of reference

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...213-18uty.html
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
Does the obvioulsy factory backed team FPR have thir own commercials on tv??? I noticed neil crompton today commented that the Toll HSV TEAM specifically has a new add coming out.
It really does baffle me how a company in so much trouble or doubt financially(holden aus) can not only support 888 and Toll HRT but other teams.. aswell as giving Toll HRT enough money to develope an add and air it. And everyone knows how expessive commercials are these days...and its only for a race team WHICH ALLREADY IS A BILLBOARD ON WHEELS. And this isnt forgetting the monet thyve spent in recent years buying champion teams and drivers into the holden supported teams.

it HONESTLY doesnt add up
Holden is profitable
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They have limits on how much they can spend on the car itself, with all the control parts and limited test days, so they spend it in the corporate department.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
Deaks

Quote:
Holden is profitable
This made me laugh (im hoping there was sarcasm in there somewhere)
Deaks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #11
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Holden is profitable
Not over the last 6 years they haven't been. One year does not make a pattern.

On average Holden make small profits every 3 years, with big losses in between.

Hardly what you would call successful, especially now that the only way they can fund new projects is to hold the government to ransom for hundreds of millions of dollars.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #12
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Not over the last 6 years they haven't been. One year does not make a pattern.

On average Holden make small profits every 3 years, with big losses in between.

Hardly what you would call successful, especially now that the only way they can fund new projects is to hold the government to ransom for hundreds of millions of dollars.
In recent years Holden have been more profitable than Ford Australia. And how dare they seek government assistance to invest in Australia, they should be more like Ford and fade into obscurity. Great to see Hyundai and Mazda overtake Ford in local sales but I'm sure it's all part of some 'master plan'.... pathetic.

Last edited by Brazen; 03-03-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #13
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
In recent years Holden have been more profitable than Ford Australia. And how dare they seek government assistance to invest in Australia, they should be more like Ford and fade into obscurity. Great to see Hyundai and Mazda overtake Ford in local sales but I'm sure it's all part of some 'master plan'.... pathetic.
Yes they have lost less money than Ford has over the last few years, but they haven't been profitable, but they sell a lot more cars so thats hardly a win is it.

Ford outsold Hyundai and Mazda last year, but supply issues cost them dearly in Jan with Ranger, Mondeo and hail damaged Falcon and Territory.

Seeking government assistance, and making threats to pull out, twisting the governments arm and being extremely greedy with what they ask for aren't the same thing.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #14
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Ford
2010 +25
2009 +13
2008 -274
2007 -87
2006 -40

-363 million

Holden
2010 +122
2009 -209
2008 -70
2007 -6
2006 -145

-308 million

Holdens biggest losses were from the VE's investment and collapsed export program, at the mercy of GM's failings.

The fact that holden have made 100m more then FoA this/last year is encouraging for them, considering the Caprice exports not pulling numbers, and scaled back middle east operations.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #15
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I'd say that considering their losses aren't much more than Fords, yet they sell a huge amount of extra vehicles means its even more of a failure.

If Ford had sold their cars in the numbers that Holden have, they probably would have been profitable.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #16
Sprint XR8

Holdens 2010 profit included a $100m government grant as revenue.

Quote:
The taxpayer subsidies helped bolster Holden's pre-tax profit to $136.8 million ($112.4 million after tax). Had the company not received the ACIS grants and made foreign exchange gains, it would have finished in the red.

Taking away the grants, foreign exchange gains and sundry revenue ($158.7 million combined) flips Holden's $136.8 million pre-tax profit into a $21.9 million pre-tax loss.

Subtracting the federal taxpayers' grant alone shrinks Holden's pre-tax profit to $37.2 million.
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...428-1dxfy.html
Sprint XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #17
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

during the V8 races last weekend, i saw adverts for a Canberra HSV dealer, but no Ford, FPV or Holden advertisements. (plenty for Jeep and Mazda tho).