Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 07-11-2005, 08:03 PM   #1
xr8dave
Starter Motor

Default which exhaust for xr8

I have a dilema...I have read all the threads and cannot decide which is the best setup for me. i own a 2005 xr8 ute, no engine mods but the sound of the exhaust is boring me. its too quiet. so far i have looked at the herrod and difillipo systems, they look good but are pricey... i am also thinking about fitting cold air intake, helix spacer. that will be about the extent of the mods with the exhaust as well. Is twin system better or single? is 3inch diamter better or 2 1/2inch. Stainless or mild steel. Are are after market headers worth the expense. i have been told the stock ones are . Can someone help me please

xr8dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 08:15 PM   #2
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Hey Dave

I hear you on the boring sound… I had the GT in to the exhaust shop the first week after I took delivery and will do the same for my new Super Pursuit.

Speak to Scott at Ultimate Performance he looked after my GT – and made it sound like the V8 Supercar that I knew was hiding inside of it. I like the look of a big exhaust so would go 3inch (size does matter!), I was also advised to put pacemaker extractors on and I think my car sounds the business. Sorry I can’t provide technical information but a lot of the kids in the club are great at that sort of stuff and I am sure they will respond shortly.

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #3
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Hey Dave

I hear you on the boring sound… I had the GT in to the exhaust shop the first week after I took delivery and will do the same for my new Super Pursuit.

Speak to Scott at Ultimate Performance he looked after my GT – and made it sound like the V8 Supercar that I knew was hiding inside of it. I like the look of a big exhaust so would go 3inch (size does matter!), I was also advised to put pacemaker extractors on and I think my car sounds the business. Sorry I can’t provide technical information but a lot of the kids in the club are great at that sort of stuff and I am sure they will respond shortly.

Cheers, Tori
Hi there Tori,
I think you should run a piece of quater inch PVC pipe with a tennis ball jammed up the tail pipe. If you like Tori, I will arrange for you LOL. See, I still dont know how to play nice, looks like that umbrella is going to be held to ransom a bit longer
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 08:34 PM   #4
xr8dave
Starter Motor

Thanks tori.....im on the sunshine coast qld where is ultimate performance???
Old 07-11-2005, 08:42 PM   #5
Penelope Pitstop

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoon
Hi there Tori,
I think you should run a piece of quater inch PVC pipe with a tennis ball jammed up the tail pipe. If you like Tori, I will arrange for you LOL. See, I still dont know how to play nice, looks like that umbrella is going to be held to ransom a bit longer
That brolly will be mine forever the way you are going...

And as for shoving a quarter inch PVC pipe with a tennis ball up my tail pipe - um... No Thank You and if you attempt it on Saturday night I will hunt you down and shish kebab you!

Cheers, Tori
Old 07-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #6
Penelope Pitstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8dave
Ultimate is at Brendale - which is northside so not that far from you. They have a website so go check that out and if you want to drool over my Silver GT you will find piccys of her on there!

Cheers, Tori
Old 07-11-2005, 10:01 PM   #7
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was the same, wanted it to sound like a V8. I had Pacemaker Extractors ($1000), Redback 2 1/2" Sports Exhaust ($770) & SS Inductions Cold Air Intake ($720) installed and it sounds like a V8, more power and better fuel economy.

Hope this helps.
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 10:03 PM   #8
Black Panther

Quote:
I to have had Scott do both my GT & Super Pursuit and he does a great job, went with Pacemaker's 21/2 inch,he also can supply & fit the SS cold air induction for you. They are at 349 South Pine Road Brendale,ph 32053705 ask to speak to Scott or Kerri. They really do bring the best out of the Boss motor.
Cheers Dean
Black Panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 10:34 PM   #9
xr8dave
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie bloke
I was the same, wanted it to sound like a V8. I had Pacemaker Extractors ($1000), Redback 2 1/2" Sports Exhaust ($770) & SS Inductions Cold Air Intake ($720) installed and it sounds like a V8, more power and better fuel economy.

Hope this helps.
thanx bloke..starting too panic after quotes from herrod and difillipo came in at just under $4000 for the exhaust(stainless). Did u consider a 3" system?. I cant understand why but ive been told stainless gives more power. can u tell me who did ur exhaust and if u shopped around. Dave @ Palmwoods
Old 08-11-2005, 01:54 AM   #10
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
thanx bloke..starting too panic after quotes from herrod and difillipo came in at just under $4000 for the exhaust(stainless). Did u consider a 3" system?. I cant understand why but ive been told stainless gives more power. can u tell me who did ur exhaust and if u shopped around. Dave @ Palmwoods
$4000, Holy ####... (pick my self up of the floor) No way is any exhaust worth that much, Ever. Mate go to Ultimate exhaust, They are the best. If you wan't send me a PM and I will send my phone number and I can give you a tast of what a real exhaust system sound like....

Tori will agrea it sounds tough...... thank to Scott at Ultimate performance exhaust

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 02:15 AM   #11
Penelope Pitstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
$4000, Holy ####... (pick my self up of the floor) No way is any exhaust worth that much, Ever. Mate go to Ultimate exhaust, They are the best. If you wan't send me a PM and I will send my phone number and I can give you a tast of what a real exhaust system sound like....

Tori will agrea it sounds tough...... thank to Scott at Ultimate performance exhaust
Yes I will agree - Matts car sounds horny as. Last cruise I went on with Matt I actually turned off the stereo, wound down the windows and listened to the perfect note of his exhaust all the way round the mountain (that actually makes me sound a bit sad - doesn't it? : ). Ultimate are the ultimate and I am sure mine only coast around $1600 - $1800 and sounds even better than Matts! - Carn Matt it does so and you know it! :
Old 08-11-2005, 02:28 AM   #12
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Yes I will agree - Matts car sounds horny as. Last cruise I went on with Matt I actually turned off the stereo, wound down the windows and listened to the perfect note of his exhaust all the way round the mountain (that actually makes me sound a bit sad - doesn't it? : ). Ultimate are the ultimate and I am sure mine only coast around $1600 - $1800 and sounds even better than Matts! - Carn Matt it does so and you know it! :
I don't know what Scott did to your car, but he has done something wrong. Your GT now sound like a Daewoo with a Milo tin exhaust :

Seriously tho, It does sound like a real v8 now.....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 08-11-2005, 09:13 AM   #13
8pAc
RDP #181

Scott and the boys did mine too and i must say the guys there did an awesome job. Cheers to Ultimate.
Camrys like most Toyotas have always been ugly, poorly equiped & brain crushingly dull but that's what a lot of people look for in a car unfortunately. I like my fridge, it keeps my beer cold other people like them so much they want to drive them it seems.
8pAc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #14
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pAc
Scott and the boys did mine too and i must say the guys there did an awesome job. Cheers to Ultimate.
Another vote for Ultimate Exhaust and here's the link to the website.

www.ultimateperformance.com.au/

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #15
xr8dave
Starter Motor

Thanx for the help..rang scott getting twin 2 1/2 system with pacies and ss induction fitted on thursday.....cant @#$%ing wait. thanks again
Old 08-11-2005, 07:56 PM   #16
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do your self a favour and do a search on the forums for cold air inductions. you will find the the SS set up is not very good. alot of forum members have taken there SS induction off and have gone to a Pod in a cool box set up, which work alot better then the SS ste up.......

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 08-11-2005, 11:55 PM   #17
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Thumbs up

Ultimate exhausts

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4