Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default WZ Fiesta ST Mountune Thread

Hey kids, who's flirting with the idea of Mountune upgrades that won't void the warranty on your ST? I know I am!

Here's a review of the Mountune package that 'everyone' is talking about...

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...t-drive-review

...sounds VERY promising.

LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Default Re: WZ Fiesta ST Mountune Thread

Dont get too excited just yet, but hopefully it comes. From my contact with MT it sounds good but im not too sure on what will happen, ball is in FoA's court, they also told me they have another avenue.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
GeeDubF6

Yes, bring it out FoA!

Having just that little bit more poke will make this THE car to have - it already sticks around any corner, just needs to have a bigger slingshot out the other side...

Old: BF MKII F6 #00390 in Breeze. Sunroof, 19" Dark Argent wheels, Reverse Sensors, Electric Pedals, Leather, FPV Mats... Ear to ear grin!!
GeeDubF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
cainen

The sales manager at the dealer I bought from told me the upgrade would definitely be available from December but I haven't heard that anywhere else. Sounds like a nice Christmas present to myself if true...
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

In this weeks goauto.com.au in the news section there is a full story about mountune and ford Aus and where there at.
Mrmavx
mrmavx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
GeeDubF6

That article certainly sounds promising. Talking to the owners of 3 Focus RS beasts this evening and they are hopeful that with the Focus/Fiesta ST numbers increasing it will a better market to entice the offering.

Can only live in hope...

Old: BF MKII F6 #00390 in Breeze. Sunroof, 19" Dark Argent wheels, Reverse Sensors, Electric Pedals, Leather, FPV Mats... Ear to ear grin!!
2 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
ConST

I've been speaking to my dealer about it. There is nothing set in stone yet, and Mountune is only in the early negotiation stage with Ford Australia. That said, it could be possible for individual dealerships to become Mountune reps, in which case the onus would be on them to honour warranty claims if anything happens.

I reckon it will take quite a bit of time before anything happens.
ConST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConST View Post
I've been speaking to my dealer about it. There is nothing set in stone yet, and Mountune is only in the early negotiation stage with Ford Australia. That said, it could be possible for individual dealerships to become Mountune reps, in which case the onus would be on them to honour warranty claims if anything happens.
I believe that has been the case in the US where only certain dealers are doing it. In the UK though it is covered by all Ford Warranty.

Hopefully they do bring it although I'm sure there will be a significant mark up on the price.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #9
Pursya

Hard for dealers to take on Warranty ownership. Wouldn't blame them if they didn't.
Need Ford Aus to throw their weight behind it. As they are scrambling for any positive press after their betrayal of the Australian people, maybe a bit of pressure media wise would help.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
ConST

So I picked up a short shift kit from Mountune. Just spent two hours trying to fit it. I can't. I need to tighten a hex bolt from underneath into the new bracket. It's just not possible. There is hardly any room down there.

Anyone know someone in Sydney who might be able to install it for me? It's not hard to do at all. I just can't get in there.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #11
GeeDubF6

Quote:
So I picked up a short shift kit from Mountune. Just spent two hours trying to fit it. I can't. I need to tighten a hex bolt from underneath into the new bracket. It's just not possible. There is hardly any room down there.
Hey mate, any chance you can get to it by using a hex bit in a socket on an extension?

Just spent 2 1/2 hours myself fitting a cat back system. Tried every which way to remove the factory exhaust in 1 piece - no luck. Not the best feeling using an angle grinder on a 4 day old car... ;)

Old 06-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #12
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeDubF6 View Post
Hey mate, any chance you can get to it by using a hex bit in a socket on an extension?

Just spent 2 1/2 hours myself fitting a cat back system. Tried every which way to remove the factory exhaust in 1 piece - no luck. Not the best feeling using an angle grinder on a 4 day old car... ;)

You heathen.

Please post your VIN number so I never have the misfortune to purchase your vehicle.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #13
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeDubF6 View Post
Tried every which way to remove the factory exhaust in 1 piece - no luck. Not the best feeling using an angle grinder on a 4 day old car... ;)
It's the same story on the Focus, you have to cut the exhaust to remove it. Bit of a bugger if you want to put the stock exhaust back on - makes it an exhaust shop job.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #14
ConST

Well, here's a clip of the Mountune quick shift kit I installed in my Fiesta ST yesterday.

Absolutely the best mod you could ever do if you like short, mechanical, high resistance throws!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOW97...ature=youtu.be
2 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #15
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love my MT short shifter in the Focus, improved the weight and feel of the throws out of sight.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #16
Pursya

Pretty cool Con.
Resistance is a great thing in a short shift. Don't know why anyone would not like the feel of a positive shift.
Well done.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #17
ConST

As an FYI, I have been speaking to David Moore quite a bit over at Mountune UK. Apparently things are progressing with Ford Oz (holding my breath....I've heard that before from them)....BUT....the new mTune handsets will be available in the next month or so, meaning anyone can flash their car themselves easily. The rest of the MP215 package is super easy to install, and can be done at home with a screwdriver basically. So in cause things don't work out with Ford here, you can still get it done.

The handsets are provided by Cobb Tuning in the US, who partners with Mountune.

Sounds like Bluefin to me haha. If Mountune becomes too mainstream, which I think it will, I'll probably look at getting a custom tune done.
Old 19-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #18
ConST

Got a response from Mountune today, as I've been trying to get them to sell me an MP215 kit. My dealer said he'd flash the remap on for me.

"Hi Con,

As we're (hopefully) nearing the end of our discussions with Ford to bring the new ST kits to market with their full support, we wouldn't want to rock the boat - especially being so close.

The best option would be to wait a few weeks for our new mTune handset and update to the MP kit using that.

When Ford come to the party we can send you an activation code and you can update the calibration at the dealers.

Best regards,

David Moore
Marketing Manager
mountune®"
Old 19-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #19
GeeDubF6

Certainly sounds promising! I bet Mountune are loving the positive uptake of these kits - seems like anyone who picks up one of these toys knows exactly what they are capable of, and are willing to spend some extra cash in extracting more fun. ;)

I have been wondering just how a warranty claim might go in Aus with one of these tunes, given that UK and US Ford managed to grow a pair and support their loyal buying public. Surely that sets a factory backed precedent that the tunes are not the cause of any issues...

Still holding my breath, but jeez Ford - hurry up already!!

Old 19-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #20
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Man, I need that MP215 kit in my life!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #21
catafo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Well, here's a clip of the Mountune quick shift kit I installed in my Fiesta ST yesterday.

Absolutely the best mod you could ever do if you like short, mechanical, high resistance throws!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOW97...ature=youtu.be
Got a similar reply on the 10th of October

Hi Ray,

We are in talks with Ford of Australia to bring the new ST kits to market with full factory backing, but this can obviously take some time.

If you wanted full warranty backing then you would obviously need to wait for that to come to fruition.

The mTune we're in the final stages of sign-off and we're expecting the first order to land with us within the next month. This updates the calibration separately to the Ford system so you know you'll be getting the same great upgrade, it just won't be logged in the warranty system (an MR kit in effect).

Regarding fuel economy, you'll notice little if any difference - only if you drive everywhere at WOT (which you might for the first week or two after upgrading).

We don't have to homologate the fuel economy for an aftermarket kit - particularly as it's a 'performance' upgrade.

Hi Ray,

Unfortunately the flashing system we're using in Europe has not been verified via the Ford dealers in Australia for the new ST kits so we wouldn't be able to support the calibration install.

The quickest / easiest way to do this would be to wait for a few weeks for the launch of our mTune handset which we will be offering in MP215 kit form - you can then install the calibration yourself.

Best regards,

mountune
catafo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #22
catafo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Got a response from Mountune today, as I've been trying to get them to sell me an MP215 kit. My dealer said he'd flash the remap on for me.

"Hi Con,

As we're (hopefully) nearing the end of our discussions with Ford to bring the new ST kits to market with their full support, we wouldn't want to rock the boat - especially being so close.

The best option would be to wait a few weeks for our new mTune handset and update to the MP kit using that.

When Ford come to the party we can send you an activation code and you can update the calibration at the dealers.

Best regards,

David Moore
Marketing Manager
mountune®"
ot a similar reply on the 10th of October*

Hi Ray,We are in talks with Ford of Australia to bring the new ST kits to market with full factory backing, but this can obviously take some time.If you wanted full warranty backing then you would obviously need to wait for that to come to fruition.The mTune we're in the final stages of sign-off and we're expecting the first order to land with us within the next month. This updates the calibration separately to the Ford system so you know you'll be getting the same great upgrade, it just won't be logged in the warranty system (an MR kit in effect).Regarding fuel economy, you'll notice little if any difference - only if you drive everywhere at WOT (which you might for the first week or two after upgrading).We don't have to homologate the fuel economy for an aftermarket kit - particularly as it's a 'performance' upgrade

Unfortunately the flashing system we're using in Europe has not been verified via the Ford dealers in Australia for the new ST kits so we wouldn't be able to support the calibration install.The quickest / easiest way to do this would be to wait for a few weeks for the launch of our mTune handset which we will be offering in MP215 kit form - you can then install the calibration yourself.

Best regards,mountune******

Last edited by catafo; 22-10-2013 at 01:36 AM. Reason: errors in text
catafo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
aratic

I received an email reply from Mountune saying mTune would be released by the end of the year despite only a few months back saying it would be by the end of Sept. Based on their track record so far, I'm not counting on it.

This whole FoA / Mountune thing is a debacle. The cars are sourced FROM Europe and with Fords whole global approach to car sales you'd think it would be a formality. Seems the global approach is only used when it suits them.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #24
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Yep numerous facebook contact with MT yields the same response every time. Poor form.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 01-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #25
aratic

Cobb Stage 2 is getting more tempting by the day
Old 02-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #26
ConST

Unfortunately Cobb won't work for us. Different ECU, and they're not releasing a tune for ours. That's why Mountune is supposed to release the mTune.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #27
aratic

Quote:
Unfortunately Cobb won't work for us. Different ECU, and they're not releasing a tune for ours. That's why Mountune is supposed to release the mTune.
That sucks. Anyway I hope they are released by the end of the year like they've said.

Have you had discussions with your dealer about whether it will affect your warranty if FoA don't approve the Mountune gear?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #28
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Got a good response from MT after a mate posted on their FB page, I dont wanna believe it but seems FoA are the issue atm.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #29
aratic

I think Ford Australia were always going to be the problem. To be honest, there is probably no commercial benefit for them to accept it, they won't be getting paid for it (except possibly some markup being made by the dealer) and they are taking on the risk with honouring warranties.

Even so it's pretty **** poor considering other euro Marques like BMW and Volvo offer dealer tuning packages with factory support
Old 04-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #30
ConST

Revo tune has officially been released. According to their website, it's available in Australia. Only issue is I don't know of any Revo/Ford shops over here.

Anyone know of any in Sydney?

http://www.revotechnik.com/type/17041/13/