Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #61
ConST

Default Re: Aftermarket parts for the Fiesta ST

It's completely down to personal preference I guess, but I can't see how anyone would want to put a chrome grill on a Fiesta. It's not a Harley.

As for wind deflectors...

http://www.finsport-shop.co.uk/en/pr...flector-st180/
ConST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #62
Swoopdown

Theres an American Fully Chromed Fiesta ST i noticed it on instagram but pretty sure itd be easily googled.
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #63
trumpy73

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB-TPNw_ruc
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #64
ConST

Sorry, but that's one of the most hideous things I've ever seen in my life. It looks absolutely retarded.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #65
EVOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73 View Post

This is sad...

It would be cooler to wrap an i20 in chrome and stick some pink stickers on it too
EVOX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #66
Pursya

Truly horrible thought.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2013, 01:48 AM   #67
DreadlyST

May not be to everyones taste but you gotta admit that the dude that did the wrapping did an awsome job, it's flawless.
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #68
DreadlyST

After seeing the pics of the TGST wide body ST in the ST photo thread, and someone stating that they would not ship here from the UK, I was intrigued, so after doing some looking around I found that there is a wide body Ken Block kit available from puma speed in the UK, they will ship here but it'll cost ya half the price of the kit!! which is au$2500. Kit does not include the spoiler which retails for more than the whole Body Kit, at just under $3K, It's a ******* insane spoiler though!!
The whole kit bolts straight on with some bonding and blending on the rear 1/4 panels.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-F..._911.jsp&pic=1
Old 20-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #69
ConST

Oh dear god. Sorry to say, but that is hideous. You couldn't pay me to install that on my car.
Old 20-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #70
Skramit

Yeah that body kit is not to my taste either. Just looks way to .... obscene for me.
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #71
DreadlyST

It's a dame shame that pod filters are against the law here, how good does this sound?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6lRyxsnaOs
Would be interesting to see some dyno figures with this intake, but I can't find any.
Here's a stock one dyno'd in US
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaOuBXSD12Q
Old 25-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #72
trumpy73

Against the law?
Old 25-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #73
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Having an open pod in the engine bay isn't road legal, boxed filter is.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #74
DreadlyST

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
Having an open pod in the engine bay isn't road legal, boxed filter is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73
Against the law?
Did you not read the post?? I opened with : it's a shame it's against the law

Correction, Sorry, missed the question mark in the post by trumpy, now I see it was a question and an answer!!

Last edited by DreadlyST; 25-11-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 25-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #75
trumpy73

Must admit I had no idea. I used to have a pod filter in my little old pulsar for years. Lucky I never got pulled over.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #76
DreadlyST

Why does every aftermarket part for this car have to come from the UK with ridiculously expensive shipping costs?
I'm interested in aquiring one of the Tripple R Composits front lips, same 1 as GeeDubF6 has ( pic in ST photo Thread) and also some wind deflectors.
I don't use bookface and can't seem to find contact details for Tripple R Composits anywhere else, to see if they can ship multiple units for a combined shipping cost.
I have been in contact with the wind deflector seller and have been informed that they will ship 5 sets of deflectors for 1 shipping price. Here's a link for the deflectors
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=190852531870
If 5 people get together it will cost $101 each landed in Sydney!
Drop me a line if you might also be intrested in these parts and maybe we can split the shipping fees.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #77
Swoopdown

I got my air filter the other day but havent put it in yet... looked like i needed special tool to unscrew the box

Let me know, if you order a shortshifter kit!

Trying to swap the licence plate lights for LED but abit of a hassale it seems.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #78
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Even USA prices are ridiculous.

I would be in for a front lip.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #79
garat05
Starter Motor

Count me in for the front lip group buy too!
garat05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #80
garat05
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post
I got my air filter the other day but havent put it in yet... looked like i needed special tool to unscrew the box

Let me know, if you order a shortshifter kit!

Trying to swap the licence plate lights for LED but abit of a hassale it seems.
Ive installed a mountune short shifter and changed licence plate lights to LED...

Short shifter is a major pain in the butt, its not difficult at all and should only take about 15 minutes its just that its almost impossible to get to the screws you need to tighten... took me about 90 minutes in the end and considerable donations to the god of blood, still 20 seconds into your test drive around the block when your done and its all totally worth it.

The licence plate LEDS is a simple 30 second job to pop out the old and put in the new.
Old 22-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #81
Swoopdown

Yeah i want the short shifter.

I was abit worried about popping the lights out of the license it seemed like they didnt want to come out. Ill give it ago this arvo.
Old 22-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #82
garat05
Starter Motor

I actually bent the clip almost 180 degrees on the left one and thought i had stuffed it but it bent right back once i got it out.

Changing to LED on the licence plate is a simple small mod that has a big impact, had a couple of non car people comment that they liked how the light was white instead of the stock yellow.

Just put a bee sting antenna on last night and that's another simple small change that has a noticeable impact on how the car looks.
Old 13-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #83
Swoopdown

http://blog.modbargains.com/6-mods-m...fun-fiesta-st/ interesting article for the American FiST.

Got my mountune short shifter in the mail today. big package for a small mod haha.
Old 18-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #84
cainen

A quick update and question..

I bought ConST's Bluefin from him about 6 weeks ago. Took me a while to get the drivers installed properly on my PC but once I managed to do it, installing the tune on my car was a breeze.

The power was very different after installation. First gear was particularly brutal. Plenty of wheelspin in 1st, totally overpowering the traction control. 2nd also gave a big shove in the back and I didn't really get a chance to go hard in 3rd onwards as it would push me well over the legal limit. My issue was though, there seemed to be some kind of hesitation in power at around the 2500rpm mark. It was most noticeable in 2nd gear when pushing at around 75% throttle. It was not as noticeable at WOT or in regular driving but it bothered me a bit so I emailed Bluefin and they sent me a new tune a few days later.

The new tune definitely improved the hesitation in power but it was still there. There didn't seem to be as much of an increase in power as the original tune, though this may have been down to the power delivery being a lot smoother. Traction control would keep things in check, even in 1st gear. I asked Bluefin and they said there was no change in power but they probably were just going along with what I said...

About 2 weeks ago I switched to 98RON from 95 and started noticing an improvement in the 'hesitation'. I kinda liked the 'shove' of the original tune so asked Bluefin to resend it to me to try it out with the 98. I have only really driven it in the wet since I reinstalled it on Saturday but the hesitation is definitely less than it was before and I'm finding it more enjoyable to drive with the instant power/torque available. At fullboot the wheels will spin up in 2nd even with traction on. So I think I will stick with this tune for the time being.

My question is..what should I do next? I guess my main priority would be installing something that would decrease the likelihood of my car going 'pop' after upping the power by tuning without any other modding. I also wouldn't mind it sounding a bit nicer with an exhaust and/or CAI but my main priority for the moment would be reliable power increases.
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #85
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Tyres would be the next obvious upgrade, no point having power if it isn't getting to the ground.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #86
Simmo_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cainen View Post

I bought ConST's Bluefin from him about 6 weeks ago. Took me a while to get the drivers installed properly on my PC but once I managed to do it, installing the tune on my car was a breeze.

The power was very different after installation. First gear was particularly brutal. Plenty of wheelspin in 1st, totally overpowering the traction control. 2nd also gave a big shove in the back and I didn't really get a chance to go hard in 3rd onwards as it would push me well over the legal limit. My issue was though, there seemed to be some kind of hesitation in power at around the 2500rpm mark. It was most noticeable in 2nd gear when pushing at around 75% throttle. It was not as noticeable at WOT or in regular driving but it bothered me a bit so I emailed Bluefin and they sent me a new tune a few days later.

The new tune definitely improved the hesitation in power but it was still there. There didn't seem to be as much of an increase in power as the original tune, though this may have been down to the power delivery being a lot smoother. Traction control would keep things in check, even in 1st gear. I asked Bluefin and they said there was no change in power but they probably were just going along with what I said...

About 2 weeks ago I switched to 98RON from 95 and started noticing an improvement in the 'hesitation'. I kinda liked the 'shove' of the original tune so asked Bluefin to resend it to me to try it out with the 98. I have only really driven it in the wet since I reinstalled it on Saturday but the hesitation is definitely less than it was before and I'm finding it more enjoyable to drive with the instant power/torque available. At fullboot the wheels will spin up in 2nd even with traction on. So I think I will stick with this tune for the time being.

My question is..what should I do next? I guess my main priority would be installing something that would decrease the likelihood of my car going 'pop' after upping the power by tuning without any other modding. I also wouldn't mind it sounding a bit nicer with an exhaust and/or CAI but my main priority for the moment would be reliable power increases.
Have you tightened all your boost clamps? Noticeable power for free! By noticeable I mean it's slightly more aggressive/ responsive in WOT
Old 19-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #87
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo_M View Post
Have you tightened all your boost clamps? Noticeable power for free! By noticeable I mean it's slightly more aggressive/ responsive in WOT
I'm definitely gonna give this a try. Anyone else done it?

http://blog.modbargains.com/6-mods-m...fun-fiesta-st/
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #88
cainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo_M View Post
Haven't done it yet but why wouldn't ford tighten them properly from the factory?
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #89
Simmo_M

No idea. But I did it today.... Don't know if it worked or if it's just placebo effect, esspecially after getting my car back from the panel beaters today ( $2700 worth of hail damage) I completely forgot how the car drove in general. Also people recommend removing the tiny foam tube from the sound symposer tube... Did that, HIGHLY doubt it does anything, considering it looks hardly restricting at all!

If read someone used their COBB and clocked the boost at around 16psi pre-clamp tightening and 23psi post-clamp tightening.
Old 22-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #90
ConST

Default Aftermarket parts for the Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by cainen View Post

Hey dude. I haven't been here in a while haha. You should have messaged me if you had questions!

I had the same hesitation in mine as well at first, but after about 1000kms or so, it pretty much stopped. One thing to know is that any ECU remap will "learn" over time so to say and adjust it's own timings, boost, etc.

Power wise in first, I told you it'll spin haha. Try it in the wet and see what happens . Take your hands off the wheel and you'll notice how much torque steer is actually present now. Pretty much on par with the Focus ST.

Personally, with that much going to the front wheels, the wisest mods to do from here would be sway bars, torque arm inserts, and ultimately, a proper mechanical LSD. There is no point in adding more power. This car with a flash is where it should be. Any more and it will just be wheel spin. I also had a CAI and a full TBE on mine before I sold it. Added about another 12kW to the car. It was too much. I had so much wheel spin it took all enjoyment of driving the car away.

I hope it's cleared up now for you though!

Last edited by ConST; 22-02-2014 at 09:08 PM.