Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #61
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default Re: st ordered

Just did a quote via NRMA (Whom i have a few policies with)

$1340 with Full Comprensive + Plus - $650 excess. Windscreen repair and hire car etc. That is less than what im paying for my current Fiesta Zetec. WOOHOO

I'm 29. No claim discount for life. Have had one accident over the years was at fault.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #62
aeon
Starter Motor

Just rang up the dealer up here to see if they had in any in - they had one rolling off the truck as I spoke to him, will be ready to have a look at tomorrow afternoon! He said they've got that one in stock, and should get one a month for the next couple of months. Nice, will go check it out tomorrow
aeon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #63
ryu88
Starter Motor

Thanks for everyone's responses re: insurance. Need to get off my butt and start making some calls haha.. Too bad only NRMA seems like the only company with the ST listed on their online quote tool.
ryu88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #64
EG30

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Saw this molten orange example at Lynford Osborne Pk Perth tonight.

Surprised with the driveaway price esp with WA being $$$ in stamp duty, was expecting $30-31k on the road.

Are there many factory options on the list other than metallic colours ie leather trim, sunroof, different rims? Transponder keyless start and folding mirrors standard features right?
EG30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #65
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA View Post
Just did a quote via NRMA (Whom i have a few policies with)

$1340 with Full Comprensive + Plus - $650 excess. Windscreen repair and hire car etc. That is less than what im paying for my current Fiesta Zetec. WOOHOO

I'm 29. No claim discount for life. Have had one accident over the years was at fault.
Wow I never thought it would be that much, I'm paying about 2/3's that for my Focus ST, with similar stats minus the crash.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #66
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No options that I'm aware of. Keyless start is standard. No option to get leather seats (might bye able to swap in focus seats later on?)
As far as rims, does it have the same stud pattern as any other existing fiesta?
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #67
ConST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Wow I never thought it would be that much, I'm paying about 2/3's that for my Focus ST, with similar stats minus the crash.
Insurance premiums are always higher on newly released cars. Mainly due to the availability of a replacement in the case of a write-off.
ConST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #68
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConST View Post
Insurance premiums are always higher on newly released cars. Mainly due to the availability of a replacement in the case of a write-off.
I have a Focus ST and a simple rear ending someone would be fairly costly. And mine orang that pricey.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 29-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #69
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
I have a Focus ST and a simple rear ending someone would be fairly costly. And mine orang that pricey.
wow that was some poor typing
orang=isn't hahahah
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 29-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #70
ConST

Quote:
Yeah but the Focus ST has been around a lot longer, and the chances of finding a direct replacement locally in the case of a write-off is a lot easier.

Unfortunately this is one of the factors insurers consider when setting premiums.
Old 29-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #71
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConST View Post
Yeah but the Focus ST has been around a lot longer, and the chances of finding a direct replacement locally in the case of a write-off is a lot easier.

Unfortunately this is one of the factors insurers consider when setting premiums.
Yeah that's probably true, eve though it hasn't been around much longer I guess it's enough. And let's face it insurers will will find any reason to put the price up.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 29-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #72
GeeDubF6

Just dropped a deposit on a Molten Orange. Came off the truck this morning - 5 test drives booked, mine being the first. Now there are 4 drivers upset at missing at least a short fang - car was just too good to pass up...

Insurance with AAMI quoted at $40/mth - so much better than the $160 I was paying for the Phoon! Will miss the power but the handling on these things is sweet.

Bring on the Mountune!

Old: BF MKII F6 #00390 in Breeze. Sunroof, 19" Dark Argent wheels, Reverse Sensors, Electric Pedals, Leather, FPV Mats... Ear to ear grin!!
GeeDubF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #73
ryu88
Starter Motor

Ended up going with nrma. 899 premium with 800 excess. Nearly all the other companies wouldn't give me a quote because it wasn't on their records yet.
Old 29-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #74
GeeDubF6

Had the same problem - hadn't heard of an ST. The guy said he could put it down as a Titanium with +30% and insure it for $27K until the list was updated. No thanks!

In the end he called it the Metal and got supervisor approval to insure it for the retail price i quoted. I need to call back next month and update the records...

Old: BF MKII F6 #00390 in Breeze. Sunroof, 19" Dark Argent wheels, Reverse Sensors, Electric Pedals, Leather, FPV Mats... Ear to ear grin!!
Old 29-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #75
ryu88
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeDubF6 View Post
Had the same problem - hadn't heard of an ST. The guy said he could put it down as a Titanium with +30% and insure it for $27K until the list was updated. No thanks!

In the end he called it the Metal and got supervisor approval to insure it for the retail price i quoted. I need to call back next month and update the records...
Yep that's what AAMI tried to do with me. Call it a metal and change the details later. But the quote from NRMA was better anyway..so I didn't take AAMI up on it.
Old 29-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #76
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Got the RACV policy on my Zetec updated to cover the ST and it went down (!) To $640.00 per year. $1K excess, no frills. I've got the house and the Mrs' car with them as well however. They had the Fez ST on their system.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #77
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeDubF6 View Post

Keep an eye on the online quoting system and as soon as the car appears, update your details.
Do not wait a month.
Simply the ST has a lot more standard features that are not in the Metals standard inclusions.
If the car is damaged the insurance company may be able to refuse to repair the inclusions that are not included in the standard listing. That's why they ask for any upgrades in the quoting process.
Good luck guys. I'm excited for you all.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #78
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Those of you who have one on order you will be smiling for a long time once you have your keys.
Friday all day we had a ST Fiesta, my review here.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11403892

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #79
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If people don't mind disclosing, how much are you paying for them?

I'm getting toey reading everyone's reviews of them (and of course having watched the youtube videos).

I think it might be time for me to move on from my 5...
Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #80
Pursya

Think 28,800 is the cheapest seen. And that was in Perth.
Very hard to get a deal in release week.
I would wait till January 2014 as the 2013 plate will bring a discount.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #81
ConST

$30700, including getting the wheels painted gloss black.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #82
cainen

$29,990 with tints and Euro Black plates in Sydney.
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #83
GeeDubF6

$30,218. This included a $440 surcharge for euro plates - thanks ACT Gov't!

I did squeeze a little more out of the trade however.

I heard 5 out of the 7 Canberra delivered cars were sold by day 1 (some pre-order) - no reason to start discounting them just yet...

Old 01-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #84
ConST

Agree with below. I tried to bargain. The dealer said "this is the only one we have for sale...the other one coming in will be registered for test drives....we ain't bargaining".
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #85
max.l
Starter Motor

Ordered mine!

Frozen White and Tints - $29,300.

They offered me $13k on my 2010 SP25 Luxury, will be selling it privately. I wasn't leaving the dealership without putting dollars on one. I couldn't put sentences together after my two test-drives.

Did an insurance quote: 23yo Male, Western Suburbs of Syd, no claims - ~$1100 thereabouts. Happy with that!
max.l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #86
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Thumbs up Re: st ordered

picked up mine saturday arvo ( molten orange) and have spent most of today giving a very light polish to remove any residual oils. silicones etc and then giving a coat of cquartz uk ceramic protection which has realy made the paint sing as not only does this stuff protect and make it much harder to scratch ( very important when you work in a dusty enviroment) but it also increases the gloss factor and gives the paint much more depth even tho it is only a couple of microns thick. i am also realy happy i provided to the dealer 2 sets of kingpin number plate holders and protectors for my plates (vic rego ford custom plates) so no holes in the middle of the rear plate, and last of all as everyone else who has driven one says these things are a hoot to drive and you get out grinning from ear to ear even tho i am still taking it easy until it is run in (just my personnel preferance, to keep under 4000 rpm for first 1500k and no full throttle) hope to post some pics soon
mrmavx
mrmavx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #87
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

I have just noticed a Fiesta ST listed on carsales (mobile app) for $26375 d/a.
Either that price is pretty sharp, or they have made an error of some kind?
The dealer No. on the ad is #2578 (Central Coast NSW).
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #88
WUB913

Sounds like somebody's going to lose there job at central coast ford
Old 02-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #89
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats called bait and switch...my old local ford dealer was a bandit for it.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #90
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
thats called bait and switch...my old local ford dealer was a bandit for it.
You may well be right there, but each online inquiry on the car will be a $40 hit
on the dealer from carsales.com !
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post