Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile WP Fiestas

i thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread on WP fiestas.

some WP's are hitting 6 years old (including mine) and i think it would be cool to share how your WP is going, what problems you have had, mods u may have done and anything else you can think of. to get the ball rolling....

2004 WP Fiesta Zetec. owned it for just over 4 months now and could not be happier. love the handling, love the engine, love the comfort (despite a slightly buckled rim).

problems, well it does hav a rattle or two inside, the gearbox can be a bit notchy (probably after doing 100,000km's) and at idle it sounds a bit like a diesel. would not trade it for anything in the world though

mods, well painted brake callipers and rear drums blue and bought kick/scuff plates (genuine) .

if money was no option i would definantly lower it a bit.

fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
zbeasty

Mine will be 6 years old in August and I'm the only owner. Only issue so far was the pedal box breaking which resulting in it having no clutch. Ford replaced it under warranty so all good. So far have done 83000 km with just regular servicing.

Mods: 18" rims, lowered 40mm, K&N pod filter, ST170 Focus front & rear brakes with EBC Red Stuff pads, 6cuft sub box with 2 x 15" MTX subs.

It will be sold some time in the next 12 months when I get a new car (New Golf R) so any other mods I had planned are on hold unless the wife tells me I can't get the new car. Now that my kids are getting older I need something a little bigger.
zbeasty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Fled74
The Thread Killa

This thread is useless without pics...

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fled, I'm nominating you for the 'Best DP EVER' award. Seriously that is cool! Best short movie ever?!

Funnily enough ZBeasty my old WP had the exact same problem? Apart from that problem free with the WP. Went like a dream, was rough around the edges but that's why I loved it. Bone jarring ride, sharp handling and plenty of poke.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

heres a pic of mine... after it was washed, at the moment its a complete and utter mess. cant be bothered cleaning it though haha

we were very happy with the condition we bought it in, for a car that has now done 100,000 kms it really hasnt got any problem just very minor stone chips which was expected anyway.

couldnt be happier!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (46.4 KB, 54 views)
Old 12-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
zbeasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
This thread is useless without pics...
Ok, here you go. The bottom shot is of the ST170 front's which even though they are 300mm still look tiny behind the 18's

Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even today, the WP Fiesta is an incredibly clean and sexy design. It's quite a striking design thanks to the very Germanic styling, yet it looks quite purposeful. Both of those WP models look fantastic guys. Both tip top condition, fiestaz I can't believe that has 100,000 clicks! Amazing. Here's a picture of my now sold WP Zetec.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #8
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Even today, the WP Fiesta is an incredibly clean and sexy design. It's quite a striking design thanks to the very Germanic styling, yet it looks quite purposeful. Both of those WP models look fantastic guys. Both tip top condition, fiestaz I can't believe that has 100,000 clicks! Amazing. Here's a picture of my now sold WP Zetec.

thanks, we couldnt believe it either!....

by the way absolutely love the body kit on your old WP
Old 12-02-2010, 11:56 PM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks mate. I got it with the car, but i did notice a few weeks back they had a kit on eBay that I don't believe sold. If you want, keep an eye out it could pop back on. It looks horn in real life. Depend what look you want, the WP is such a great looking subtle car some think the body kit makes it too heavy, but I like the look. Mind you I love simple WP Fiesta models too so they both work IMHO.
Old 13-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #10
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Thanks mate. I got it with the car, but i did notice a few weeks back they had a kit on eBay that I don't believe sold. If you want, keep an eye out it could pop back on. It looks horn in real life. Depend what look you want, the WP is such a great looking subtle car some think the body kit makes it too heavy, but I like the look. Mind you I love simple WP Fiesta models too so they both work IMHO.
yeh exactly, i wouldnt mind the kit, but yeh the standard look is excellent as well. personal choice i think... maybe one day when i have the time and money i'll look into it...
Old 13-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #11
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Nice pics everyone.
Zbeasty, those rims look awesome although I'd say they're a pain in the *** to clean.

Here's the detail sheet I used last Small Ford Sunday:

A couple of pics:

My wife somehow forgot to include the body kit when she ordered it.

It's fully paid up as of last September, so we'll be keeping it a while longer.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 13-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #12
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I knew I saw this somewhere!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Fiesta-3...2#ht_500wt_956

$650.00 is an absolute bargain! IIRC the original price was something like $1300 + fitting and paint. Worth a look if you want a similar look to my old 3-Door Zetec. Note, it will only fit WP 3-Door models.
Old 13-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #13
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Nice pics everyone.
Zbeasty, those rims look awesome although I'd say they're a pain in the *** to clean.

Here's the detail sheet I used last Small Ford Sunday:

A couple of pics:

My wife somehow forgot to include the body kit when she ordered it.

It's fully paid up as of last September, so we'll be keeping it a while longer.

my rims are a similar colour at the moment... lol

your fiesta is the most individual fiesta i have ever seen... really great work!
Old 14-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #14
Oscuro

2004 WP Ink Blue auto 75,000 kms

Repairs sofar:
Replaced leaking hose from coolant resevoir.
Replaced flimsy front spoiler staples with stronger screws.

Minor niggles.
Occasional interior rattle.

Normal Wear N Tear.
Replaced original Bridgestone Turanza ER30,s with 15 inch Kumho Ecsta Spt.

Mods.
Wanting to replace 15 inch steel wheels with 15 inch alloys, any suggestions?
Local T mart has Speedy Cobalt Machined 15 x 6. Do I need to stick to 6 inch rim width or can I go up to 6.5?

Overall impressions.
Noisy. 3 dr looks great from an angle . Frontal view looks stunted. Back view a bit boxy. Best looking light hatch along with Mazda 2 Neo. Ideal suburban car.
Oscuro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #15
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscuro
2004 WP Ink Blue auto 75,000 kms

Repairs sofar:
Replaced leaking hose from coolant resevoir.
Replaced flimsy front spoiler staples with stronger screws.

Minor niggles.
Occasional interior rattle.

Normal Wear N Tear.
Replaced original Bridgestone Turanza ER30,s with 15 inch Kumho Ecsta Spt.

Mods.
Wanting to replace 15 inch steel wheels with 15 inch alloys, any suggestions?
Local T mart has Speedy Cobalt Machined 15 x 6. Do I need to stick to 6 inch rim width or can I go up to 6.5?

Overall impressions.
Noisy. 3 dr looks great from an angle . Frontal view looks stunted. Back view a bit boxy. Best looking light hatch along with Mazda 2 Neo. Ideal suburban car.

looks good, and yeh definantly get 15inch or even 16inch alloys (mine are 16's)... much better than steels with hub caps.

how do you find the automatic? i hav a manual and am curious what the auto is like (although would never have an auto one lol)
Old 14-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #16
zbeasty

Quote:
Thanks. They're actually fairly easy to clean its just hard keeping them clean. Originally they didn't have clear coat but due to circumstances that were no fault of my own I've had 2 replaced (thank you RTA). Fortunately these do have clear coat so they're on the front. All I do is spray them with Mag Shine cleaner, use a sponge to rub it in then hose off. Even do inside the rim just to keep it looking good. I was considering getting them stripped and powdercoated but with it going some time this year I don't want to spend any more money on it.
Old 16-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #17
Oscuro

Fitted some scuff plates today bugger to fit for butter fingers like me.
Aluminium can scratch paint if not careful.

Old 16-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #18
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Fitted some scuff plates today bugger to fit for butter fingers like me.
Aluminium can scratch paint if not careful.

i got some of them recently... prone to finger prints and marks, but definantly worth it if kept neat and tidy... expensive though
Old 16-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #19
Oscuro

Yeah they are expensive in Australia. Online Ford shop in England is selling them for $50 but you have to pay $150 for the tracked and insured postage they use, not worth it. You got pics of your scuff plates? Should have fitted mine closer to edge.

Replaced original steel wheels with Speedy Cobalt alloys. Forget what you hear about alloys being lighter than steel and improving performance, fuel economy blah blah blah, these alloys at least are same weight as steel. T mart guy said only alloys which are lighter are racing alloys not suitable for street cars.

Old 17-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #20
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah they are expensive in Australia. Online Ford shop in England is selling them for $50 but you have to pay $150 for the tracked and insured postage they use, not worth it. You got pics of your scuff plates? Should have fitted mine closer to edge.

Replaced original steel wheels with Speedy Cobalt alloys. Forget what you hear about alloys being lighter than steel and improving performance, fuel economy blah blah blah, these alloys at least are same weight as steel. T mart guy said only alloys which are lighter are racing alloys not suitable for street cars.

wow those are really nice... they must improve the whole look of your car.
Old 18-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #21
Oscuro

Ordered one of these side stripe kits from England.
http://www.dmb.uk.com/Product/Ford-F...-Oval-Logo/515
Any pics of side stripes?
Old 18-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #22
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Here's my car before the novelty of racing stripes had worn off (taken at the Small Ford Alliance Reefton Run 2009).

Second photo taken at the start of the run by Glenn Tiedemann of the RS Owners Club of VIC (zoom blur effect added by me).

Old 18-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #23
Oscuro

Cool, thanks. I ordered Ford logo stripes in black, not sure how black is gonna look on Ink Blue car but will find out.
Old 19-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #24
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cool, thanks. I ordered Ford logo stripes in black, not sure how black is gonna look on Ink Blue car but will find out.
you will hav to upload pics once u get the stripes. the new rims, the strips will give it a great look...
Old 02-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #25
Oscuro

Got the side stripes from the UK in the mail today but having second thoughts about putting them on. How long before the vinyl starts to fade, crack etc? How easy is it to peel them off if needed? Im thinking they arent a good idea after all.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #26
Fled74
The Thread Killa

UK eBay sellers generally use 5-7 year vinyl. I had mine on for 2 years with no problems, and they came off easily with a hair dryer.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #27
Oscuro

Ordered metallic silver stripes instead of black stripes which didnt stand out against blue car.
Anyone know how to pop off WP wing mirror covers? Thinking of putting colour coded covers on from http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk/fie...or-covers.html
Old 10-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #28
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ordered metallic silver stripes instead of black stripes which didnt stand out against blue car.
Anyone know how to pop off WP wing mirror covers? Thinking of putting colour coded covers on from http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk/fie...or-covers.html
the silver stripes will look much better! good luck with them! post pics when u put them on
Old 16-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #29
Oscuro

Got the stripes applied by a signwriter who turned out to be an idiot . Right side of car is fair enough but stripes on left side go up at a noticeable angle : Now Ill have to order more stripes and get the angled ones taken off. Hope they are easy to remove. :
Old 17-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #30
zbeasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbeasty
Mine will be 6 years old in August and I'm the only owner. Only issue so far was the pedal box breaking which resulting in it having no clutch. Ford replaced it under warranty so all good. So far have done 83000 km with just regular servicing.

Mods: 18" rims, lowered 40mm, K&N pod filter, ST170 Focus front & rear brakes with EBC Red Stuff pads, 6cuft sub box with 2 x 15" MTX subs.

It will be sold some time in the next 12 months when I get a new car (New Golf R) so any other mods I had planned are on hold unless the wife tells me I can't get the new car. Now that my kids are getting older I need something a little bigger.
I had to go and open my big mouth. It was actually 93000km not 83000 but anyway on the way to work the other day I had a clutch issue. Now at the mechanics, gearbox out waiting for the new clutch to arrive. Factory Ford $1900 parts only Exceedy direct replacement $800 so the new owner when I sell it in a couple of months will have a just about brand new clutch. I'm also having all of the suspension bushes replaced at the same time as we noticed that they were all shagged. Putting in Polyflex from the UK so will let you know how it affects the handling.