Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #61
Barry_v
rocknrolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
I think there would be heaps of guys that could drive as good, if not better than BS if they had access to the same equipment and funding and could show their talents.
correct. others should have a crack (or just deal some).
Barry_v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #62
DECIM8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
i heard in Tassie at the V8's that he was behind bars - i think because he smacked someone or did something that went against bail conditions. Don't quote me, because it's probably just chinese whispers.......
Dont know if its true mate.....I did see him at the winternationals in a corporate tent with his family in toe.......
DECIM8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #63
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Trial date - don't get edgy yet, some serious crime remand times are running out to three years.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:39 AM   #64
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Any news?
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #65
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Is there any thing going on with this, or has this guy been smeared big time?? Seems really quiet. I am off for a google!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #66
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

from memory its due up this month some time
Old 16-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #67
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy
Any news?
From a Queensland news paper Courier Mail

State sells off drag racers

A COLLECTION of cars and motorbikes so powerful even their owner says they're dangerous is about to be put up for public sale by the State Government.

None is registered and some are up to 10 times more powerful than ordinary streets cars. All run on pure alcohol fuel.

The machines are being held as part of a $10 million proceeds of crime civil case – but they will be released to the general public because the Queensland Government doesn't have a place to keep them.

They are owned by former drag racing champion Brett Stevens and were seized last February when Stevens, 45, was arrested as part of Operation Golf Brazen.

The year-long Queensland police, Crime and Misconduct Commission and Australian Crime Commission campaign targeted drug crime and led to 77 arrests and 220 charges.

Stevens was charged with drug manufacturing and trafficking offences and a committal hearing in Brisbane Magistrates Court is set for Tuesday.

The cars look like production models – five are described as Ford Falcons – but produce up to 3000 horsepower.

The Public Trustee will now sell them and hold the money until the state's civil case against Stevens is resolved.

The body argued in court documents last year that there was no facility in southeast Queensland to properly store the vehicles and there was a risk that they would deteriorate in value.

Stevens himself did not oppose an application for their sale although he warned in an affidavit that it would be dangerous to sell them without explaining to a buyer how to operate them.

Last month Justice Byrne ordered the Public Trustee to sell the five cars, a "Burnout Ute", four bikes and one body shell, first removing all sponsor logos and other advertising.

Drag racing veteran Victor Bray said Stevens's cars were "top class" and the state should not have difficulty finding buyers.

"These cars are all still state of the art," he said.

Stevens has been advertising the cars for sale for several months on his website, at $250,000 each. Bray said this was "at the top of the market", noting that a brand new drag car could be bought in the US for about $215,000.

A spokesman for the Public Trustee said that it could not comment as the matter was before the courts. It usually sells the goods it seizes at auction.

The state has also frozen other assets owned by Stevens including several properties, shares in his racing, transport and employment companies and a fleet of trucks, utes and cars.

Under Queensland's tough proceeds of crime laws, the state can restrain property if there is reasonable suspicion of serious crime-related activity, even if there is no conviction. The onus is on the owner to show how the money used to buy it was obtained.

To back its civil claim, the state has alleged in the Supreme Court, based on wiretap and surveillance evidence and informants' testimony, that Stevens was involved in manufacturing and supplying drugs including cocaine, ecstasy and methylamphetamine.

It alleges he had access to at least one pill press between September 2007 and October 2008 and told a co-conspirator "that he could sell 20,000 pills per week and was getting between $8 and $9 per pill".

Stevens did not respond to calls seeking comment
link to article
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...34-952,00.html

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #68
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Thats crap if they can sell your property with no conviction let alone sell them before trial. Wonder how the government will spend their dirty money, watch for bonuses or pay rise in parliment next time they sit.
COUPE 72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2010, 12:37 PM   #69
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPE 72
Thats crap if they can sell your property with no conviction let alone sell them before trial. Wonder how the government will spend their dirty money, watch for bonuses or pay rise in parliment next time they sit.
He gets all proceeds if found not guilty and he didn't oppose the sale..

Old 17-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #70
Scott

Makes good sense for all concerned imo. My guess is the fact that the Govt is trying to maintain the value by converting it to cash suggests he is in for a very long and thorough rogering.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #71
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Wonder why he didnt appose the sale, the government wont get the true value of his assets at auction, if hes found not guilty or aquited would he be able to sue for their true or replacement value. He must be in some pretty deep crap.
Old 18-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #72
FORCEFED1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Makes good sense for all concerned imo. My guess is the fact that the Govt is trying to maintain the value by converting it to cash suggests he is in for a very long and thorough rogering.
They'll sell them for 1/3 their value and then sue for the difference, chances are he'll get the money if hes found not guilty as ive seen it happen on a number of occasions.
FORCEFED1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #73
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORCEFED1
They'll sell them for 1/3 their value and then sue for the difference, chances are he'll get the money if hes found not guilty as ive seen it happen on a number of occasions.
Why would they sue for the difference? The difference in what?
Old 18-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #74
46302ute
gunna get there

didnt oppose the sale.... if he gets off he will probably need the folding for the lawyer as they dont live in our world..

CARS..... 1972 XA GT Pepper Red Coupe RED.351 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/243992723478137/)
CARS..... 1973 XA GT Yellow glow sedan
CARS..... 1972 XA sedan
1969 F100 AMBO (must go)
1970 XW Station Wagon (sold)
1946 hot rod UTE
1989 MAVERICK WAGON (mine)
1990 MAVERICK WAGON (hers now sold)
Currently drive a FG xr6 and Mrs has a BF xr6 ute
46302ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #75
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Well, if they sold your pride and joy, say a gt xa coupe worth $80,000 for $20,000, theres no way youll ever replace it for twenty so youll have to sue the gov for the rest and if you dont win youll loose even more in court costs. In his case it will cost alot more to build new cars to race again and all the parts etc than keeping his existing stock. Maybe he is confident he'll get off and do the government for more money than their worth and not have to go through the pain of selling them himself. Big risk though i think.
Old 18-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #76
Scott

No, I think everyone involved knows how long these will sit around depreciating and they want to lock in some value.
Old 18-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #77
FORCEFED1

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPE 72
Well, if they sold your pride and joy, say a gt xa coupe worth $80,000 for $20,000, theres no way youll ever replace it for twenty so youll have to sue the gov for the rest and if you dont win youll loose even more in court costs. In his case it will cost alot more to build new cars to race again and all the parts etc than keeping his existing stock. Maybe he is confident he'll get off and do the government for more money than their worth and not have to go through the pain of selling them himself. Big risk though i think.
Bingo, usually the crime commision is easy to get rid of. A big fat cheque is all they want.
FORCEFED1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #78
COUPE 72
coupe 72

In that case he'd be better off having someone sell them in trust appointed by the court if needed to get their true value then have the money held to the end of the court case. The gov will sellit for what ever it can get regardless of its worth.
Old 14-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #79
351capri
windsorman

seems he was secretly recorded as saying he could " sell 20,000 pills @ $8-$9 each". thats pretty damning evidence. somehow i dont think he'll be getting out of this to easy.
Old 14-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #80
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351capri
seems he was secretly recorded as saying he could " sell 20,000 pills @ $8-$9 each". thats pretty damning evidence. somehow i dont think he'll be getting out of this to easy.
Saying something like that doesnt mean squat, nor is it evidence.
Some of the things I've said, taking into account where i work and what i do for a living, would land me in jail for 20 year if such things could be considered evidence.

Saying something and actually doing something are 2 different things.

I still think he's going away for a long time anyway.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #81
supakel351

any update?
supakel351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #82
zx10

Was talking to some guys at the drags last night who say that Brett is a free man?

Lack of evidence and they also said that he got all of his vehicles back.

AU3 XR8 sedan - Manual, Leather, Momo wheel/gear knob
zx10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #83
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

He was intending of selling off his cars anyway wasn't he?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #84
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Stumbled across the race cars, now listed on the public trustee website. Seems the auction is going ahead on June 10.
Envi XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 12:35 AM   #85
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Instead of making a new thread, anyone up for a doorslammer, funnycar or top bike?

http://www.pt.qld.gov.au/Auction---S...-Auctions.aspx

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #86
SpoolMan

All being Auctioned on my birthday....there will be at bargain prices for those that can afford or want one.

Old 26-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #87
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

you might get a top fuel bike for your birthday if you ask nice :

Blue Power Racing Developments
(03) 93053000
Ray Prescott Auto
(02) 49902488
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #88
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSH
you might get a top fuel bike for your birthday if you ask nice :
All we need then is some nutter to ride it....

Old 26-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #89
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
All we need then is some nutter to ride it....
What Mauze retired has he

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #90
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
What Mauze retired has he
Eats to much Macca's..... :