Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #31
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

This is seriously sad to see.

For those who get their jollies attacking other people let me remind you that we will not tolerate this here. If you want to do that then I am sure your presence would be welcomed elsewhere.

Likewise, those who wish to believe that our friend sundeep has been victimised; please be my guest and join him at his new home. Those who are interested in the truth can PM me for a transcript of the exchanges between us.

It is exactly these little cliques that have long created problems within the e-series area and I note that some of the clique members are still here attempting to create disharmony - I will exercise my right to remove those I see doing so: you are warned.
This thread is being removed to the e-series area where the petty squabbling isn't on public view.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #32
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Quite frankly its none of your business what she does or doesn't do.

Still doesn't make sense why some in this thread stir things up, you want to be members of both sites fine, but dont come here preaching your innocence and going on how the sites unfair.

And I thought all of this was talked and argued about weeks ago.
None of my business? As far as i knew she was out of the club. I now noticed that she was 1 of 3 moderators for the eseries forum, and its none of my business? Ive been in eseries for long enough to know what is going on where the forum/club has gone and where it is going. I never complained about it, i simply asked a reasonabl question. I never said anythign was unfair. Get off your high horse weirdo.
Old 24-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #33
holmsy
Banned

whats with this crap. how about everyone gets off their high horses. if you want the forums to pick back up then we need to stop these bitching threads.

personally iv seen a few clubs and forums go down the path the eseries forums have taken lately. and sadly none of those are still around today.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #34
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am all for a discussion of values and personal ideas. All I ask is that we keep name calling and mud slinging out of what can be a productive discussion.
MotherNature is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #35
Gunns
Banned

The eseries club is a proud club and it is a shame that older member that were with the club from the earily days have moved on to other forums and that there are lots of differing opinons as to who what and how it all happened.
People do not like to be muted for the sake of sponsor and AFF admin I am sure relised this would happen when they decided to take sponsors onboard.

Eseries member got p!$$ed for the point that the same topics were coming up over and over again. People were not using the search button before they hit the key board and typed out the same dribble again.

The BS dribble that was coming out of some member mouths was a huge problem. ie. someone posted up about building a TT bigblock V8, members took him down a few pegs and got banded.
The club wants peoplethat do things, not gonna's.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 01:20 PM   #36
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

In answer to the question posed by Stevo, let me explain.

The AFF admin team made the decision to remove two of the former moderators of this area based on our view that their continued involvement here at that level was inconsistent with the level of involvement at the new forum. This is not a reflection on them as individuals as has been explained to them but simply a decision we believed to be in the best interests of this forum.

We called for recommendations for suitable replacements and the two new appointees were amongst the three who were highly recommended and endorsed by the AFF admin team and the remaining e-Series mod.

The attempts to undermine one of those appointments are disappointing but perhaps no less than we should expect from those with their own agendas to push. We discussed the issues raised (along with others) with the individual concerned prior to the appointment being made and she is satisfied that the changes we are proposing to make will ensure a more stable future.

These changes will become more apparent over the next week and I will shortly be making an announcement advising the members here what it is that we propose to do. There will be ample opportunity for everyone to comment on the merits of those changes prior to their implementation.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 24-07-2007, 01:20 PM   #37
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
I am all for a discussion of values and personal ideas. All I ask is that we keep name calling and mud slinging out of what can be a productive discussion.
Not once have I ever made a personal attack, so I dont know where it all comes from. If someone has an issue then PM. Although it seems sticking has a group and having a crack is easier.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #38
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN
Well I would like to put this question to you.

You publically declared your hatred of the E-Series club as a whole back in January - and now you're blaming it on certain members?

Can I ask why?

EDIT Russ has answered the question. Fair enough. But even then, MN shouldn't have been considered a suitable replacement because of her previous comments towards the club.

Maybe a vote?
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #39
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
The BS dribble that was coming out of some member mouths was a huge problem. ie. someone posted up about building a TT bigblock V8, members took him down a few pegs and got banded.
The club wants peoplethat do things, not gonna's.
I see what you mean, and agree, but, AFAIK that issue is where it all started.

So if that member wasn't going to listen to people helping him, giving advice etc then just let it go. What seemed to happen is people had a crack, then he did back, then someone gets banned and then it snowballed.

I could be wrong, feel free to ad another side of the story.

edit: RE "the gonna's". What ticks me off the most about that, and this is not just an e series thing, is that at the end of the day it all comes down to $$$ and commitment.

Some people just dont see the point in wasting cash on a car that by market forces is near worthless. On the other hand, its peoples passion so naturally they will defend their decisions.

But for people who have done say a turbo installation to look down, or knock others who might have only done rims or an exhaust is not on.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #40
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
We called for recommendations for suitable replacements and the two new appointees were amongst the three who were highly recommended and endorsed by the AFF admin team and the remaining e-Series mod.
Who are the e-series Mods now?

LTDHO and I have had run ins before he was a Mod and now that he is he hasn't let the power go to his head, very fair IMO........ thought I was going to get reemed by him..........lol

But yeah who are the e-series Mods now?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #41
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I never stated a hatred for the club as a whole. In my explaination I do recall stating that it was because of a few members not showing appropriate behaviour and downgrading the club due to their actions and the backing up from some other members that I felt I was unable to continue with the club.

Now that those people have found other avenues to persue I am glad to be back here and a very proud E Series member.

In all honesty I never removed the stickers, I have also kept in contact with other E Series members constantly and kept an eye on the forums as I found I couldnt keep away as I know this club has the potential to be the best car club with the right direction.
Old 24-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #42
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The current mods are LTDHO, snypereb, and myself. Moderators in any forum can be found at the bottom right hand corner of the page
Old 24-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #43
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

im a newish member so my say doesnt go very far.
however....

personal attacks by people in the know against people who dont know should not stand. so good on the admins for doing what needs to be done.

as for newbies posting same posts over and over...maybe they couldnt find an answer....maybe they thought the answer would have changed as peoples know how changed....or maybe they just needed help asap...at the end of the day it doesnt matter...how about just be helpful even if you re-post your post again!

as for people leaving the club. i guess they have their reasons. its a shame but if thats what they want to do. they have the right to do it.

the forum has been real quiet and empty lately.....how about we start filling it....everybody tell your friends who own a falcon to get on here and share some wisdom with others.

brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #44
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
Well I would like to put this question to you.

You publically declared your hatred of the E-Series club as a whole back in January - and now you're blaming it on certain members?

Can I ask why?

EDIT Russ has answered the question. Fair enough. But even then, MN shouldn't have been considered a suitable replacement because of her previous comments towards the club.

Maybe a vote?
Thanks for your input but there will not be a vote on this issue. We have always maintained the right to select mods for AFF and as the recommendation was endorsed by the sole surviving mod it is good enough for me.

Would you suggest that the previous comments made were unjustified given the events that caused them? Or perhaps you endorse the incidents?
I would have thought that as a former moderator of this area you would well understand that any attempt to clean up some of these past issues is a positive thing but instead you simply want to attack someone who chose to stand by their principles.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 24-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #45
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
The current mods are LTDHO, snypereb, and myself.
Bugger............. LTDHO and snpereb are like brothers......... lol

How do you fit in, how are you related to them?

Live in the same house, went to school with them, have the same parents, girl friend?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #46
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI

Live in the same house, went to school with them, have the same parents, girl friend?

LOL no relationship there at all ... in fact I live in NSW ... so no house buddies either ;)

I had been a member of E Series for many years and still kept in touch. I have been a member of AFF since way before it was A..FF
Old 24-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #47
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI

bawhaaaa thats funny as!
Old 24-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #48
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
LOL no relationship there at all ... in fact I live in NSW ... so no house buddies either ;)

I had been a member of E Series for many years and still kept in touch. I have been a member of AFF since way before it was A..FF
It just goes to show how the E-Series section has been mostly controlled by the higher-ups who have no input/association with the Club itself.

Whilst I am not personally having a go at you MN, it just seems trivial that (at the time) an ex-member like yourself who publicly left is now a moderator/admin when you stopped participating in the Club. There were/are plenty of long-serving, respectable E-Series members who I believe had the right to such a position - or at the minimum, a say into it.

Now it's just close buddies suddenly having important roles into a big 'Club'.

Each to their own. It's just a shame it had to come to this.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #49
efgiar
rofl copter

i aggree with xrated, why dont the longer serving e-series members be in line next so long as they are suited to the position and as long as they want it.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #50
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As stated i my post #43 I never left myself out of the loop. In fact I have been involved in MSN discussions with board members and Mods both recently and in the past over various matters to do with the club.

I didnt ask for the position but was offered it after consultation was made with the other E Series Mod.

I personally think it is a shame that it came to this as well but as with anything in life, things dont always stay the same.

Lets all agree to keep the best interest of the club above all of the petty bickering ;)
Old 24-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #51
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
It just goes to show how the E-Series section has been mostly controlled by the higher-ups who have no input/association with the Club itself.

Whilst I am not personally having a go at you MN, it just seems trivial that (at the time) an ex-member like yourself who publicly left is now a moderator/admin when you stopped participating in the Club. There were/are plenty of long-serving, respectable E-Series members who I believe had the right to such a position - or at the minimum, a say into it.

I think you're confusing the moderation of these forums with the Board members, Lukent ;) The Board still governs the E-Series Owners Club and club discussion/activities are still driven by prominent club members. These forums are part of AFF, and are subject to AFF moderation, hence AFF-appointed/approved moderators.

Due to the variety of relationships between prominent club members and these forums, club forum discussion itself is split between here and eafalcon-dot-com, hence the drop in traffic in this section lately. Not that eafalcon-dot-com is to be viewed purely as "E-Series Owners Club MkII/Relocated", it is a mix of e-series and non-e-series members & discussions.

So eafalcon-dot-com and the E-Series Owners Club can be viewed as two separate entities, but there are many members (inc myself) who affiliate with both.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #52
XRated
Shoot.

So I guess those of us who have had constant input to the E-Series forums, attended cruises, get-togethers, dyno days, oh and spoke to mods on MSN regularly don't qualify?

What about the members? One would think it'd be a Club's best interest to let the members have a say or the right to vote...

Daveflange, it's all relevant and has filtered right across the Club on all levels.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #53
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:

An interesting observation.
I note that the last E-Series Board voting received almost no votes despite everyone claiming to want input but that's a story for another day.

In terms of the selection process, we had 5 nominations in total and selected 3, one of whom did not have sufficient time available but all of whom have been long standing e-series members, MN included. We are looking at our options to fill the remaining vacancy at present.

Perhaps the next time an opportunity is presented (as will happen shortly) for all the eseries people to have input into the future of this area we might get some this time.

Finally let me make it clear that I am sick of having to defend my reasons for getting involved as the so called "higher ups who have no input or involvement" - the facts of the matter are quite different but we shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Russ

PS: Length of membership is not, and will never be, a criteria for choosing suitable mods and allowing any sub group to choose their own by vote turns it into a popularity contest which it isn't. With all the lcubs we take their nominations for these roles but maintain the right to veto those choices. No system is flawless when it comes to making these decisions but we have chosen one that seems to work. The actual decisions that impact on the club side are made by your own elected Board and that is the appropriate place for members to have input.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 24-07-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 24-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #54
Gunns
Banned

It is sad to see please who help bring this club to prominece ie. Sunny, on the outer, as well as people who inspired us to boost ie. Dansedgli, and Sphell who were in my opinion shafted by the system. Some of us date back to the FF.com days and some further back to i8, and i am friends with most of these people who helped build the club and helped endless amounts of other members with there cars. These are the sort of people who should have been consulted and worked with to move these forums forward IMO, as it now stands to loose a wealth of knowledge.
Old 24-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #55
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
It is sad to see please who help bring this club to prominece ie. Sunny, on the outer, as well as people who inspired us to boost ie. Dansedgli, and Sphell who were in my opinion shafted by the system. Some of us date back to the FF.com days and some further back to i8, and i am friends with most of these people who helped build the club and helped endless amounts of other members with there cars. These are the sort of people who should have been consulted and worked with to move these forums forward IMO, as it now stands to loose a wealth of knowledge.
Yeap thats true, but, you cant let people do what they want just because they have been around for x amount of time. That was the problem.

What makes it worse is that the attacks etc where over such trivial things most of the time.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #56
alleyezonme
Banned

i dont know the ins and outs of what has/is going on and i dont want to know. i just think there is much more in life than all the petty bickering and ing etc going on and if ppl have a problem with a certain thread simple solutions is to not go into that thread. ppl need to stop taking all this so much to heart and realise there are much more important things that could be worried about and realise this isnt the only thing in there lives going on. i know ppl wont like post but i figure everyone else is expressing ther opinions so i may as well too.
alleyezonme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #57
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyezonme
i dont know the ins and outs of what has/is going on and i dont want to know. i just think there is much more in life than all the petty bickering and ing etc going on and if ppl have a problem with a certain thread simple solutions is to not go into that thread. ppl need to stop taking all this so much to heart and realise there are much more important things that could be worried about and realise this isnt the only thing in there lives going on. i know ppl wont like post but i figure everyone else is expressing ther opinions so i may as well too.
No thats pretty much spot on.

Just about every issue on any forum would never happen if people just choose not to post. Not saying that I dont do it now and then, but there is a line.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #58
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Daveflange, it's all relevant and has filtered right across the Club on all levels.
To put it another way:

AFF-appointed/approved moderators can moderate this section all they like, it's their right since it's their forum.

IF the E-Series Owners Club were to relocate exclusively to eafalcon-dot-com(this censorship of the url sucks), www.deleted link/forums (made-up URL), or morph/evolve into something new away from AFF, then the E-Series members can follow where its club goes.

If that happens, AFF has no need for the deleted link sub-forums (General, Workshop Builds, Tech, and Events). General and Tech stuff can be deleted or moved to the Contemporary, Post Classic, Transmission/Final Drive, Ford Six, Windsor, ECU, etc sections. Workshop Builds can be deleted or moved to the Project Cars section. Events (past & upcoming) can be deleted or moved to the VIC/TAS, QLD, etc. sections.

If AFF keep the deleted link sub-forums after the hypothetical occurrance of the club moving away from these forums, they'll be the same as the ff.com E-Series section: quiet, and most threads based on "help! my car won't start!" topics. And they'll be superfluous due to the aforementioned alternative sub-forums based here on AFF.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #59
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Yeap thats true, but, you cant let people do what they want just because they have been around for x amount of time. That was the problem.
That is not what I said, I say they should have been consulted as to how to move the forums forward, and what they would like to see happen..
Old 24-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #60
Eb Barbie
Banned

Quote:

I agree. Was there any voting pole as to who was in line to be an e-series mod? There are many people who have been here for just as long, if not longer. (Me not being one of them obviously) Each to their own everyone can make their own decision and if anyone wants to be a part of eafalcon-dot-com aswell as AFF then let them be
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post