Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 17-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
TRRTRY

Smile Eb Ss Falcon

Does anyone know if any of the EB SS I6 Falcons specifically built for Production car racing, still exist??

From memory i think only a handful were made but i think they had to be specified as full production models, and i think there is a bit of literature about them in workshop manuals, handbooks etc

Anyone remember the full specs?, i do recall them having a FALCON SS badge on the rear garnish - looked out of place while V8 SS Commodores were roaming the streets.

TRRTRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
bentles
Banned

yeh i remember seeing the garnish however i cannot remember who made them or why the were made
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #3
Dezza
Parts bin special

There was one that appeared in Performance Ford Magazine a year or 2 ago. It was a red one, where they also colour coded the wheels. Looked a bit too red for my liking.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2007, 10:53 PM   #4
TRRTRY

It was a project ford was involved with when production car 'Group E' was in it's hey day - they produced (homolagted) a 'special' EB Falcon S - called FALCON SS.

Holden also released a SS V6 at the same time for the same reason but without any engine performance upgrade, suspension & driveline only

It was in Motor, Wheels etc but not realy available to the public, all vehicles were to be destined for Prod car racing but i think a couple may have escaped that fate.

It would be intersting to know if any still exist as this was a super rare model - although maybe not desireable - i think only about a dozen were produced. I'm pretty sure it was a lighter car, better suspension set up aswell as engine mods.

If someone has an old mag or something it would be an interesting read to refresh the memory.

Cheers
Old 17-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #5
smally289
growing up is optional

I was working at a metro Ford dealer in Adelaide when these came out. I remember seeing some info come thru the sales and service dept's but never saw one in the flesh other than at Mallala.
This info may help you
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2007, 11:16 PM   #6
TRRTRY

Thanks for that post - i wasn't far off.

So the question begs:

Does anyone have/or had one?
Old 10-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #7
Qwik6
Unsafe @ any Speed

Default Re: Eb Ss Falcon

I dug deep for this thread mine lol.

Does anyone have any pics of an SS apart from the Red supercharged one in a magazine?

By HEINRICH PERFORMANCE & TUNING

E Series Falcon Image Museum on FB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-Ser...29864000453208
Qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #8
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Default Re: Eb Ss Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwik6 View Post
I dug deep for this thread mine lol.

Does anyone have any pics of an SS apart from the Red supercharged one in a magazine?
There was an in depth article in Australian Muscle Car Magazine a little while ago, I'll see if I can dig it up.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post