Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #31
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

The XR6 Cam with a unichip or edit isn't a bad choice for a street auto car at all.
lots of mid range easy driving and yes i have seen them pull mid 140rwkw with good exhaust mods. the XR6 cam on its own just swapped for a stock cam is a bit ordinary worse idle not much more power. Fo a stock ecu car with decent extarctors and exhaust the dev3hl is a good look and it worked for me. As a rough rule of thumb for a falcon six you will have or should have 105rwkw extractors and exhaust will lift that to 115rwkw and most decent cams and I would say Joe at Crescent in Liverpool Sydney CMS stage 2 or Jim Mocks dev3HL are decent and will give 135rwkw or anither 20 WITH stock ecu! Unichip or edit add 10rwkw!
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #32
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Joe at Crescent motorsports is a good choice for sure.Top bloke to deal with too.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #33
fish
Starter Motor

does Crescent motorsports have a web page? would like to have a look try and get more details. may have to call jim mock and ask as well.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #34
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
The XR6 Cam with a unichip or edit isn't a bad choice for a street auto car at all.
Auto? It is just me, or does nearly every thread regarding an AU seem to end up being steered into specifics about autos. Even the mph thread in the drag racing section, started by a guy with a manual, ended up this way. Except that you guys lose a bit in the driveline, it's not really that important because we're talking about engines mods...

:
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #35
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish
does Crescent motorsports have a web page? would like to have a look try and get more details. may have to call jim mock and ask as well.
Not yet. There was meant to be one in the works but Joe has his hands full. Best to call him.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #36
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
Auto? It is just me, or does nearly every thread regarding an AU seem to end up being steered into specifics about autos. Even the mph thread in the drag racing section, started by a guy with a manual, ended up this way. Except that you guys lose a bit in the driveline, it's not really that important because we're talking about engines mods...

:
you MUST have a manual eh!
Old 24-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #37
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Trans type is a critical factor in cam choice! I think its worth mentioning so i did.
Old 24-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #38
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

My sig says I do.
Old 24-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #39
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I'll stick to the theory that without headwork, the dollars you could spend on cams are better spent elsewhere, especially if you have an XR6. Terry's 14.3 (his is an auto...) on dunlop sp 3000's is good proof of that too. Both of us have 95+ mph traps showing good power with stock bits.
Old 24-06-2006, 02:31 PM   #40
fish
Starter Motor

i wish i was not so lazy i got a Auto, driving in the city with a manaul is just a pain.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #41
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'd give jmm a call there gears expensive ,but it works .i installed one of there streetfighter cams in my au with the usual intake/exhaust mods and it made 140rwk and 159 after fitting a unichip .
also theres a guy rpd cams he's got some good stuff also .shop around there's alot of gear out there now for the i6
FS5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 09:03 AM   #42
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

The stall converter is a key issue when it comes to cams ... with a manual .. you can stall a car up nicely to launch ... but it you want that power/torque down low when launching an auto ... cam profile needs to be different from a manual ... also the dialling-in of the cam plays a massive part on where you want your torque to be within your rev-range.

Stallies also robs some power on dynos as well ... I think the larger the stallie ... the more power is robbed ... but all in all ... it comes down to on-road/track performance ... not really the rollers (whch should only be used as a tuning tool).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 11:21 PM   #43
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
I'll stick to the theory that without headwork, the dollars you could spend on cams are better spent elsewhere, especially if you have an XR6. Terry's 14.3 (his is an auto...) on dunlop sp 3000's is good proof of that too. Both of us have 95+ mph traps showing good power with stock bits.
Deathxr did he have his tyre pressures down? I had the same tyres and they fried like eggs with standard pressure.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post