Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-01-2017, 08:45 PM   #5221
Claude Stander
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi All. I am in South Africa. I have a 97 Fairmont with 415 k on the clock. The auto box runs fine when cool and normal. All of a sudden the engine revs spin up and I have no gears. At times it is as if the box resets to 2nd gear and gets traction with a lot of squealing in the box.
Sometimes by selecting 3rd gear I can get to my destination without too much spinning up of engine revs.
If the vehicle has been standing for a while I get in and drive with no problem.
I suspect it is temperature related, as the problem is more prevalent in town/short distance driving.
I replaced the filter and oil, and still have the same problem.
Does anybody have any idea what it could be? I was told that one or more of the valve body seals may be blown/ cracked.
I can get a service kit at what the car is worth, but to replace what I have is going to astronomically expensive, so at this stage I am seriously considering repairing the box.
Does anybody have a parts manual to strip and repair the box?
Any advice would be appreciated, as I can't seem to get any assurance that the repairs will be successful.
I have a 1929 Model A that is so much easier to work on and am in the process of restoring a 1057 Austin Healy 100/6, so i have reasonably good mechanical skills.
Look forward advice.
Regards
Claude
Claude Stander is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #5222
Monti
Starter Motor

I am back guys
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #5223
jasohanra
Starter Motor

Hey guys, I'm new here, I have 1999 AU forte, I've spent a lot of my time on this car putting series 111 interior in it. I want to put a series 111 engine and box in it, it's a green top engine but I won't be running it on gas it will be on unleaded. Never done this before any advice anyone could give me before I go ahead with it.
jasohanra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2017, 07:07 PM   #5224
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasohanra View Post
Hey guys, I'm new here, I have 1999 AU forte, I've spent a lot of my time on this car putting series 111 interior in it. I want to put a series 111 engine and box in it, it's a green top engine but I won't be running it on gas it will be on unleaded. Never done this before any advice anyone could give me before I go ahead with it.
Another AU Tragic!

Start searching the forum, I'm sure you will find something of interest.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2017, 07:12 PM   #5225
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude Stander View Post
Hi All. I am in South Africa. I have a 97 Fairmont with 415 k on the clock. The auto box runs fine when cool and normal. All of a sudden the engine revs spin up and I have no gears. At times it is as if the box resets to 2nd gear and gets traction with a lot of squealing in the box.
Sometimes by selecting 3rd gear I can get to my destination without too much spinning up of engine revs.
If the vehicle has been standing for a while I get in and drive with no problem.
I suspect it is temperature related, as the problem is more prevalent in town/short distance driving.
I replaced the filter and oil, and still have the same problem.
Does anybody have any idea what it could be? I was told that one or more of the valve body seals may be blown/ cracked.
I can get a service kit at what the car is worth, but to replace what I have is going to astronomically expensive, so at this stage I am seriously considering repairing the box.
Does anybody have a parts manual to strip and repair the box?
Any advice would be appreciated, as I can't seem to get any assurance that the repairs will be successful.
I have a 1929 Model A that is so much easier to work on and am in the process of restoring a 1057 Austin Healy 100/6, so i have reasonably good mechanical skills.
Look forward advice.
Regards
Claude
Well it sounds to be that your car is ******.

But what do I know.

Try posting in the proper threads and someone will be able to help you.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #5226
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952 View Post
Hi, I have just rejoined and am in need of advice. My 1999 LTD is making some terrible engine noises and the mechanic says it is the main engine bearing. I would like to keep the vehicle but it may be too late. I have already replace one motor this year and am worried about spending and getting another dud. I live on the NSW Central Coast.
This is the g'day thread, you know, where you say g'day and tell us a little about yourself.

Plenty of information here about AU Falcons, Fairlanes and LTDs. Check out some of the threads and ask a question in the proper place. Also mention whether it is a V8 or 6 and if your last engine was from a wrecker or rebuilt. Also mention how many kilometres the car done and what sort of condition it is in.

Last edited by russellw; 12-01-2017 at 07:52 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #5227
Green_Arrow
Starter Motor

Hi All,
My name is Jim, and I have recently acquired a 1996 Ford Futura EF

Thanks for having me.
Green_Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2017, 06:14 PM   #5228
Zarne77
Starter Motor

Hi everyone. I am currently driving from perth to brisbane in our 06 petrol territory and my computer is saying i only have half a tank after i fill up and is cutting out when the ks get to 0. I thought it might be using excess fuel but when i fill up i can only get 38 ltrs into it? Has anyone ever had this problem and is it expensive to fix?
Zarne77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2017, 06:28 PM   #5229
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarne77 View Post
Hi everyone. I am currently driving from perth to brisbane in our 06 petrol territory and my computer is saying i only have half a tank after i fill up and is cutting out when the ks get to 0. I thought it might be using excess fuel but when i fill up i can only get 38 ltrs into it? Has anyone ever had this problem and is it expensive to fix?
Post the question in the Terry section. http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=387

It seems that a few members have had something similar happen............
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11459297
Old 17-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #5230
Wazagt
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi All,

My names Warren

I have a deposit on a mustang GT, wanted to wait until the facelift was posted before they put the order through . . .now I just don't know. 10spd auto would be great but think they have killed the styling a bit
Wazagt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2017, 09:40 PM   #5231
Ba04 xr6t
Starter Motor

Hello peeps im dan
I have a 04 ba xr6 turbo 130ks
Sct3 flash tuner running 8psi
Last cupple of days my boost been playing up
Checked for leaks did ,boost solenoid service
Still the same think it could be my( stock actuator)
Would slow boost to 7psi and drop to 5psi sometimes or would slow boost to 6-7psi
And other times it would work fine and boost how it should 8psi hard, could anyone help me out is it my actuator
Ba04 xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2017, 11:53 AM   #5232
matthew567
Starter Motor

Hi All,
I've got a BAII Fairmont Ghia with about 215,000 on the clock that I absolutely love!
matthew567 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #5233
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazagt View Post
Hi All,

My names Warren

I have a deposit on a mustang GT, wanted to wait until the facelift was posted before they put the order through . . .now I just don't know. 10spd auto would be great but think they have killed the styling a bit
Welcome mate

I think after the initial flush Mustang sales will tank.

Especially with competition like this:

Old 23-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #5234
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba04 xr6t View Post
Hello peeps im dan
I have a 04 ba xr6 turbo 130ks
Sct3 flash tuner running 8psi
Last cupple of days my boost been playing up
Checked for leaks did ,boost solenoid service
Still the same think it could be my( stock actuator)
Would slow boost to 7psi and drop to 5psi sometimes or would slow boost to 6-7psi
And other times it would work fine and boost how it should 8psi hard, could anyone help me out is it my actuator
Hi mate

Plenty to help you here but you need to find the right area to ask a question. Start having a look around the site and you will find plenty of people to help.
Old 23-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #5235
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew567 View Post
Hi All,
I've got a BAII Fairmont Ghia with about 215,000 on the clock that I absolutely love!
You obviously haven't driven an AU Fairmont Ghia
3 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2017, 09:08 AM   #5236
Broril
Starter Motor

Hi All
My names Richard, I have recently purchased a 73 Landua hardtop and have started a complete resto.
Have previously owned a 59 Mkii Ford Zephyr, a 74 XB John Goss, a 70 ZC Fairlane and XE wagon. Like many of us I wish I hadn't of sold them back in the 90s and early 2000,s.
This is my first attempt at a full resto (especially body work) so I will certainly be using the forum for some advise.
Broril is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2017, 02:36 PM   #5237
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broril View Post
Hi All
My names Richard, I have recently purchased a 73 Landua hardtop and have started a complete resto.
Have previously owned a 59 Mkii Ford Zephyr, a 74 XB John Goss, a 70 ZC Fairlane and XE wagon. Like many of us I wish I hadn't of sold them back in the 90s and early 2000,s.
This is my first attempt at a full resto (especially body work) so I will certainly be using the forum for some advise.
Hi mate

Not many of us would have owned a Zephyr, you must be really old.

I was a big fan of the Zodiac but could never afford one.

Plenty of resto information here for you
Old 30-01-2017, 02:47 PM   #5238
grumbo
Starter Motor

Hi All I learn t to drive in a 1958 New Look Ford Prefect back in the 60's--even though it had a puny side valve engine it could certainly oversteer--probably the cheese cutter tyres of the day. My current daily is a AU 2 SR which has done over 360K and I decided to give it a present and fitted a low K engine and auto. Now to enjoy the next 100K K's.
Cheers grumbo
grumbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2017, 08:38 AM   #5239
scoona
Starter Motor

Hi guys, new to this site 50 years old and have only owned and driven Fords?
First car was a brand new efi xf spack, had an Ea fairmont Ghia wagon, Ef fairmont wagon and the latest is a 2012 Mars Red Falcon Xr6. Hoping to get a some info on a few things with all the knowledge in this group?
Thanks Mike
scoona is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #5240
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbo View Post
Hi All I learn t to drive in a 1958 New Look Ford Prefect back in the 60's--even though it had a puny side valve engine it could certainly oversteer--probably the cheese cutter tyres of the day. My current daily is a AU 2 SR which has done over 360K and I decided to give it a present and fitted a low K engine and auto. Now to enjoy the next 100K K's.
Cheers grumbo
Lotsa AU tragics here.

Make sure you post some pics in the AU section

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=73
Old 05-02-2017, 09:56 AM   #5241
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoona View Post
Hi guys, new to this site 50 years old and have only owned and driven Fords?
First car was a brand new efi xf spack, had an Ea fairmont Ghia wagon, Ef fairmont wagon and the latest is a 2012 Mars Red Falcon Xr6. Hoping to get a some info on a few things with all the knowledge in this group?
Thanks Mike
Welcome Mike
Old 10-02-2017, 05:51 PM   #5242
vicval

Default Introducing Simone

Hi everyone, I'm a proud new caretaker of 'Simone', 76 XL500 Fairlane. She's 99.9% complete, original except for wheels and pump shocks. It has rust in floor pans. As far as I can tell, after an hour on my back and with my head in impossible places, intact just about everywhere else. I plan to do a sympathetic restoration with a start on the brakes and floor.

I understand there are many interchangeable parts with mustangs, and local falcons and fairlanes. Of course my quest is to source cheap (not nasty) and local parts where possible. And where not possible, to source them from the states. I'd welcome guidance as far as the repairs go, as well as pointing me in the right direction toward parts sources. I know about Dearborn and they look like a very efficient parts dealer.

I'm happy to be part of the Ford forums. If anyone is interested, I'm happy to start a thread documenting the resto process with pics.

Regards, Vic

Last edited by vicval; 22-01-2018 at 08:14 PM.
vicval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-02-2017, 12:03 PM   #5243
Ozziebrian
Starter Motor

Lightbulb Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Everyone, I've been referring to the Ford Forums for many years and appreciate the wealth of knowledge and experience shared by members. I finally decided to join up. I'm an oldie, in my mid 70's and have had Fords all my life, the first a Prefect, my first car purchased second hand in 1959. I have had Falcons since 1981, an ED followed by seven others and today I drive a G6E Ecoboost - the best Ford yet. I love this car and I am pleased to see the new Mustang will have the choice of V8 or this 4 cylinder engine, its a gem! My wife drives our old AU2 which is starting to need a bit of tinkering- door locks, lights etc., so I will be drawing on some of your expertise in the months/years ahead.
I look forward to my time on the Ford Forums - Happy, safe driving everyone.
Ozziebrian
Ozziebrian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2017, 03:34 PM   #5244
darylm2
Starter Motor

Hi all, just joined the forum& looking forward to contributing & brousing.Current daily is an au11 Falcon which I enjoy keeping in good condition with as much as I can do myself.
Regards all Daryl.
darylm2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2017, 04:01 PM   #5245
vicval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozziebrian View Post
Hi Everyone, I've been referring to the Ford Forums for many years and appreciate the wealth of knowledge and experience shared by members. I finally decided to join up. I'm an oldie, in my mid 70's and have had Fords all my life, the first a Prefect, my first car purchased second hand in 1959. I have had Falcons since 1981, an ED followed by seven others and today I drive a G6E Ecoboost - the best Ford yet. I love this car and I am pleased to see the new Mustang will have the choice of V8 or this 4 cylinder engine, its a gem! My wife drives our old AU2 which is starting to need a bit of tinkering- door locks, lights etc., so I will be drawing on some of your expertise in the months/years ahead.
I look forward to my time on the Ford Forums - Happy, safe driving everyone.
Ozziebrian
Welcome Brian, I'm new around here as well. I am a converted Ford owner, having come from a variety of different models, I finally discovered the Ford with my AU2 and now really loving my BF. Cheers
2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #5246
vicval

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylm2 View Post
Hi all, just joined the forum& looking forward to contributing & brousing.Current daily is an au11 Falcon which I enjoy keeping in good condition with as much as I can do myself.
Regards all Daryl.
Welcome Daryl, I loved my AU2. I'd still have it now except that the head gasket went south at 380,000 ks. I skipped the BA and am loving the BF now.
I can understand why you enjoy working on the AU. Cheers!
Old 15-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #5247
MNTL.XD

Default Re: Introducing Simone

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicval View Post
Hi everyone, I'm a proud new caretaker of 'Simone', 76 XL500 Fairlane. She's 99.9% complete, original except for wheels and pump shocks. It has rust in floor pans. As far as I can tell, after an hour on my back and with my head in impossible places, intact just about everywhere else. I plan to do a sympathetic restoration with a start on the brakes and floor.

I'm happy to be part of the Ford forums. If anyone is interested, I'm happy to start a thread documenting the resto process with pics.

Regards, Vic

Hi Vic, definitely start a build thread mate, you'll find there will be quite a few interested. Cheers!

Click on the link below to view my build thread.
http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php...-xd-the-build/
MNTL.XD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2017, 09:30 PM   #5248
vicval

Default Re: Introducing Simone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTL.XD View Post
Hi Vic, definitely start a build thread mate, you'll find there will be quite a few interested. Cheers!
Thanks for that, I have started the thread:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...php?t=11460721
2 users like this post:
Old 17-02-2017, 01:52 PM   #5249
Bewsy7302
Starter Motor

Hi All,
Thanks for the Forum - It will be a help in looking after my 2007 BF Falcon Ute. She's getting on and can at time be temperamental. I appreciate the effort that goes into running one of these forums by all concerned. I look forward to reading through it. Cheers Steve
Bewsy7302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #5250
Cr15pi
Starter Motor

G'day and thank you for the info' on this forum site, I have a 2003 BA Fairlane named Gunnie whom I love dearly, looks a bit beaten but runs like a dream. Look forward to be able to assist if and when possible through my experiences only.

Thanking you all sincerely Owner/s, Moderators, Members and Guests as well as the sponsors out there.

Hooroo for now Crispy
Cr15pi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post