Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-11-2016, 07:33 PM   #5191
shelby23
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello all,my first post- not very computer savvy (70 years young) got a 65 Mustang and 63 Tbird,been a Ford man all my life, used to drag race one many years ago. I joined to keep tabs on my new Mustang order, now way overdue, ordered 1/6/ 16 and only built on 20/10/16 and I think it might have got lost on its way to Baltimore!! Ford tell me it arrived there on the 6th Nov, but the W2global tells me no cars arrived on that date and I cant find the vin in the 400 odd cars listed since. So that means my cars not there yet??(after 28 days) Anyone help on this? Im getting a bit peeved on this - looks like being a 20 month delivery, if they havent lost it.
shelby23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-11-2016, 08:56 AM   #5192
macfoxacd
Starter Motor

Hi
my name is Ron aka macca thank you for the add over the years l have owned many fords an xa,xb both coupes,xf ghia,au ghia,ba Fairmont,and now a territory sz diesel.I have had a look on this site and found some vey useful information so keep up the good work
macfoxacd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2016, 09:40 AM   #5193
mlkmannz
Starter Motor

Hi , I'm Brett , sorry to say I'm a kiwi but we have aussie Fords here too .I'm hoping to find out more about my BA Falcon
mlkmannz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2016, 12:17 PM   #5194
Jayko
BA XR8, 5 speed manual, U

Hey all

Last edited by Jayko; 20-11-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Jayko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2016, 12:20 PM   #5195
Jayko
BA XR8, 5 speed manual, U

Hey all im Jayko

I signed up to get advice on my BA XR8, 5 speed manual, ute 👍

Last edited by Jayko; 20-11-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Jayko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2016, 11:16 AM   #5196
Joshy_boy
That Guy

Hi everyone, new to this whole forum thing, but I've been getting some real helpful info from this site for awhile now and thought it's probably bout time I sign up. My name is Josh (obviously) I live in ballarat, vic and I am one of those weird guys who are obsessed with au's. I have not owned a different type of car since the first one I ever brought nearly 10 years ago, haha. At the minute I own 2 monsoon blue auII LTD's one is a v8 the other a vct 6. Sorry bout the long post haha
Joshy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #5197
Minisub
Starter Motor

Hi all
Newish member, first post. I've used this site to check a few things on my ute and have found it highly useful and informative. Thought I'd finally join in to say Hi

Anyways, Had an 2005 BA Egas tray back for 5 years. Great car. Just upgraded to a 2013 FG Ecolpi XR6 Well Body 3-4 months ago. Boy do I miss the usefulness of a tray back, but FG sooo much nicer to drive. POWER!!!

There does seem to be quite a few "common" problems, and I've managed to grab one that has a couple of them :( (rejecting to go into First on a slow and go until tooo much throttle entered, then bam wheel spin and if TRC hasn't been taken off, it sticks in first gear for a 5 count after limiter reached regardless that only 1/8 throttle used after the traction slip, clunk and clacking (like a CV joint) from diff area on slow acceleration and I can't use BP gas as it misses and surges).

After hearing all the good things about the ZF, I am really disapointed how the auto drives. Manually select the gears though and it's fantastic. So much more power then the old E-gas and much better economy

So I've got a couple of things to sort out, but I'm trying not to let it bugger the enjoyment of driving the car and am learning to drive around the frustrating glitches until I see ford for the First Service.

Wish me luck
Minisub is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #5198
yofeehely
Starter Motor

Hey all, New here. Have a 2011 Mondeo EcoBoost Zetec. Owned since New and love it. Glad to be here. Cheers, Luke.
yofeehely is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2016, 04:02 PM   #5199
BillyJ
Starter Motor

G'day all,

First time here. Just brought a 2009 fg XR8 ute site unseen and so far it's been a fantastic except for a rough idling issue. 1'st mechanic put a clean through it and charged me $350 and it made no difference. The 2nd mechanic scanned the car but and all was normal but suspects a vacuum leak. Has anyone else had this issue?

Blue oval forever!

Cheers Bill
BillyJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2016, 09:55 AM   #5200
Alan G Jackson
Starter Motor

Hi People , My mate popped around to show me his new 1999 Au Futura, and one of his kids went to the car to get something out of the boot! --- He came back down to the house , -- but he had shut the boot with key's inside boot , Question here that I am asking is Does any person out there, know how to open these Fords without going to plan B (Smashing rear window)
He was only given One key when he purchased the car,--- and the Car is now locked and he can not get in ??

If anyone can help , it would be much appreciated...
Alan G Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2016, 12:32 PM   #5201
Falcon0213

Have you checked the vacuum lines your self ? And have you checked your throttle body could be dirty. Get some throttle body cleaner from super cheap etc. Your have too take off your air flow covers disconnect your senses. Disconnect the battery before doing that to avoid any etc jump back to your electrics. Spray and use and old toothbrush to scrub around opening the throttle body and vice versa in their using a good rag to clean up the excess. Hope that helps .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJ View Post
G'day all,

First time here. Just brought a 2009 fg XR8 ute site unseen and so far it's been a fantastic except for a rough idling issue. 1'st mechanic put a clean through it and charged me $350 and it made no difference. The 2nd mechanic scanned the car but and all was normal but suspects a vacuum leak. Has anyone else had this issue?

Blue oval forever!

Cheers Bill

Last edited by Falcon0213; 05-12-2016 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Posted 1st statement too wrong post
Falcon0213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2016, 12:47 PM   #5202
Falcon0213

I'm guessing it has central locking ? Use something too wedge the door a bit this is usually done near the top corner to put a coat hanger or something to reach the drivers door handle and pull it just enough to trigger the switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan G Jackson View Post
Hi People , My mate popped around to show me his new 1999 Au Futura, and one of his kids went to the car to get something out of the boot! --- He came back down to the house , -- but he had shut the boot with key's inside boot , Question here that I am asking is Does any person out there, know how to open these Fords without going to plan B (Smashing rear window)
He was only given One key when he purchased the car,--- and the Car is now locked and he can not get in ??

Old 05-12-2016, 05:55 PM   #5203
Alan G Jackson
Starter Motor

Falcon 0213, That really did the trick , All's well now , thanks for the suggestion my mate say's a great big thank you also .
and to all the other many helpers as well for their thoughts on this matter, we also thank you !
Cheers ,Alan J...
Alan G Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2016, 08:06 PM   #5204
Falcon0213

That's ok Alan G Jackson I've locked my keys in the car a few times lol so been there done that . Your road side assistance would do the same thing
Old 05-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #5205
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy_boy View Post
Hi everyone, new to this whole forum thing, but I've been getting some real helpful info from this site for awhile now and thought it's probably bout time I sign up. My name is Josh (obviously) I live in ballarat, vic and I am one of those weird guys who are obsessed with au's. I have not owned a different type of car since the first one I ever brought nearly 10 years ago, haha. At the minute I own 2 monsoon blue auII LTD's one is a v8 the other a vct 6. Sorry bout the long post haha
You poor bastard!
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #5206
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:

Have you asked in the AU section? They would be more able to help than here.
Edit: Sorted - slow reader.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:13 AM   #5207
Falcon0213

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
Technically mate it wouldn't matter he could get the same advice from any forum you can apply that trick to most if not all modern cars that have central locking

Sent from my Tab2A7-10F using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2016, 08:15 AM   #5208
Falcon0213

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
Technically he could get the same advice from any forum it does not matter as you can apply that trick to most cars ad modern vehicles all have central locking

Old 06-12-2016, 08:17 AM   #5209
Falcon0213

Clean your throttle body that might make a huge difference

Old 06-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #5210
AGH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

LOL.......I used to carry my old ED's spare key in my van......I lost count of how many times the other half would ring me saying she or the kids had done just that.....locked the car keys in the boot...so off I'd go from the job I was working on at the time to unlock the car. She lost her keys once. Luckily I had a mate who worked for Ford who got me a new remote and programmed key cheap as I figured it was to risky not to have a spare key for it.....about 6 months later from memory the original key & remote were found in the freezer!!! True story. No separating the remote/key never worked either....for those who were thinking that.
AGH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #5211
Falcon0213

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGH View Post
LOL.......I used to carry my old ED's spare key in my van......I lost count of how many times the other half would ring me saying she or the kids had done just that.....locked the car keys in the boot...so off I'd go from the job I was working on at the time to unlock the car. She lost her keys once. Luckily I had a mate who worked for Ford who got me a new remote and programmed key cheap as I figured it was to risky not to have a spare key for it.....about 6 months later from memory the original key & remote were found in the freezer!!! True story. No separating the remote/key never worked either....for those who were thinking that.
You could be clever buy a strong magnet or just something to tie a set underneath your car some where but having a mate who works for Ford helps. But in saying that I think from memory you can buy them from eBay and just recalibrate your remote you self it's not hard at all very simple actually

Old 07-12-2016, 12:04 PM   #5212
AGH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon0213 View Post
You could be clever buy a strong magnet or just something to tie a set underneath your car some where but having a mate who works for Ford helps. But in saying that I think from memory you can buy them from eBay and just recalibrate your remote you self it's not hard at all very simple actually

Thx for the advice but this is in the pre E bay/internet days etc (ED's came out in late 93 or early 94 I think it was) where you had to pay Ford for parts etc. Programming the remote was easy a programmed key was and still is if you don't have two keys a whole different ball game. Cheers
Old 10-12-2016, 11:32 PM   #5213
Hazzaman
Starter Motor

G'day All,

After being a GT wannabe all my life finally got around to picking up a 2008 BF2 GT Cobra recently. Funny how it came about because I thought I'd never be able to afford a Cobra.
Having been a ute man, and having previously owned an XA 351 sludgematic and an XT 302 3 speed manual utes, as well as a HQ 253 4 speed ute from the other marque in the past, I started looking at Super Pursuit utes. But finding the right colour combination, manual transmission and low kilometres was not working for me. Then started looking at GT's with the same problem there.
So after several months of searching decided that I would have to pay out a bit more for a Cobra which ticked all the boxes. I eventually found one with less than 20,000 km and not too far away from home. I was happy with the price.
It is not a daily driver, but will get driven regularly. Definitely not going to be a garage queen. Although I wanted low mileage when I bought it I am not worried about putting km's on it. it was not necessarily bought as an investment, but rather to enjoy.
If you see me on the road, I'll definitely have a smile on my dial.

Hazzaman
Hazzaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2016, 10:08 AM   #5214
Capri8
Starter Motor

G'day everyone
My names Pete Ive been a blue oval badge loyalist since i watched Allan Moffats 1 2 victory at Bathurst in 1977.Although i appreciate other cars nothing gets me fired up more than "Henery's" collection. Ive had my 1970 Capri V8 now for 28 yrs.I restored it years ago but now its time for a face lift.So i will be looking for a few parts and contacts.Anyway thats my story Pete
Capri8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #5215
AGH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri8 View Post
G'day everyone
My names Pete Ive been a blue oval badge loyalist since i watched Allan Moffats 1 2 victory at Bathurst in 1977.Although i appreciate other cars nothing gets me fired up more than "Henery's" collection. Ive had my 1970 Capri V8 now for 28 yrs.I restored it years ago but now its time for a face lift.So i will be looking for a few parts and contacts.Anyway thats my story Pete

Hi and welcome to AFF. Heaps of useful info here.

Bondy should have passed the pr**k................
Old 15-12-2016, 05:06 PM   #5216
mcanexed
Starter Motor

Hi all Ford lovers, just thought i'd say g'day, i've got a 64 xm coupe that i picked up earlier this year, Ive tidied it up a bit and been enjoying a bit of weekend cruising but plan an engine swap soon so will be picking your brains sooner or later,

cheers, Mark C
mcanexed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #5217
Mario G
Starter Motor

Default 1971 xy falcon gs 500 owner

Hi All
New member to the forum. I have a new project this year and after any advise from anyone who has restored XY Falcons. First question...Has anyone fitted coil over suspensions? Where the best place for quality parts to do this?
Mario G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2016, 07:35 PM   #5218
agmonz

Hi All. My name is Grant, 54 year old youth from Canterbury NZ.
I have been signed up for a while, and have enjoyed browsing through the infinite wisdom posted on this site, few good laughs there too. I have liked (luved) the Aussie Fords since I was a lad, and have enjoyed having owed a few. When I get a bit older I hope to able to afford a Falcon GT. Currently have a 2010 FG XR8, 60k, Lux pack. Great car, goes well, but I am a little bored with it. Needs a freshen up, something to give the blood pressure a little lift (not that high I have a heart attack, so keeping it n/a, NO boost). Look forward to catching up in the appropriate threads. Cheers.
agmonz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2016, 09:56 AM   #5219
waynocrano
Starter Motor

hi guys
just wanna say merry Christmas to all. I hope we are all safe and well
I very just recently joined the forum and are still working out how it all works, so bare with me. I drive a f6 rpec and love it
I've a son of henry as long as I can remember
my father put that in place by buying all fords back in nz and the icing on the cake was when he bought a xa falcon, which I sat my licence in and got to use it as a shagging wagon many years ago. good fun
I thank henry for the memorit's
see ya on the road
waynocrano
waynocrano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2016, 05:40 PM   #5220
Starter Motor

Hi, I have just rejoined and am in need of advice. My 1999 LTD is making some terrible engine noises and the mechanic says it is the main engine bearing. I would like to keep the vehicle but it may be too late. I have already replace one motor this year and am worried about spending and getting another dud. I live on the NSW Central Coast.
1952 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post