Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-10-2016, 12:09 AM   #5161
Xc coon
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi there I basically inherited my father's xc ute currently running 4.1 gear I wanna stick a manual Cleveland in it any info on this would be good or links thanks photos to come
Xc coon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2016, 10:45 AM   #5162
Bolly47
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alelys View Post
I have done everything myself, even the painting
Never done that before :P

Is this aussie ford falcon ute body ???
Bolly47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2016, 11:54 AM   #5163
Alan G Jackson
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan G Jackson View Post
I don't know what has Happened now ?
I Placed a brand new fuel pump in my XG ute,( it would run on LPG but not on petrol ) It started up straight away and it could be switched back and forth and back again on LPG ,Petrol ,LPG .
Then, --- a day later it would only run on LPG.
I came out to start it this morning, and it would only wind over rapidly, But , -- IT WILL NOT start.
It is like my last episode 5 to 6 months ago, all over again ! !
If I can have some thoughts on this issue , it would surely be appreciated ,
Thanks Alan ...

I have Now solved this Issue , I was told by a very wise Mechanic how to fix this problem , It goes like this.. -- " Put your key into the ignition and turn it on , ( Do NOT start motor ) Leave it on for at least half an hour, then come back and see if the smart lock has RESET itself ". -- I left mine on like that for Three quarters of an hour , just to be on the safe side and it worked , SO problem solved .. Thanks guys ...
Alan G Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #5164
alelys
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolly47 View Post
Is this aussie ford falcon ute body ???

Ford Sierra P100
Old 10-10-2016, 10:16 PM   #5165
Megasky101
Starter Motor

Hi all.
Long time lurker, first time poster..
currently have a 1999 au wagon (money pit) converted to manual and custom bodykit.
Wasn't fortunate enough to join here before i purchased the bodykit from old ronny klik at phat customs so its definitely "custom"
Megasky101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2016, 09:00 AM   #5166
Falcon0213

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello and thank you for validating my account much appreciated. I own a 20005 Ba Ford falcon I'm trying to find a wiring diagram to hookup my aftermarket head unit I know most wires if not all but to be on the safe side I diagram would be helpful just incase
Falcon0213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2016, 10:28 AM   #5167
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon0213 View Post
Hello and thank you for validating my account much appreciated. I own a 20005 Ba Ford falcon I'm trying to find a wiring diagram to hookup my aftermarket head unit I know most wires if not all but to be on the safe side I diagram would be helpful just incase
Welcome to AFF.

Wiring schematics and other tech bits can be found here.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...p?name=Content
Old 13-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #5168
xa429
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Gday everybody 👍
xa429 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2016, 10:49 PM   #5169
Mick Haller
Starter Motor

G'Day folks. I was a member here about 10 years ago but it all expired. I had an XA GS with 'rally pack' at the time and really enjoyed the forums. That was sold due to being young, skint and moving house and job, which meant I lost my email address so signing up again as a non-Ford owner seemed too much like hard work. Got to say, I'm not used to this forum format and style.

Anyways, as the now owner of a fantastic '78 Lincoln Town Car I thought I should get back in here.

If anyone knows the whereabouts of VXA921 I'd be interested.

Cheers.

Last edited by Mick Haller; 17-10-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Mick Haller is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #5170
Tornado0001
Starter Motor

G'day all, been a browsing member for a little while but haven't had the chance to get on here much. Was going to throw an expression of interest out there for what a Build P0001 BA F6 Tornado might go for with the Ford factory shutting it's doors and whether collectors are starting to look for future interests??

Cheers
Tornado0001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #5171
Robert L
Starter Motor

G'day all,

I have a 2000 AU2 wagon (Ex Gov @ 60,000k, bought at auction in 2000) now 535k, all stock standard. Preventative maint (by me, don't trust dealers from experience) has kept it running and rolling beautifully. One small issue, fuel supply at a guess, and one big issue, rust, I might be able to get advice from those of you in the know. I will go into more detail in the correct thread later.

It's because of the two issues mentioned I have joined the forum. Before this I have trusted the Regories manual and previous experience playing with a Mini 850, Mazda 626 and EA2 Falcon. I am not a mechanic, my qualifications as a cook don't really help me in the mechanical world.

Cheers,
Rob.
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #5172
fordsaretheonlycar

Owned my first car in 1987, XB Falcon baseline model with a white vinyl roof, 3 in the tree and front bench seats. Replaced a few parts on her, then got the V8 bug buying a 302 ZF Fairlane in 1988, again with a vinyl roof! Then I got the 351 bug and bought an original red pepper GT351 XB sedan in 1989. I have since sold all of those vehicles, and my last car was a 1995 EF station wagon that I had from 2005 until 2014. Recently bought a 2003 BF wagon that needed some work on her. I have rebuilt the complete drivetrain on an XA wagon before, including rebuilds to the engine and gearbox, complete brake overhaul (every component) and I really enjoy keeping old Fords on the road, and will always keep them rolling to the best of my ability. It is a sickness/hobby, but I just love solving problems. I am not trained formally as a mechanic, but have picked up a lot of tricks along the way, always willing to learn more.
fordsaretheonlycar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #5173
Fg xr6 turbo dan
Starter Motor

Hi everyone just recently bought a 2008 fg xr6 turbo! It's a nice clean car with 105xxx kms on the clock! I am planning on doing some mods to get the car to around 260-270rwkw! Just need to find out what this mystery hunting idle is atm! Any help would be appreciated.
Fg xr6 turbo dan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2016, 11:58 PM   #5174
lamah11
Banned

Default Buy real and fake drivers license (lamahcedrick@gmail.com)

PURCHASE DRIVING LICENCE

Certificates,ID, Degree, Passport.

Buy your driver license in Australia (Australia)

Buy Canadian pilot licenses (Canada)

Buy your driving license French (France,

French(France) passports,

German(Germany) passports,

Dutch(Netherland/Holland) passports,

Israel passports,

Email............lamahcedrick@gmail.com

WhatsApp.........237243048998

Phone number.....9169052356

Skype............sandra hilson

Buy your Dutch driving license (Netherlands / Netherlands)

Buy your driving license German (Germany)

Buy your UK driving license (UK)

Finnish(Finland) passports,

UK(United Kingdom) passports,

Spanish(Spain) passports,

Mexican(Mexico) passports,

South African passports.

Australian driver licenses,

Canadian driver licenses,

Buy your driving license Chinese (China)

Buy your license in Switzerland (Switzerland)

Buy your driving license cambodiens (Cambodia)

Buy your driver's license (Australia)

Buy your license in Russia (Russia)

Buy Canadian pilot licenses (Canada)

Buy your driving license French (France)

Buy your international driving allowded

Buy your Japanese driver's license (Japan)

Buy your license Ukraine (Ukraine)

Buy your driver license Austria (Austria)

Buy your UK driving license

Email.........lamahcedrick@gmail.com

WhatsApp.........237243048998

Phone number.........9169052356

Skype..................sandra hilson

Buy real and fake drivers license (lamahcedrick@gmail.com)
lamah11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2016, 04:52 PM   #5175
FGXR&FOCUS
Starter Motor

Hi Guys. This is my first post. I've had almost every model of falcon over the years including a XA coupe that i did a "ground up" on, and then sold for $8k to help the deposit on my first house. That still hurts. Currently have an FG XR6.

Anyway, it's time for my son's first car. I'm planning to buy a 07ish Focus Zetec while he learns the ropes. He wants a XR5 of course but he'll need a few kms under his belt before that happens.

I need advice about PCD. I want to buy the wheels now as i've found some second hand, but i don't have the car yet. I know that the car i buy will be 5 x 108 but all i know about the wheels i'm looking at buying tomorrow is that the seller had them on a 2012 Focus. I heard that there had been a recent PCD change on the Focus but don't know when that occurred.

Will 2012 Focus wheels fit a 2007 Focus.

Also planning on XR5 seats from the wreckers, any problems there?

Thanks. Neil.
FGXR&FOCUS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2016, 02:02 PM   #5176
Shaynen
Starter Motor

hi everyone my name is Shayne.im a new member and have a 2014 fg dedicated gas.i have an issue with the gas primmer being noisey on start up.its been having this problem since new.ford have replaced the tank unit and something under the bonnet and still no good.ford have no idea as they say and I,m at my wits end.it makes a really load noise ,probly about 5 out of 10 times so I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem and how to fix it ?.hoping to here from anyone.cheers,shayne.
Shaynen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2016, 02:07 PM   #5177
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaynen View Post
hi everyone my name is Shayne.im a new member and have a 2014 fg dedicated gas.i have an issue with the gas primmer being noisey on start up.its been having this problem since new.ford have replaced the tank unit and something under the bonnet and still no good.ford have no idea as they say and I,m at my wits end.it makes a really load noise ,probly about 5 out of 10 times so I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem and how to fix it ?.hoping to here from anyone.cheers,shayne.
Hi and welcome to AFF Shaynen, try asking the question in the LPG section.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Old 02-11-2016, 11:45 PM   #5178
oyledz
Starter Motor

hello every one am rodelo.any one could help me for my 2013 ford ranger my hazzard switch notfunctionin any one have diagram?
oyledz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #5179
gntee
Starter Motor

Hi all and g'day Ihave a1980 zj fairlane and am trying to find out if it a sportsman or not .... any help would be greatly appreciated
gntee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 08:00 AM   #5180
Hemisplinter
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day all new member Hemisplinter here yeah I have a mopar (66 vcV8) but I've always had a ford too. First was a 63 Cortina 2 door in 1975 then a string of Falcons and Fairlanes. Current ride a 2012 G6 got a few K's up already (170k) but no issues cos I take good care of er. I heard the trans (6sp auto) was sealed for life with no service required ha what a joke so my local shop didn't want to do a service on it too much work on apparently ha another joke so set about doing it myself. Bought a new heat exchange trans cooler unit too along with steel sump pan and filter and new oil. Got er up on blocks and got into it. Messy but manage to not spill too much. Yeah it needed the service fair bit of grey sludge in the pan. The real drama came when I went to remove the oil lines off the cooler. Thanks to Ford Forums I found the right way to undo the clamps by crimping the little tabs with my expanding jaw pliers and at the same time levering the hose away from the nipple. Worked a treat. So thanks all you blokes who share the knowledge and help the likes of me stop losing my cool and breaking stuff haha. Cheers Paul
Hemisplinter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2016, 10:57 AM   #5181
spooka
Starter Motor

Hi
As another member said, long time lurker, had heaps of help from this site while doing up my XD thought i would put a few pic's up of her, almost ready to put it all back together, kept it original colour, RARE, RARE!!! Alpine green with palamino trim, was 6 pack 4 speed police pack, had zero rust when i got it, unusual for xd, anyway, hello all will keep ya'all posted on progreess

Last edited by spooka; 29-01-2017 at 08:48 AM.
spooka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2016, 08:42 AM   #5182
desmond69
Starter Motor

Hi, my name is Adam. I'm a relatively new member, first post. A post of thanks really. I met a lady a few months ago and she's mad on cars, V8 super cars, Bathhurst, fords in general. Have been browsing when time permits, to expand my knowledge a bit and this forum has done that. Now it's a long time in between dating/relationships,work and kids have been my life for too long.
Finally found a beautiful woman who understands life in general, has kids and understands them more than I could ever. She's smart, humorous (loves a great laugh), has a caring, nurturing, compassionate personality, great listener and most of all seems to accept me as I am. She's a little older than I am.
We have just been friends for a while.....
Just need to build up courage to ask her out. I don't handle rejection well, not that I'm expecting that.
By the way, I do own a XR6 Turbo Ute along with a family car, Outlander.
Thanks for the interesting reads.
desmond69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2016, 10:11 AM   #5183
Bgplms
Starter Motor

Hi everyone my name is William.. I'm totally new to the ford group as I'm a Holden man... But I'm in the process of putting a Bf barra into my Gu Patrol ute with either the Zf auto or the nissan auto... So hopefully with the help from this site I'll be able to get the ute to really move.. cheers William
Bgplms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2016, 03:46 PM   #5184
bghg55
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, my name is Glenn. I'm new to the forum and should take delivery of a new Everest around the beginning of December. The forum has been helpful so far and I enjoy the information given from other peoples experiences.
Cheers,
Glenn
bghg55 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2016, 10:05 PM   #5185
moufid66
Starter Motor

Post Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Goody mates
my name is tony from Melbourne Australia,I work with spare parts for all makes,
I hope we can be useful to any question .
moufid66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2016, 12:30 AM   #5186
barry87
Starter Motor

Hey all, have a bf II xr6t unmodded ute. Good information here on everything about the car so should be sticking and finding what other people have done.
barry87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2016, 05:18 PM   #5187
Gruntech
Starter Motor

Default New member - GDay to one n all

First thanks to the administrators for their unseen efforts.

Catch yah on the merry go round, happy findings

Grunta
Gruntech is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2016, 12:49 AM   #5188
j k
Starter Motor

Hi all,

Joined the forum a little while back about time i posted im based in W.A, plenty of good car knowledge on here some good stories and some laughs!

All the best, cheers.
j k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2016, 03:07 PM   #5189
Lez
Starter Motor

New to this forum ,also use https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php for my other love I have 2008 LX focus that has some transmission issue
after replacing all the solenoids and converter and throttle sensor and being checked by fords super reader ,it still loses tiptronic mode and top gear main suspect is the auto trans module ,no one it seems I can find knows much at all about testing them, any help would be appreciated.
Lez.
Lez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2016, 04:16 PM   #5190
slowsnake
Banned

Hello,
Slowsnake here,my real name is Billy,I was a member her a few years back but I lost/misplaced my login details,I don't even know what email I had,but I was without a computer for a few years by choice,I am not a fan of social media I just like to find information quickly now,I still love going to the library but not much there about my 2000 AU2 Fairmont there.
I find this site extremely important to my car maintenance,I am only on a DSP and am 63 years old,I can't afford to pay 90 bucks an hour to a mechanic,or plumber etc.
And I was just prompted by admin to say hello,its the least I can do,but,every bit of info I want has already been covered already,and I do not need to ask as its already been discussed,and by the looks of it all problems solved!
Regards Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post