Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 30-10-2005, 10:18 AM   #1
BlackLS

Default Dst

Forum times have 2 hours difference.. Guessing because the northern hemisphere went back an hour and us forward?

Is this going to be changed?

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Registered users control the time display thropugh their own control panel under Options.

Guests see the time set as a default by us.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

GMT +9.5 = All times are GMT +9.5. The time now is 01:56 PM.

without DST on

with DST on

All times are GMT +10.5. The time now is 02:57 PM.

both times are not right as its 3:52 here now :S
Old 30-10-2005, 08:24 PM   #4
BlackLS

I'm on GMT +12 to get the correct time
Old 31-10-2005, 04:39 AM   #5
CruizinEB
Banned

mines out by 3 mins but sometimes 25-30 mins
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 11:37 AM   #6
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZIN EB
mines out by 3 mins but sometimes 25-30 mins
Yep your is the one that's out, I've never seen a watch yet synchronised to a NTP time reference.

Before posting did you ask yourself was this a question or answer that would benefit the site support forum?

No you do not need to type a reply! Thankyou!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 12:10 PM   #7
BlackLS

I'm on +11 now (+10 and Daylight saving correction) Sunday forums times was all screwy and ended up doing a +12 GMT locality. NTP stands for Network Time Protocol? Does this explain constant 6 mins time difference?

My computer is syncronised with Windows time server, my watch is syncronised with Cityrail clocks, and phone is syncronised with an SMS time stamp. There all showing the same time.
Old 31-10-2005, 02:34 PM   #8
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonEF
I'm on +11 now (+10 and Daylight saving correction) Sunday forums times was all screwy and ended up doing a +12 GMT locality. NTP stands for Network Time Protocol? Does this explain constant 6 mins time difference?

My computer is syncronised with Windows time server, my watch is syncronised with Cityrail clocks, and phone is syncronised with an SMS time stamp. There all showing the same time.
Cityrail Clocks - Muhahaha! The forum does update to DST, I think everyone can live with with any offsets without undue fear or stress.

Frequency of the servers update to NPT may/may not be under admin control, suffice to say the timestamps will never be greatly out.

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 31-10-2005 at 02:39 PM.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 03:30 PM   #9
BlackLS

;) Thanks...