Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #2401
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
Miami may be assembled here but its a Seppo motor Ford Aus put a few Aussie parts on. Boss motors were all just crate motors. I think the Barra 6's are Aussie made but that hardly equates to Falcons being all Aussie cars. A 4 litre straight 6 is farking huge, JDM cars have half that capacity and perform just as well. 5.4, 5.0 are pretty big motors as well compared to what BMW, Audi and several others use.
Funny how that doesnt explain how AMG sell more C63s (that im sure you what size engine they have) here than they sell in the US...
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #2402
nstg8a

I though boss motors were assembled here from short blocks?
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #2403
dragons90

5.4 was also assembled in Australia with some local parts.
dragons90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #2404
I6DOHC

I couldn't give a rats @rse about Mercedes, BMW, Audi...I am only interested in Aussie Fords. So there.

That so called 'huge' 4L inline 6, is arguably THE best All-Austalian motoring achievement, especially in turbo form. It keeps many much higher priced imports more than honest. For a sub 40k RWD package to keep pace with 180k jag says it all. If they stuff the 315kw iteration into the FH then it will be the keeper for me.

And as for the build quality of the locals...well I don't reckon any of the so called superior global imports would fare any better with my 3 year olds projectile vomit than the falcon does....
I6DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #2405
dragons90

Quote:
Miami may be assembled here but its a Seppo motor Ford Aus put a few Aussie parts on. Boss motors were all just crate motors. I think the Barra 6's are Aussie made but that hardly equates to Falcons being all Aussie cars. A 4 litre straight 6 is farking huge, JDM cars have half that capacity and perform just as well. 5.4, 5.0 are pretty big motors as well compared to what BMW, Audi and several others use.
According to this article http://mobile.news.com.au/national/h...-1226772531176
The falcon is 70% local content compared to 50% for the commodore and 30% for cruze I'd call it Australian.
dragons90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2014, 10:37 PM   #2406
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Or I'll just hand it in for an AMG V8...or a V8 Mustang where Ford Aus steal all their motors from anyway. Aussie manufacturing aka putting different parts off different cars together ;)

Aussie cars did all right for awhile then just hit this point where everyone else was adding so much to their cars and Ford/Holden in particular didn't want to hear about it and just focused on the killerwasps and getting the biggest motors they could find at GM/Ford HQ.

Hows that pointless aircon in your car buddy? Your forefathers would be disgusted in you having aircon, windscreen wipers, adjustable seats, cruise control, and those other stupid gadgets that dont do anything for driving. SHAME!
sorry dude for getting back to you late

instead of sitting in front of my flat screen and parked up on my faux leather couch

i've been cutting, grinding, bashing welding, doing random man stuffs

lol @ you paying out on the BOSS and MIAMI

Its called lineage, wtf were the early Whingers and Clevos

a Unique and Australian combination, with tweaks and then some from the US
parts bin

comparing our little backwater market / vehicles with those on the world stage is just lolsworthy

fyi i have a 40yo car with aircon

Last edited by pottery beige; 23-03-2014 at 10:43 PM.
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2014, 10:44 PM   #2407
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
I though boss motors were assembled here from short blocks?
It used the navigator block, but was fully assembled from a bare block, not imported as a short or long motor.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #2408
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Please come back spyman to get this thread back on track away from the dribble.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2014, 11:51 PM   #2409
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
sorry dude for getting back to you late

instead of sitting in front of my flat screen and parked up on my faux leather couch

i've been cutting, grinding, bashing welding, doing random man stuffs

lol @ you paying out on the BOSS and MIAMI

Its called lineage, wtf were the early Whingers and Clevos

a Unique and Australian combination, with tweaks and then some from the US
parts bin

comparing our little backwater market / vehicles with those on the world stage is just lolsworthy

fyi i have a 40yo car with aircon
Bravo to you I suppose for doing all that metal work, I put in an entire ceiling base this morning...so what? Sorry for wanting to relax on my half day off, I'll never do that again, not allowed to relax or have breaks in Australia apparently. And in wasn't paying the motors out, how is calling them yank based paying them out? Sorry but they know more about building high power V8s than Australia does.

We're in a global market, cars sold on the world stage are sold here, VFs are sold abroad so have several other Commodores even Maloo's.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #2410
FocusLX06

Exclamation Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Moderators, can we please delete some of the previous posts? I came here to see my next car, not that rubbish.

Old 24-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #2411
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well it's Monday and no new pic's from spyman . me thinks he's so disgusted by the childish off topic post's on here that he's taken his bat & ball and gone home !!! and I cant blame him
Old 24-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #2412
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusLX06 View Post
Moderators, can we please delete some of the previous posts? I came here to see my next car, not that rubbish.

go have a YOYO and a glass of milk if its upsetting you
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #2413
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

no more off topic crap-talk.

Warnings will ensue.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #2414
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1XLS View Post
Post on topic your not at all. Any more off topic posts, where's Spyman questions they will be deleted and poster warned
Already done the warning thing post 2191 Profressor, slow learners around here
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #2415
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1XLS View Post
Already done the warning thing post 2191 Profressor, slow learners around here
as did i at post #1708, and #1811, people need constant reminders.

For the punters: If this thread didn't have such importance i would have closed it a long time ago. But that doesn't mean it's immune.

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 24-03-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #2416
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just read this comment on the Drive/Carsales "Ford's Final Falcon" article.

"It will make 226kW at 6,400rpm and 435Nm of torque at 3,750rpm-4,250rpm I was told by the engineer. It will have the same 4.0L engine, extra power and torque is due to a different cat-converter and a higher cam lift - but also 3.5mm increase in diameter of the throttle plate/body but nothing else- this is for the Base model"

If I had not have read everywhere that the engines are remaining unchanged and that random commentors on the internet are always to be believed, those power figures would be pretty cool if true.
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #2417
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Nate View Post

"It will make 226kW at 6,400rpm and 435Nm of torque at 3,750rpm-4,250rpm I was told by the engineer. It will have the same 4.0L engine, extra power and torque is due to a different cat-converter and a higher cam lift - but also 3.5mm increase in diameter of the throttle plate/body but nothing else- this is for the Base model"

If I had not have read everywhere that the engines are remaining unchanged and that random commentors on the internet are always to be believed, those power figures would be pretty cool if true.
I'd be surprised if true. Although having said that, maybe they've given up with the whole eco thing slowly improving fuel figures (which hasn't improved sales...) and said that if you want a fuel efficient car, get the EcoBoost Falcon, but if you want a bit of poke, get the I6 model.
Maybe they're going to push the whole Falcon range as a performance option, instead of simply the XR models?
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #2418
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

As if it will rev to 6400 RPM, thats pretty high for one of those engines.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #2419
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Nope, efficiency gains across the board for the n/a I6 to get the average L/100klm down to 9.5 (which was the whole point of the Gen II 6 speed ZF and co-investment grants from the government) those figures look like the EcoBoost Mustang numbers so perhaps he had his wires crossed.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #2420
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

6400 is a lot of revs, although the current I6 is 195 @ 6000 RPM.

As for the credibility of Jurnos claiming it is the same HP (no increase) - they have NO idea, and cant even get the Mustang GT 5.0 HP right - they all state the new model (S550) will be 420 Hp - failing to understand the current model is already 420 Hp & Ford have stated there will be an increase. Ford have not yet revealed the actual HP - and the next model is currently officially > 420 HP (with major performance upgrades). Idiots !!!!

Last edited by stevefreestyle; 24-03-2014 at 04:36 PM.
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #2421
Motorbreath310

Anyone know if it's going to have a new steering wheel? Or would that require crash testing? That alone would make a huge difference to the interior. The wheel it (FG) has now, looks fit for an '05 Transit.
Motorbreath310 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #2422
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath310 View Post
Anyone know if it's going to have a new steering wheel? Or would that require crash testing? That alone would make a huge difference to the interior. The wheel it (FG) has now, looks fit for an '05 Transit.
I hope so.
The only thing I don't really like about the interior of my FG is the steering wheel design. All the usual FG interior complaints don't faze me, I am used to the driving & steering wheel position, the quality is agreeable ect ect. The wheel itself feels fine but I have never really warmed to the style of it. I suppose its a by product of enjoying the AU and BA era Momo steering wheels.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #2423
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can someone start a new thread with all the spy pics and CGI's consolidated ala Orion Knowledge Hub, and maybe leave this for discussion? I'd do it but I only have a phone. Just a suggestion...
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #2424
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
so.
The only thing I don't really like about the interior of my FG is the steering wheel design. All the usual FG interior complaints don't faze me, I am used to the driving & steering wheel position, the quality is agreeable ect ect. The wheel itself feels fine but I have never really warmed to the style of it. I suppose its a by product of enjoying the AU and BA era Momo steering wheels.
Yeah current wheels a less sporty version of gen 1 Focus tiller. I think it should adopt a 2015 Mustang style 3 spoke jobbie.
Also inner door handles and gear selector need a more quality feel. Is there anywhere for a start button?
Old 24-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #2425
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

Unless the new wiring looms somehow can make the engine make all that extra power and torque, i say he doesnt have a clue, cause thats all that is being changed.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #2426
Jaxon

^^^That's a shame. Sounded good for a split second.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #2427
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Unless the new wiring looms somehow can make the engine make all that extra power and torque, i say he doesnt have a clue, cause thats all that is being changed.
If new wiring looms are the only change to the I6, where do they get the claimed fuel economy improvements from ??
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #2428
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Fixing the handbrake once and for all.. no more woosh woosh and parasitic drag
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #2429
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The 2.3 has 407Nm doesn't it? How much extra development costs would those changes add compared to just the loom? Would DSC recalibration be necessary? Things like that make it implausibe. Is it a recent article?
Maybe the new gearbox makes it possible, Remember when the ZF6 came out it raised the redline to 6250.
Old 24-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #2430
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought those figures are what they were getting out of the LiLPG, before they detuned it to make peak power at 5000rpm (instead of 6k like the petrol).
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post