Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-01-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
midnightXR6

Default Falcons in the UK

On a forum a frequent over here it was a post about cars not sold in the UK and the Falcon came up.

Anyway we actually have the falcon in a different varient to you will be used to here in the shape of a limo and a hearse from coleman milne.

I thought id try them to see if they would sell the car pre conversion as last week whilst down that way i seen a car transporter heading towards the factory with 8 black FG Falcons.

All was going well the reply was " The only vehicle that we import into the UK that we have type approval for is the Ford FG Executive G6E 4 litre straight 6 saloon in silhouette black with a charcoal leather interior.

I could live with the non turbo saloon seeing as i have the xr6t ute.

Waiting for a reply as i thought i was onto a winner here in getting another falcon easily.

Then i got this " With the current market exchange rate from Australian dollar to British pound.

Our saloon vehicle is coming out at a purchase price of “On the Road” £38,316.14.

Working that out back to AUS doller it comes back as a new Aus purchase price $61,531.26AUD.

Anyway though id give you a laugh at how much its going to cost me to try and get a new falcon over although im not paying that for a basic model would have to be at least a G6ET or V8.

The next move will be moving to OZ if i can get an offshore job over there or oil related job.

midnightXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 05:54 AM   #2
morak001
460 - cubes torque

yeah, the exchange rate is a killer, I've moved from Scotland to Au but moving the cash is a financial %^%$^$&^ five years ago the exchange rate would've been much nicer, but I'm not sure it'll change much soon either....

I thought about similar thing while I was there, got a BM instead.
morak001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
midnightXR6

I will more than likely bring the ute over to OZ with me.
Old 15-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightXR6
I will more than likely bring the ute over to OZ with me.
Only thing is you won't have fun driving it here. I would love to have my XR6 in the UK.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
On a forum a frequent over here it was a post about cars not sold in the UK and the Falcon came up.

Anyway we actually have the falcon in a different varient to you will be used to here in the shape of a limo and a hearse from coleman milne.

I thought id try them to see if they would sell the car pre conversion as last week whilst down that way i seen a car transporter heading towards the factory with 8 black FG Falcons.

All was going well the reply was " The only vehicle that we import into the UK that we have type approval for is the Ford FG Executive G6E 4 litre straight 6 saloon in silhouette black with a charcoal leather interior.

I could live with the non turbo saloon seeing as i have the xr6t ute.

Waiting for a reply as i thought i was onto a winner here in getting another falcon easily.

Then i got this " With the current market exchange rate from Australian dollar to British pound.

Our saloon vehicle is coming out at a purchase price of “On the Road” £38,316.14.

Working that out back to AUS doller it comes back as a new Aus purchase price $61,531.26AUD.

Anyway though id give you a laugh at how much its going to cost me to try and get a new falcon over although im not paying that for a basic model would have to be at least a G6ET or V8.

The next move will be moving to OZ if i can get an offshore job over there or oil related job.
Any info on where the FG Falcons go over there? Obviously a small number private importer?

Also, are you suggesting that you will move countries just because you want a Falcon? That's awesome.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
UKXR8

The exchange rate has just gone nuts in about the last year, was looking at getting a few bits for the XA, saw the rate was about 1.80 to the pound, thought I'd wait a few months for it to settle back to the usual 2.20 to the pound.... How stupid am I!

2003 AU3 XR8 MANUAL

1998 EL XR6

Last edited by UKXR8; 15-01-2011 at 10:28 AM.
UKXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No that can't be right, cars are cheaper everywhere else in the world but in Australia.

It is all because of a conspiracy by all the car companies to rip everyone off.

You poms must be getting ripped off too now....lucky you have speed cameras as well...
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
TadKa
Wait? What?

You on Pistonheads midnight?
TadKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
Danny
GT4.

How on earth do you afford fuel on that petrol annihilating ute in scotland buddy?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #10
NAFairlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
How on earth do you afford fuel on that petrol annihilating ute in scotland buddy?
Agreed mate, they arent exactly economical haha
NAFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #11
midnightXR6

To answer a few questions. The company that imports them is coleman milne. They then convert them to either herses or limo's.

I work onshore and offshore in oil so cost isnt too much of a problem. I also have othercars to run different days.

I would actually move to oz toget a falcon. But more for heat and better life aswell.

And lastly i am on pistonheads same username as on here like most sites bar facebook.

Last edited by midnightXR6; 15-01-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 16-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #12
kpcart
Banned

why would you waste your time with a falcon over there. I mean come on there are so many good cars over there that cost less then in australia, and use less fuel then a falcon (the petrol is so high priced there) and a lot of cars that are better quality and drive better then a falcon.... and to move over to australia just to drive a falcon, that is pathetic, honestly. dont take it too personally, cos i love falcons too, but there are more important things in life, you probably havent realised that yet, but you obviously dont care, because you have a high paying mining job, and have nothing better to do then spend your money of cashed up bogan fantasies. if i was in your position, i would aim higher.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #13
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Kp I think you need to change your username to Dr Phil, he's not always right either...

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #14
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
why would you waste your time with a falcon over there. I mean come on there are so many good cars over there that cost less then in australia, and use less fuel then a falcon (the petrol is so high priced there) and a lot of cars that are better quality and drive better then a falcon.

My thoughts exactly, last time I was over the UK, for that coin you would get a late model V8 5 series or E Class, and to be honest there is no comparison between them and the coon.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #15
midnightXR6

Some replies did make me chuckle.

I plan on moving over in the future anyway as living in the UK sucks big time.

Yes great scenery and roads n scotland but im bored of it.

Im not actually going to pay that for a base model falcon here i could get an fpv or xr6t new and import it for well under that price.

The ute i have is an 04 and i only paid 14k AUD for it with 30k on the clock.

I like unusual cars that you cant get here and being RHD is a bonus.

Can get monaros and vxr8 or clubsport as you call them but we just look at them as vauxhalls and they are *****.

I wouldnt want a BMW as i have a big enough ****( quite large actually lol ) already and although mercs can be decent quite unreliable and poor services from dealers.

I actually bought it over a VY ss ute for taking the bike about places but falcon was a better drive and i proceeded to pedder poly bush the entire chassis and pump up the power.

Also before anyone chips in with a hilux or nisan navara well they are just **** slow and diesel.

And for the record its not mining. Although im a structural stress engineer it involves blowing things up.
Old 16-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #16
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Some replies did make me chuckle.

I plan on moving over in the future anyway as living in the UK sucks big time.

Yes great scenery and roads n scotland but im bored of it.

Im not actually going to pay that for a base model falcon here i could get an fpv or xr6t new and import it for well under that price.

The ute i have is an 04 and i only paid 14k AUD for it with 30k on the clock.

I like unusual cars that you cant get here and being RHD is a bonus.

Can get monaros and vxr8 or clubsport as you call them but we just look at them as vauxhalls and they are *****.

I wouldnt want a BMW as i have a big enough ****( quite large actually lol ) already and although mercs can be decent quite unreliable and poor services from dealers.

I actually bought it over a VY ss ute for taking the bike about places but falcon was a better drive and i proceeded to pedder poly bush the entire chassis and pump up the power.

Also before anyone chips in with a hilux or nisan navara well they are just **** slow and diesel.

And for the record its not mining. Although im a structural stress engineer it involves blowing things up.
Are you a transplanted Aussie, or a Scotsman who's somehow seen the light?

If the latter, have you tried Vegemite yet?

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #17
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
why would you waste your time with a falcon over there. I mean come on there are so many good cars over there that cost less then in australia, and use less fuel then a falcon (the petrol is so high priced there) and a lot of cars that are better quality and drive better then a falcon.... and to move over to australia just to drive a falcon, that is pathetic, honestly. dont take it too personally, cos i love falcons too, but there are more important things in life, you probably havent realised that yet, but you obviously dont care, because you have a high paying mining job, and have nothing better to do then spend your money of cashed up bogan fantasies. if i was in your position, i would aim higher.
I love how you say don't take it too personally even though you make it a point to repeatedly insult the guy and degrade him.

It seems like I have to point out in every thread that we all have different opinions and tastes, attacking someone because they think differently to you is childish and immature. Grow up.

To the OP; more power to you mate! I think it's great you have such a passion for Falcons and since you said financially it isn't a problem then I say go for it.
Old 16-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #18
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

60 thou for a g6e imported over there isnt to bad.
arnt they like 50 thou here so its only ten more to send it over.

you wont get a gt here and sent over for 60g
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #19
midnightXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
Are you a transplanted Aussie, or a Scotsman who's somehow seen the light?

If the latter, have you tried Vegemite yet?
I am the latter as daft as they come scots.. Just needto find some jobsover there prefer offshore tho. Hopefully set somethingup in a year or 2.

Oh and not tried it yet.
Old 16-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #20
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In case anyone hasn't seen the Fg Falcon's that Coleman Milne imports:

Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #21
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The limo looks beautifully classy but the hearse is a complete abomination. What a hideous disproportioned conversion.
Old 16-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #22
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

That limo reeks of elegance and class, love it!
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #23
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I am the latter as daft as they come scots.. Just needto find some jobsover there prefer offshore tho. Hopefully set somethingup in a year or 2.

Oh and not tried it yet.
The trick is to spread it thinly, like it's caviar. Spread it like jam and no one can eat it.

And if you're looking for offshore jobs, look in the north of Western Australia. All sorts of huge gas projects upcoming.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #24
theoliver
Starter Motor

Love to spot the aussie cars over in the UK.

That herse would be a shocker on the road however
theoliver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2011, 12:55 AM   #25
midnightXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoliver
Love to spot the aussie cars over in the UK.

That herse would be a shocker on the road however
most folk wont care what the hearse looks like when the are lay in the back in a bit of wood lol.

Is that a bit of bad taste joke?
Old 17-01-2011, 01:15 AM   #26
stang65
FPRJET

I think the hearse looks good, but I`m not dying to get in it......lol
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #27
The Snout

Ford Falcon. Taxi cab for the living in oz, Taxi Cab for the dead in the UK.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #28
a-total-tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo
My thoughts exactly, last time I was over the UK, for that coin you would get a late model V8 5 series or E Class, and to be honest there is no comparison between them and the coon.
I would disagree here. If I were in the UK, I would take the falcon over anything euro. It is not about what is better, it would be about what is different/unusual.

It would turn a lot of heards in the street and people would be like WTF, especially if you remove all of the badging from the outside, except for the ford one lol
a-total-tool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #29
JC807
sucksqueezebangblow

stuff being different or unusual, just give me the best car for my money!
Old 17-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #30
Hardtop
XBGT Hardtop

that hearse looks like its for carrying coffins for people wanting to be buried in their wheelchairs, cant knock ya for wanting to live in oz though, ur right its ***** in this country, and with the £ worthless anything from oz is gonna work out expensive,

is it the BA model ute you have? think i've spoken to you before on pistonheads
Hardtop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post