Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-12-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Default Question for the Ambos...

Lo all

Sitting at a set of lights today, it went green but I stayed put as an Ambulance station wagon running lights and siren had run the red and was cautiously making his way across the intersection. Before you ask, no I did not have a problem with his driving. He conducted himself in a very safe and predictable manner.

No, my gripe is with his vehicle. Once clear of the intersection, he nearly punched the loud pedal through the firewall, and the Commodore V6 wailed its little head off and... nothing. The wagon took an eternity to even reach the 60 speed limit again, and then there was another red light.

My question is, why are the heroes charged with saving lives burdened with V6 Commodores and Diesel vans? Is it a budget thing? What is a human life worth nowadays?

If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.