Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-06-2021, 11:28 PM   #3541
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

As much as i like being hypocritical, i got genuinely out hypocritet today.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2021, 02:45 PM   #3542
roKWiz
Cabover nut

When yet another bad driver runs into your work. This is the 3rd culvert a driver has run into.

At least it was an easy fix.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2021, 02:47 PM   #3543
Kicking back

Australia post sent me a text this morning saying a delivery would be arriving today. I had the tracking number and all that jazz. Ive been home all day and nothing. So i checked the tracking details and it says 10:56am unsuccessful delivery. Its something that needs a signature, but there was no ring on the doorbell, no pickup slip either in my letterbox or under the front door or anything. So left in the lurch on that one. Typically if im not home they leave a pickup slip and i head to the post office on the date and after the time on the slip they leave and happy days it. Its kind of annoying.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2021, 03:55 PM   #3544
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Australia post sent me a text this morning saying a delivery would be arriving today. I had the tracking number and all that jazz. Ive been home all day and nothing. So i checked the tracking details and it says 10:56am unsuccessful delivery. Its something that needs a signature, but there was no ring on the doorbell, no pickup slip either in my letterbox or under the front door or anything. So left in the lurch on that one. Typically if im not home they leave a pickup slip and i head to the post office on the date and after the time on the slip they leave and happy days it. Its kind of annoying.
Pretty well all the parcels I get delivered by Ozpost don’t get delivered to me,but I get a message stating that delivery couldn’t be effected.Even though I have seen the post truck drive past my front gate,I have to go the post office to collect
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2021, 04:17 PM   #3545
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Pretty well all the parcels I get delivered by Ozpost don’t get delivered to me,but I get a message stating that delivery couldn’t be effected.Even though I have seen the post truck drive past my front gate,I have to go the post office to collect
Aus post have been really good to me lately. Granted i have a long driveway, i live in a battle axe so its 55m or so from the street, but my letterbox is on the street. And yes its raining, but even not wanting to drive up my driveway, atleast do the justace of dropping the slip in the letterbox. Theres 2 post offices in my suburb, both have a tendency to make people wait in line for reasons that, well, dunno, shouldnt take 30 minutes for 3 people to sign for packages.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:05 PM   #3546
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

stop ya grizzling.
Where I live we dont have or see posties, always get a text 'your parcel is awaiting collection. blah blah blah, At least the staff are excellent and know 99% of their clients by name.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:35 PM   #3547
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
stop ya grizzling.
Where I live we dont have or see posties, always get a text 'your parcel is awaiting collection. blah blah blah, At least the staff are excellent and know 99% of their clients by name.
I got a text from aus post at 17 to 5 to say it was at the toongabbie llc. There are 2 post offices in the toon. So jumped into peak hour traffic and took a punt on the one thats a pain in the hole. Got there 2 minutes before close of business, no slip. Got it right. But its only half the order. Thats annoying. So the order is a phone and a sim card for my kid. So he doesnt know about it, as its a surprise. But i have the phone, but still wait on the sim card. So my kids almost 12, but still, i cant give it to him the phone if he cannot use it. Kinda like gifting a child a toy without batteries.
This user likes this post:
Old 17-06-2021, 02:23 PM   #3548
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
How good am I; figjamfigjamfigjam, bla-bla-bla-bla-bla…
Then the old bugger whips his dacks halfway down when I’m momentarily out of sight and #1’s all over the bathroom and laundry floors, his pants, the continence undies, slippers and socks. And proceeds to shuffle through it all in small circles of anxious distress.

Cleanup now sorted, the drying weather will help.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2021, 04:02 PM   #3549
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Then the old bugger whips his dacks halfway down when I’m momentarily out of sight and #1’s all over the bathroom and laundry floors, his pants, the continence undies, slippers and socks. And proceeds to shuffle through it all in small circles of anxious distress.

Damn, like having a toddler again you're trying to potty train.
4 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #3550
Kicking back

Quote:

I might sound like a broken record. And your old man may not be who he used to be. But appreciate the fact he is still around. As irritating as some things are, he is doing a lot better then my old man who is in a jar. My old man only lasted 65 ½ years. And after doing the maths, it was 65 and ½ to the date, so that didnt make me feel any better.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-07-2021, 08:59 PM   #3551
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't you hate having to deal with people just because they are part of a process? Man in the middle who just pushes the button or ticks a box?

****s me to tears dealing with these "DBA's" at the moment. They seriously are so literal that all they do is run the script and say computer says yes or no. Do **** all else and once that is done the request is closed so raise a new one.

I could do all this myself if I had access but for some reason the powers that be decide this is a better system
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2021, 09:28 PM   #3552
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Don't you hate having to deal with people just because they are part of a process? Man in the middle who just pushes the button or ticks a box?

****s me to tears dealing with these "DBA's" at the moment. They seriously are so literal that all they do is run the script and say computer says yes or no. Do **** all else and once that is done the request is closed so raise a new one.

I could do all this myself if I had access but for some reason the powers that be decide this is a better system
I feel ya pain dude, I really do.........

Cheers King Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #3553
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I feel ya pain dude, I really do.........

Cheers King Billy
The worst part is dealing with wet behind the ears people so keen to be a drone. So ****ing frustrating
2 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 06:53 PM   #3554
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Dropped a floodlight and shattered the glass as I was trying to mount it, racing against the dying day. They’re discontinued.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 09:10 PM   #3555
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Dropped a floodlight and shattered the glass as I was trying to mount it, racing against the dying day. They’re discontinued.
Bet that give you the sh.ts!..lol..

Cheers King Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 09:17 PM   #3556
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Good time to head down the led route then.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 09:40 PM   #3557
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Good time to head down the led route then.
It was an LED floody. The glass is all that’s busted, it’s a metal housing and base. If I can find a flat disc of tempered glass about 160 diameter it will live again. Just back from Bunnings where they were trying to show me the door before even looking for dusty old stock. I hate lazy people almost so much as accidentally breaking stuff!
4 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 09:55 PM   #3558
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kind of reminds when you've cracked some beers and you have forgotten something you need (cooking, DIY etc )and then can't drive to pick it up. **** I hate that
4 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2021, 08:12 PM   #3559
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

An old gent came through the doors 5 min before closing tonight asking what roses we had in stock. Certainly Sir, just this way.

He was chasing a dark red one, I showed him what we had, to which he said, "I think I'll have one of those then". These are loose, bare rooted plants which we pull out of the soil as needed.

I pulled the one out he pointed to, to which he said "no, I don't want one now, I want it next week".

I'm normally quite polite with this sort of thing but at this time of the day, I'm not in the mood. I quite bluntly said to him, "well, you should have came in NEXT week then!"

As I'm digging the rose back into it's place, he then asked me if we had any jobs going?

And with the smell of beer emitted from him, I'm glad we didn't have a job for him!

Ahh, the joys of dealing with the general public!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2021, 08:28 PM   #3560
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah yes the just before or after closing special. I remember this well

But you know what really takes the ****? When you have been closed for hours and some turkey sees the lights on and just thinks I will pull up.

It's like they think you're staying back just to serve them not because you are just trying to catch up with the work when there is no customers around. Can't count the amount of times I hid from these ****s thinking I'm not having this. Especially when they ordered 1 or 2hr service!

The benefit of night is you get the flash of the headlights
2 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2021, 08:35 PM   #3561
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:

But you know what really takes the ****? When you have been closed for hours and some turkey sees the lights on and just thinks I will pull up.

It's like they think you're staying back just to serve them not because you are just trying to catch up with the work when there is no customers around. Can't count the amount of times I hid from these ****s thinking I'm not having this. Especially when they ordered 1 or 2hr service!

Or when you are actually starting to close the gates for the day and a customer asks "are you shutting?"...............hmmm, no just making sure the gate still swings.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2021, 08:45 PM   #3562
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Or when you are actually starting to close the gates for the day and a customer asks "are you shutting?"...............hmmm, no just making sure the gate still swings.
Always ****ed me off when I had already balanced the till, you get a discount for prepay and someone wants to pay cash. Always that one ****!
3 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2021, 06:46 AM   #3563
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
As good as having a long hard day at work in the heat or cold, just as you want to knock off the client appears and wants to chat about their future plans.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2021, 10:31 AM   #3564
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:

Dealing with stupid customers thickens your skin very fast.

When I worked at a Coles at night our boss was pretty good. Gave us the delivery and told us when we finish the rest of the rostered shift was yours.

So, we would work like dogs without break then have 90 minutes at the end where we would sit out the front after midnight and brew coffee on a a camp stove while smoking the 2 foot tall bong and waiting for the allocated staff member to return from his Kebab run.

Almost every night without fail around 12:30 or 1am some tool would park in the empty parking, walk past all the closed doors and turned off lights to the main entry and start yanking on it...

Then he (mostly a he) would realise he just walked past 10 uniformed staff and return to ask if we are open?

No, closed at midnight mate. Oh, aren't you guys 24hrs? Not for many many years mate.. Sorry.

Some that didn't like the reply would call the cops saying we were smoking drugs.. they only came once or twice then didn't bother.

Towards the end when I knew I was leaving I had my fun with the stupid customers. While stacking shelves and wearing the uniform they would ask if I worked here, to which I replied no and kept working....

Anyway.. it takes all kids for the work to work mum always says..

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2021, 11:49 AM   #3565
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

Anyway.. it takes all kids for the work to work mum always says..
It takes all kinds for the world to work... bloody auto correction...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

4 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2021, 11:54 AM   #3566
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
It takes all kinds for the world to work... bloody auto correction...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Geez, I hate apple phones!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2021, 12:45 PM   #3567
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
while smoking the 2 foot tall bong .
ive never seen a two foot bong before. how well did it go?
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2021, 12:58 PM   #3568
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
ive never seen a two foot bong before. how well did it go?
Shisha / Hookah / Argileh / Hubbly Bubbly - whatever you want to call it

Old 10-07-2021, 01:27 PM   #3569
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Shisha / Hookah / Argileh / Hubbly Bubbly - whatever you want to call it

ok, i see. and thats you in the picture, lol.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2021, 04:32 PM   #3570
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
ok, i see. and thats you in the picture, lol.
That ain't me... I enjoy my food much more than that guy

Just after dinner while on a dessert trek in Dubai

5 users like this post: