Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-03-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default JUST BOUGHT A ZETEC - Fiesta Radio Question !!! HELP

I have just bought a Zetec and its awesome great little car....

Just a couple of questions

Does anyone know how to remove the rear panels where the standard speakers are?? is it hard to do??

How much does the body kit cost fully painted, as i didnt have the money to buy it as an option but now i have GT STRIPEs that would look immacullent together.

Can i put 17 inch rims or too big?

I will be posting pixs once the stripes are on

Any help is appreciated

CHeers
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 04:11 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

NICE!!!! yea they are great cars... umm... what colour is it?
where abouts you from?
havent removed the rear panels... so i wouldnt know. With the kit, when i was looking at it it was $1400 without paint, so add about $300 maybe? im guessing. Some people have put 17 inch rims on their car, like superial... but not sure if you can lower it without major mods. Where abouts did you get the stripes from?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 04:15 PM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

oh also, you might want to join the eurofordclub.com... become a member and get to meet other fiesta owners, as well as other euro fords (mainly focus)... hope to see ya around

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 02-03-2005, 04:21 PM   #4
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Teki04

I got the Aquarius color, which i thought was the best looking one. I live in sydney and got the stripes from a special ford dealer, they are original GT Stripes to fit a BA falcon.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 07:05 PM   #5
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With 17's you can lower around 35 before you get rubbing. The larest rims you can get are 19's.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

DAMN!!!!!!!! thats awesome!!!! hey, we gotta meet up if you in sydney then, especially when you get the stripes....i got the aquarius colour zetec as well! with 16s, tint, and i got a rear wing from Wolf installed as well... damn i would love to see those stripes on it when its complete... im from the inner west. Where abouts in syd are you from?

Old 02-03-2005, 11:00 PM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Welcom to the forum ! feel free to post up about anything, if you have any probs with the car we might be able to help u out.
By the way i own a 04 LX Colorado Red fiesta. Hope you enjoy the fiesta as much as we all do!!!
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 07:37 PM   #8
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Welcome!!

I am keen to see what the stripes look like. I have a black Zetec. All stock except tint!
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #9
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Hey MISTA and welcome to the forums... Shoot a Private message to Timmeh or Fordel about eurofordclub.com and i am sure you will be more then welcome to join.

Russ
Old 04-03-2005, 11:35 AM   #10
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Yeah, one of those two names would be me! ;)

Love to see some pictures of your car, you'll definitely have to bring it to a eurofordclub cruise one day.

To answer your question about the bodykit, it cost me $800 for all the work I had done to my Focus, including the rear bar repair, spraying of it and spraying of the whole bodykit (sides, front, rear) and installation of all the pieces, including the fibreglassing of the front bar.

So, I'd expect that just the bodykit spray and install might cost you around 600 odd bucks, installed. I wouldn't pay more than that unless they gave me a really good reason why. Oh, my paint was non metallic, so that might add more, as Aquarius is.

I just re-read your post and noticed that you were asking for the cost of the whole kit as well, what I have outlined was just the spraying and installation of the kit which I had bought previously.

Try other places for bodykits other than Ford, like Sydney Special Vehicles, or Carmate etc.

Tim

Last edited by Timmeh; 04-03-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2005, 11:42 AM   #11
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Try www.carshine.com.au for bodykits as well... though they are in melbourne, they do transport....