Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #61
djmaker

the fine is for a 45km+ excess of speed + dangerous driving.... and for all you guys that say i was speeding i should just take the 150km on the chin just wait till it happens to you and you know how it feels to know your not doing that sort of speed and have a cop take your car keys away from you... theres no excuse for me speeding but i was pist off as i did get kicked out of home and was just pist off which i told the cop and as i said to him and i say to you guys i admit that is no excuse for my speeding but like come on fair enough 127 i admit i was doing it but 150.... is just bull crap for him to even say he was following me for 1km before me relizing him is bull crap to how can you not relize a cop cars bright lights behind you i saw him coming up fast to catch me... so his story is just bull...
djmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #62
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Surely the cop has got it wrong BUT, for so long there has been young, nieve driver's that think they are invinceble, for to long now we see so many vehicle's wrapped around a pole or in incident's with other motorist's, and it's because off these idiot's we have to suffer, it's just the way it is now, they wreck it for the ones that do the right thing, so look at it in the cop's perspective, he's pulled over another young driver exceding the speed limit so really this young driver is now in the same area as all the other young driver's out there that wreck it for us, in the cop's eye's, so if I was the cop, I too would throw the book at you. you were doing nearly 30klm over, why, have you asked yourself why??????.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #63
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

yeah you shouldn't of admitted doing 127kmh... you should of said you were doing the legal limit .. cause if he don't have it on radar than you could get off .. (and having a good attitude)

but he can just give an estimate and he could lie, so you could be worse off ..

1.) don't admit wrong doing
2.) don't have a *ocky attitue (not saying you did)

you could of still have your license even with only 1 point..

bad luck though , just hope you atleast get 6months and not 12months.
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 08:38 PM   #64
EFFalcon
Last warning

is it the cops job to throw the book at you though?
or is it the cops job to do what the law states.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #65
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

cop can do what he wants really, he can erase everything he has written down.. he can give more lenient or more severe punishment..

just like parking inspectors can stop writing a ticket (but they need to fill their quotas) pretty much the same as a cop hehe
Old 05-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #66
nos_james

you should get the fin for 127 but 150 come on i lost my licence for speeding for 6 months and i took it cause i knew i was doing the wrong thing but they should not be abel to pump the charge up because the dont like u. if i was u i would fight it till the end then fight some more
nos_james is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #67
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
IMO: you tell a cop you were doing the legal limit when he has you doing 127, he's gunna consider you being cocky.
by all means don't 'admit' wrong doing, but lying is more then not admitting.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #68
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
1) No way would I lie, I've been let off on things I REALLY shouldn't have been let off for because I told the truth. (I still have all my points and never fined) Had I lied, it might have been, and probably would have been a whole lot different (read walking for a long time)...

2) Dead set, don't ever be cocky.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 08:47 PM   #69
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

instead of saying "i was doing the legal limit"

probably best to say "i am not aware of breaking any laws"
(even if you know you did break law(s)

probably a better approach :P
Old 05-07-2006, 08:51 PM   #70
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nos_james
you should get the fin for 127 but 150 come on i lost my licence for speeding for 6 months and i took it cause i knew i was doing the wrong thing but they should not be abel to pump the charge up because the dont like u. if i was u i would fight it till the end then fight some more
He was truthfully caught doing 27klm over, now to fight the claim off doing 150 klm's when he was allready busted for a lower speed but still highly illegal, and beeing a p plater off only 1month, to fight it to the end he is either going to have to have long deep pocket's or a father in politic's or be a young and inspired AFL player, he has got buckly's off winning and to go as far as he can, I hope he has a LOT off $$$$$$$$.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #71
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I can not believe some off the responses people on here are saying he should do, or what they would have done if it were them, when beeing caught in this situation by a cop, beeing a cocky young p plater is the last thing you should do, what do you think the cop is going to do, some people don't know when to quit.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #72
LUXO_8
windsor user

http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/CA256E...ving+FAQs~&3=~

Quote:
What if I feel my vehicle has been unfairly targeted by authorities?
Laws have been enacted to ensure Victoria Police cannot unfairly target people for vehicle impoundment, immobilisation or forfeiture.

Once a police officer has impounded or immobilised a vehicle, he or she must speedily inform a senior police officer, such as an inspector, about the circumstances of the alleged offence. This senior officer must then enquire into the alleged offence further, and release the car if there are not reasonable grounds for the impoundment or immobilisation.
mate, i feel for you, and know what you're saying....from what ive read on the justice website, the officer must have had reasonable grounds to impound your car, then imediatley notify a senior officer.......

read the link ive pasted fully, it has lots of good info about the whole process
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #73
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
yeah - maybe a respray is in order... drab colour suggestions anyone ?!
Flat Black.
Police love flat black cars
Old 05-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #74
LTDHO
The one and only

You got done speeding after having your licence for 1 month. You desearve to loose ya car for 48 hours. What were you thinking?

I know, I used to spped when I was young (now I sound old) but after the smashes I've seen I have learned to back off.

Sure the Monash is a road that can handle 130plus klms, but you can't!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 09:12 PM   #75
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

127 is still damn fast.

P plates tell everyone that you are in Probabtionary period, if you cant act sensibly for 3 years why are you on the road? If i remember correctly, the little book that you read to get your PROBATIONARY licence states that driving while tired, angry, irritated etc is not a good idea. Find somewhere out of the way if your p****d off to let off some steam, where your not going to lose control of your car and wipe out a family.

As for MADNC_8's comment, you gave the officer reasonable grounds to impound your car, you were doing ATLEAST 27km's above the speed limit. Reason enough in my book.

Totally agree with those that see the sense of you being pulled up.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 09:17 PM   #76
LUXO_8
windsor user

i wasnt denying that he should have been pulled up.....127 is inexcusable and stupid with just 1 month on probation........

but its not 145+ which are the requirements of the impounding
Old 05-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #77
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

i wasnt having a go at you... though im sure i could find reasonable grounds to :P
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #78
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never admit to anything unless they prove otherwise!
most people have a camera phone, make sure pictures are taken of the radar and
Make sure all officers id are noted, make sure that they feel like they are being interigated, demand that they prove that the radar they were using be tested and reliable

I know from past experience in Jan 05 while I was on my P's I got lost 8 demerit points and $750 in 2 days in Barwon Heads (Geelong) by the undercover rent-a-cops that the surfcoast hire over the christmas break.

They claimed that I was doin 65 in a 50 zone, I told them that was physically impossable (so they booked my for speeding in a larger adjasent street for 65 in a 50 zone they pulled me over at the end of the street and they had no way of proving what speed I was doing!, also for "failing to control my vehicle" because my tyre screached on the white line (they claimed there was smoke everywhere) I only had a XD at the time, a "young hoons car" mum's friens use to call it.

The next day I was goin to the beach with my Girlfriend it was a 35C day and I had just put my P plates on the back window before I left 10 minites later in the beach carpark I hear the sierns go ******! Guess what it was the same undercover coppers. They caught be doin 2km/h over limit and for my P plates not being properly displayed as my back plate had fallen down in the heat (just that is 3 demerit points!)
Because I had over 5 points in 12months, I chose to not incurr a fine for 12 months and keep my licence. Ihave got a fine since!

When I first got my licence I use to see how fast my XD could go even overtook my parents doin 150 in the morning (u can just imagine how pleased they were) I would dare do that now the risk isn't worth it

Point is throughout your life someone is goin to **** you over when you least expect it, all you can do is learn from your mistakes

thanks my 5cents worth....
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
bArNsY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #79
Bluemist

There's a lesson in all of this...
DONT SPEED N YOU WONT GET CAUGHT
Bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #80
fo3oz

ha I got let of today. I was driving a big bright yellow KIA pregio van, they're pretty huge you normally can't see around them when stuck behind one.
I was driving down a 60km/h road, probably doing 70km/h, just ahead I saw a thin stripe of fluoro green behind a bus shelter.
I couldn't work out what it was, we don't get many cops with hand held radar/lidar here in WA, mobile speed cameras (mulitnovas) are more frequent, they have small square flouro green signs just after them so you know you passed one, but what I saw was a tall thin strip.
I eased up on the throttle because I was trying to work out what the fluoro green strip was, it could of been a vest worn by a gardener, road worker etc, or a wierd multinova sign. Just as I approached the bus shelter they were behind a cop jumps onto the road and starts flaggin me down, I slow down thinking " here we go, I'm getting down now" and pull onto the verge.
The cop runs around me, and pulls over a holden ute. I didn't know what to think, he jumped out in front of me, but now he's totally ignoring me and talking to the holden driver. After 5 min he comes up and says I'm free to go, I've done nothing wrong and it was the car behind me that was speeding.
I was confused but wasn't going to argue the point. There was no cars infront of me, they had a radar, I was speeding, I'm in a big wide and tall van that would of been their strongest radar signal, and it's almost impossible to see a car around one of these vans.
:
Anyway, makes up for the only speeding fine I have had for years, got caught doing 127km/h in a 110 zone about 2 years ago. Most people were overtaking me, but I got singled out :(
fo3oz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #81
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Learnt alot by reading through this thread. I've had my P's for a year and half now and it was only once that I got caught speeding (103-5km on the Monash). Ever since, I've been driving at 100 or just below and since Victoria is known for it's speed camera's I dare not to cross 100km.

Anyway, back on topic, I'd suggest visiting a lawyer/solictor (I cant differeniate them two) and trying to get some arguments down from different perspectives.

The best of luck mate! Next time don't speed .. and it's alright to let people overtake you and give you glaring looks
Old 05-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #82
EL8TED
It all counts

simple solution take it to the track, we have speed laws for a reason, and you ask any police officer why we do, and he wont hesitate to tell you 50 stories of the things he's seen at accidents, im glad our police are the way they are, as human beings its in our nature to bend the rules to suit us, if we are not given the cahnce to do so, we will sooner learn our lesson. Being 20 myself and seeing the constant wave of idiots on the road, you honestly are not thinking if you are more worried about police than you are some 17yo or 66yo driver who may cause an accident, and if you want to modify your car prepare to have it defected, and stop wasting people's time whinging about how the worlds against you, it's about iem they took a consistent stance on the situation, rather than some people get off and some dont..
Old 05-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #83
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

breaking the law is...

it was bound to appear!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #84
opto
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I havent read all the posts, I can sympathise with the fact that the cop was doing wrong and couldnt proove it as he had a reading of 127, this may hurt you in the hip pocket but its better than being a quadraplegic or brain damaged from a serious accident that may have occured or you could have killed someone in an accident, you have had your P's 1 month, you cannot tell me you have the skill to drive at that speed and react accordingly in an emergency situation.
Tell you the truth what you did was somewhat irresponsible, having a drivers license is a privalige not a given.

You now have 12 months to think about what you have done, walking is good exercise, I hope you live in a good bus area.

Sympathy revoked !
opto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #85
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
i wasnt denying that he should have been pulled up.....127 is inexcusable and stupid with just 1 month on probation........

but its not 145+ which are the requirements of the impounding
Probably a good thing there was no hoon laws when we got caught hey!

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 11:33 PM   #86
FairmontEL
Driftin shopping trolleys

it is kinda bs but i guess not much we can do i know ive tried to change my driving in the past week or so not that i was crazy before but i have sped in my time.. but its just not worth the risk its not that hard to stick to the limit.. just go to the track more often LOL

04 BA XR6T ute
FairmontEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 11:37 PM   #87
jones_aus

ive been done for doing 28km/h over the limit, lost my license for a month.

certainly helps you not speed anymore... cruise control helps too :P
jones_aus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 11:40 PM   #88
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
Probably a good thing there was no hoon laws when we got caught hey!
yeeessss :monkes:
Old 05-07-2006, 11:53 PM   #89
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Hey guys..

Correct me if i am wrong but my understanding of radar/lidar is that it only works if the police vehicle is stationary or coming towards you.. that is they cant get you if you are going the same direction.. they can only judge your speed based on their own speed..

And if this is the case how can they say they clocked old matey who started this thread doing 127???

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 11:55 PM   #90
DJ1979
and then some

sorry, but 127 on the fwy at 7:30pm?
I think you desserve the impound. A couple years ago a driver died when he got "bumped" on Springvale road by a speeding car in his next lane. The hit driver lost his car, ended up in a tree and I nearly got decapitated by the windscreen as it flew 50 metres from the impact. Oh, innocent driver died. I hate to sound like a TAC ad, but speed can kill. One month on P's, 27 over the limit..... i think you had it coming. Be thankful you got caught.
btw, i don't expect to win friends with this reply...
DJ1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post