Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-05-2022, 03:25 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default photos from ph camera file

Samsung A20 phone, I will admit I am not tech savvy and I may have clicked on something.
I used to be able to copy pics from phone and download onto computer or emails etc, but just recently when I go to share/send elsewhere I get
how do you want to open this type of file (.heic)?

have tried everything suggested look for the app in the store... FO.
havent needed that before, what happening what have I done....
Old 29-05-2022, 03:44 PM   #2
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: photos from ph camera file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
Samsung A20 phone, I will admit I am not tech savvy and I may have clicked on something.
I used to be able to copy pics from phone and download onto computer or emails etc, but just recently when I go to share/send elsewhere I get
how do you want to open this type of file (.heic)?

have tried everything suggested look for the app in the store... FO.
havent needed that before, what happening what have I done....
with my A5 i have it setup so camera emblem pops up & then i click on it to open it to which ever part i want to open. however the missus has hers so it just automatically downloads all pics .... somewhere. has your phone recently updated?.

had a quick look re .heic & found -

Why are my photos HEIC instead of JPG?
HEIC is the file format name Apple has chosen for the new HEIF (High Efficiency Image Format) Standard. Using advanced and modern compression methods, it allows photos to be created in smaller file sizes while retaining a higher image quality compared to JPEG/JPG.
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2022, 03:52 PM   #3
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: photos from ph camera file

also

How to Convert HEIC to JPG on Android

On your Android phone, tap the Google Play store and install the Luma App.
Next, open the Luma app on your phone and choose the HEIC to JPG conversion option.
From there, click on the "+" button to be able to select the HEIC files on your Android that you want to convert.

or

How do I change my phone from HEIC to JPG?
How to convert HEIC to JPG on iPhone

Start the Settings app.
Tap Camera.
On the Camera settings page, tap Formats.
Tap Most Compatible.
Start the Settings app.
Tap Photos.
In the Transfer to Mac Or PC section, tap Automatic.
Open the HEIC photo you want to convert in Preview.

or go to - How to disable HEIC Image format?

that may help you better?.
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post