Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #61
crannersEL
Banned

I've heard there is another forum open where some of the e-series members are posting, does anyone have a link to this page?!?

Cause there aint many ppl on here....
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 07:09 PM   #62
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crannersEL
I've heard there is another forum open where some of the e-series members are posting, does anyone have a link to this page?!?

Cause there aint many ppl on here....
Mate im sure you know where they are. Dont think its a good idea to try stir up in here any more.
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 07:15 PM   #63
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzzy_eb5
Mate im sure you know where they are. Dont think its a good idea to try stir up in here any more.
It's ok mate, ive been informed from a nice member via PM about the "other" club.....

Cheers :
Old 05-08-2007, 07:36 PM   #64
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so what is the new web site cranners

jason
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 07:40 PM   #65
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm kool with everything, just the name im not a big fan of, ill live with it if thats whats in, but i prefered "E-Series Owners Club" to be honest, is there any other suggestions for the name ?

- Grechie
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #66
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas
so what is the new web site cranners

jason
I'd rather not disclose on here Jason, could cause problems.....

I'll inform you via Pm or MSN if you want
Old 05-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #67
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

go for it i would like to catch up with you anyway

msn would be good

jason
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #68
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas
go for it i would like to catch up with you anyway

msn would be good

jason
Cheers, chat to you then!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #69
89 S-PACK

more meets on the western side or central melbourne.

i would like to see more dyno days and drag days tho.

or even a central meet point in a park or something and have like a byo bbq...( then we could discuss what we would want as a club?)

ea-dl owners club sounds orright even the e\n\d owners club
but i know early days.

02 (VX) Holden Commodore Equipe series 2 S/wagon.
Manual, Lsd, Catback, Svsi lpg.
still a nice reliable upgrade from the old magna..
89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 09:01 PM   #70
89 S-PACK

how about this. pending members support tho

a sticky or directory of members on msn\yahoo user names so we can chat to each other?
i know mirc is up and running but there would be people that wouldnt be able to download mirc due to the connection speed etc. or being fiddly to set up

02 (VX) Holden Commodore Equipe series 2 S/wagon.
Manual, Lsd, Catback, Svsi lpg.
still a nice reliable upgrade from the old magna..
89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 10:04 PM   #71
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

For those interested, we are currently having a discussion on the mirc channel that efgiar opened for us.

I will post up the results of our collective brainstorm at the conclusion, for everyone to comment on.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #72
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Hang on... Cranners gets banned but Heljas doesn't? When both made the same enquiry?

I guess I'm on thin ice then, since I've mentioned the "other" site multiple times here within the past few days? Feel free to check my post record for the context of my posts: they haven't been blatant advertisements.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #73
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but people are getting banned for simply referring to the 'other' forum? If this is true, can somebody please direct me to the section of the forum guidelines that prohibits this?
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 10:43 PM   #74
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Correct me if I'm wrong, but people are getting banned for simply referring to the 'other' forum? If this is true, can somebody please direct me to the section of the forum guidelines that prohibits this?
Consider yourself corrected then.

He got banned because of another issue not related to this.

If other people want their account closed before they in turn become abusive and childish idiots please feel free to pm me and I will accommodate them enthusiastically.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #75
andrewts
White Car Driver

Hey everybody.

In the IRC chat members of the club are brainstorming ideas for the club and club regualtions, as well as generally chatting to get to know one another. We have come up with some rules that will be posted in this thread for your evaluation, but by all means join us on IRC and give us your ideas. We want the future club to be a club for members, by members, so don't hesitate to voice your opinion!

Click here: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=111667 for the tutorial. If you are having troubles, PM one of us and we will try and help you out.
andrewts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 11:05 PM   #76
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Consider yourself corrected then.

He got banned because of another issue not related to this.

If other people want their account closed before they in turn become abusive and childish idiots please feel free to pm me and I will accommodate them enthusiastically.
I see.

I have read in the past that people have been banned for mentioning the competition. If that is the case, then I pity these forums. However, your post leads me to believe that it isn't the case, which is a relief.

This post by a senior member originally led me to believe otherwise ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Hang on... Cranners gets banned but Heljas doesn't? When both made the same enquiry?

I guess I'm on thin ice then, since I've mentioned the "other" site multiple times here within the past few days? Feel free to check my post record for the context of my posts: they haven't been blatant advertisements.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #77
EA2BA
PM me if you want

People who claim to have been banned for simply mentioning other clubs are not telling the whole story, they would have breached several T&C usually and taken thing too far, what they last post and them being banned are generally not always directly related.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #78
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
For those interested, we are currently having a discussion on the mirc channel that efgiar opened for us.

I will post up the results of our collective brainstorm at the conclusion, for everyone to comment on.
Many great ideas passed around guys, i hope that some of them can be used.
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 12:34 AM   #79
Allen

Default Update!

After some lengthy discussion, we come up with the following points.
Bear in mind that nothing is confirmed yet, I am just posting these up, so everyone has a chance to discuss them.
  • First and foremost, there must be the utmost respect for all laws and road rules.
  • All members must abide by all AFF T&C when posting via the Ford Forums.
  • All members must act in a courteous and respectful manner towards each other, the community and property.
  • Members should respect each other's right to an opinion.
  • Members must own an EA-EL, NA-NL, DA-DL & XG-XH vehicle and have an active intrest in their own and all vehicles within the club. Associate membership will be provided for members who do not own said vehicles, but have an active intrest.
  • All modifications demonstrated by users must be legal and not warrant a defective vehicle notice.
  • All members participating in public meets, must have a minimum of 3rd party insurance.
  • Members must not participate in driving events under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
  • Each new member will undergo a 30 day probationary period where their behaviour will be evaluated for entry to full member status. (This is something we are not sure if we will consider. Teired membership is also an option)
  • A breach of club regulations will result in sanctioning: Sanctions may include - suspension, removal, a probation period etc.

People present at the time of disscussion were:- Andrewts, heljas, juzzyeb5, timtothe2x, xgme, barnsey, wulos, russellw, mothernature, ea2ba, spack89, trick_xd and myself.

At this stage, there has been no discussion about who will be doing what within the club, as it is a little early for that kind of discussion.

Ultimatly, we would like the club to become a large social club, consisting of freinds with a common intrest in the E/N/D cars.

A name for the club is still up in the air.
At the moment, the guys seem fond of the "Ford E/N/D Club of Austraila" Aka "FENDCA" so please let us know what you think, or if you have any other suggestions.

Feel free to discuss these points, or add new points for discussion.

Thanks,
Allen

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 06-08-2007, 12:39 AM   #80
Fordmuscle1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
After some lengthy discussion, we come up with the following points.
Bear in mind that nothing is confirmed yet, I am just posting these up, so everyone has a chance to discuss them.
  • First and foremost, there must be the utmost respect for all laws and road rules.
  • All members must abide by all AFF T&C when posting via the Ford Forums.
  • All members must act in a courteous and respectful manner towards each other, the community and property.
  • Members should respect each other's right to an opinion.
  • Members must own an EA-EL, NA-NL, DA-DL & XG-XH vehicle and have an active intrest in their own and all vehicles within the club. Associate membership will be provided for members who do not own said vehicles, but have an active intrest.
  • All modifications demonstrated by users must be legal and not warrant a defective vehicle notice.
  • All members participating in public meets, must have a minimum of 3rd party insurance.
  • Members must not participate in driving events under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
  • Each new member will undergo a 30 day probationary period where their behaviour will be evaluated for entry to full member status. (This is something we are not sure if we will consider. Teired membership is also an option)
  • A breach of club regulations will result in sanctioning: Sanctions may include - suspension, removal, a probation period etc.

People present at the time of disscussion were:- Andrewts, heljas, juzzyeb5, timtothe2x, xgme, barnsey, wulos, russellw, mothernature, ea2ba, spack89, trick_xd and myself.

At this stage, there has been no discussion about who will be doing what within the club, as it is a little early for that kind of discussion.

Ultimatly, we would like the club to become a large social club, consisting of freinds with a common intrest in the E/N/D cars.

A name for the club is still up in the air.
At the moment, the guys seem fond of the "Ford E/N/D Club of Austraila" Aka "FENDCA" so please let us know what you think, or if you have any other suggestions.

Feel free to discuss these points, or add new points for discussion.

Thanks,
Allen
Hi there. For those potential members who live in other states, what will they be able to contribute to this club? Discussion only or is there more?
1989 F250 V8
Previous Rides
Black G220 Dumped
93 Black ED XR6

04 Territory, 20's, Black, Bling
94 NC Barge, Dumped, 17's
93 EB S, Dumped, 17's

86 Barge, Dumped, 17's
86 Cruiser of Land!
86 XF Wagon, Bull Bar, Raised, Salt Lake cruiser!
82 XE Sedan, Dumped, 15's
74 XB Coupe, 18's
73 XB Sedan
61 XK Wagon, old school.
78 Cortina.

Projects
65 Zephyr, Tubbed, 289, Simmons
65 Mustang LT Project
Fordmuscle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 12:42 AM   #81
Allen

Yes, it is a national club, and is open to people anywhere within the country.

At the moment, the majority of members are in Melbourne, but that doesn't mean that people from other states cannot participate.

In due time, members from other states will be voted in to organise events and other things. At the moment, the focus is setting some ground rules for all.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 06-08-2007, 12:43 AM   #82
EA2BA
PM me if you want

The club is planned to be of Australia, so plently of potential for other state poeple to be heavily involved, alwasy has been and should always be that way.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:49 AM   #83
andrewts
White Car Driver

We would hope to have participation from all over Australia without a doubt, this is the Ford E/N/D Club of Australia afterall, not just Victoria. ;)

As for how we do that, there is a possibility that we can have elected members to represent regions, and perhaps states (sort of like a hierarchy) but as has been said, it is still early days. Everything we want to do has to be given the OK by the site directors, who we are actively communicating with.

Please, by all means everyone if you have comments, concerns or queries don't hesitate to ask in this thread, or join us on IRC! This is your club so let us know what you want from it!

Cheers
Old 06-08-2007, 05:34 AM   #84
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Idea # 2 this url is available and covers an australia wide base and thene with a twist on wording

It also leads to

Oze crusin
Oze mods
Oze general

etc etc

LOL back in my box
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #85
andrewts
White Car Driver

Looks alright as well.

We will be making a new thread in the coming days with a cleaner summary of everyone's ideas so far that we can open to commenting for everyone, and you can add ideas for names and rules if you want.

In the end, we wll be getting people to vote on the name they like the best.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #86
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would hope that there will be more than just Victorian members. I for one am one, Im in NSW and have one of my sons in Qld. We are both participating.

There is currently cruise ideas in most states in the meets section at the moment and I have no fear that this will stay the same ;)
MotherNature is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #87
efgiar
rofl copter

well looks like alot happened when i went to bed! ;) lol. good work guys, at least we have a start and move onto the next thing.

Have a decision been made if there will be fees or not. or will we have to put sponsors on?

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #88
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
well looks like alot happened when i went to bed! ;) lol. good work guys, at least we have a start and move onto the next thing.

Have a decision been made if there will be fees or not. or will we have to put sponsors on?
Sponsors or not will be a decision later on, fees will be charged for those wanting to be a full member and have voting rights, those you wont to be an associate only will be a very very small nominal fee or possibly no fee, but again these things have to be decided.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #89
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Idea # 2 this url is available and covers an australia wide base and thene with a twist on wording

It also leads to

Oze crusin
Oze mods
Oze general

etc etc

LOL back in my box
Doc while that may be avaliable, I would hope we can get away from eseries in any reference, we dont want to be confused with the old club, and would like a fresh start with a new fresh name.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #90
andrewts
White Car Driver

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar

As far as decisions go, everything is still up in the air, but we have plenty of ideas!

For your information,

We were conetemplating something like an annual $5 commitment fee, which isn't too much but it would act as a filter for keeping random people from coming in and misbehaving. There would be provisions for additional donations, as well (of course!). If users just want to come in and ask a question then associate membership may be the thing for them. Hopefully it is set up in a way that doesn't pressure you to become a paying member.

Also, we were thinking about (this one will have to be run by the admin when it comes down to crunch time) where we would have tiered membership. Paying members would have voting rights (not forum polls, but for example electing officials or something) and other members (associate members) who just wanna chat or ask questions occasinally would be able to do so.

Ermmm yeah, like I said earlier, there should be a thread in the next few days with everything jotted down to read through and discuss.

Cheers