Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-08-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Default OzE Cruisers Club Ideas

With the formation of a new club catering for enthusiasts of the EA-EL, NA-NL & DA-DL model ranges, we need everyone to voice their opinions about what they would like the club to become.

Bear in mind that as enthusiasts, we should have the same level of respect for other members and their cars, regardless of weather they may be stock or modified.

So, please give any ideas you may have about the future of this club. What can we incorporate into it, to make it the best place for owners of these cars?

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have made this thread a sticky for a time so it can be seen by all who come in.

I ask that everyone who has comments or thoughts to let us know so the club can be moulded in a way that is wanted by the masses not just a few.

Of course there will be some suggestions I envisage that will be not possible and others that will stand immediately, what we must remember is that we dont need to criticise others for an idea if you dont agree with it.

Lets use this thread to really get all of our ideas out there.

My first queston is what sub-forums do we really want??
MotherNature is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #3
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 
Default E/N/D Club - Suggestions / requests / Ideas

Most people would have a fair idea of what they want out of this new club. So let's hear it. Please keep comments positive, and above the line.
What would make the PERFECT EA-EL, NA-NL, DA-DL club?

A few of the things that I feel are important are:
An environment where ALL members feel at home, regardless of whether they've owned a highly modified variant for years, or not. If they are an enthusiast of the constituent models then they should be able to talk as an equal without fear of being looked down upon.
Acknowledging the fact that there are people from all walks of life that own E/N/D vehicles, it is important that the club is accessible to all, regardless of whether they are super rich, or struggling for funds. ie need to keep a close eye on keeping the club affordable.
Regular cruises / mini-meets, and social activities are a great way to get to know fellow members, however, we need to keep the club available to persons from ALL and any area. Due to their geographical location, there is NO WAY that all members will be able to attend each and every event scheduled as an official club event. It is entirely possible that some members may be unable to attend any meets at all.
I believe that as with ANY club it is essential that we act in a responsible, community orientated manner. This means following relevant laws & legislation (ie no illegal driving activities / modifications) Further to this I believe that the club in return should provide good driver training and education, as well as constituent vehicle information. As a community orientated club, somewhere down the track we could well look at involvement in charity fund raising etc.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
efgiar
rofl copter

well ill start by saying mainly in the meets thread, doing a big clean up, keep the ones relative to the new club and ones that are still active... doing a clean up in the workshop builds would be a good idea, to keep it a bit simpler. the technical stuff is all good.

a list of what is needed to be done should be formed as a check list so that the club can get started as soon as possible and running smoothly as soon as possible

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #5
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

It is intended to allow the remaining E series cruise threads to run their course, and for only 'club orientated cruises to be posted in the future.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #6
efgiar
rofl copter

so the transition of the old club cruises will be complete when the dates of those cruises have passed?

thats all
Old 04-08-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
wulos
Forum Director

That is what is planned, as inevitably there will be members of our new club, that have already expressed an interest in attentind these previously organised events with the E Series Club.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #8
efgiar
rofl copter

well in regards to the workshop builds thread, cleaning that up. as some of the member havnt been here for a while.some of the threads are useful but alost arnt and alot are allready covered by technical documents.

thats all
Old 04-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #9
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
An environment where ALL members feel at home, regardless of whether they've owned a highly modified variant for years, or not. If they are an enthusiast of the constituent models then they should be able to talk as an equal without fear of being looked down upon.
I totally agree on this. It is for this reason that I voluntarily got myself banned on those other e-series forums.

An EA-DL for sale section would be nice too. The AFF sale yards aren't too bad but you have to sort between EA-DL and other models. With the popularity of them, a thread can be pushed onto the second page within a day of starting it, hence why I believe EA-DL should have it's own.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have to agree with EFGIAR on this one a good clean out would be in order

the for sale section sounds good but i think that if we get one all the other sections will want as well also the time for it to be implimented and looked after just adds extra work for the people that have to do all the work

jason
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #11
Allen

Specific for sale threads are hard to implement though. Where would items such as wheels, tyres and car audio etc go? They are not only common to the 90's Fords.

I think the current AFF for sale forums are more than adequate, you just have to persevere with them and search through them.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 04-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #12
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

same as i said in the other thread

lets not let clicky groups over take the passion we have

jason
Old 04-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #13
Allen

Well, lets get some ideas flowing...

Firstly, we need to know who our members are, thus we need someone to take the responsibility of membership officer.
It wouldn't have to be anything fancy, just a list of people's AFF user names to begin with.

I guess at a later stage we could create a locked sticky thread that the membership officer would create and maintain with members, a short introduction and car pics from the new members.

Then I suppose we need someone to organise local events. Although this can be done by anyone within the club, it would be good to have the "official" meets and cruises on a regular basis.
My suggestion for this, would be to have small meets in varying locations, i.e. Eastside one week, West side the next, CBD, Geelong & Northern suburbs etc.

This would ensure that everyone has a fair chance of getting to a meet, and not having members constantly cruising to the other side of the city week after week.

Major events could be arranged on a monthly basis, pending the amount of other events going on at the same time.

Anybody else have any suggestions? Or anything else they would like to add?

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 04-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #14
wulos
Forum Director

Lets not jump the gun on appointing specific individuals. We need to determine how many members, as well as agreeing on direction etc before we get to that stage.
Also as pointed out above meets/cruises/events etc will NOT be limited solely to Melbourne.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #15
Allen

Of course, I'm just trying to throw some issues up for discussion.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 04-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #16
efgiar
rofl copter

well can we get the gist of what directions there are to take?

thats all
Old 04-08-2007, 06:22 PM   #17
wulos
Forum Director

The direction is up to the general membership
What do people want out of this club?
Old 04-08-2007, 06:29 PM   #18
efgiar
rofl copter

a club with cruises and outings is my vote. simplicity saves arguments did you have any thoughts about what directions there are? not sure on what other ways there are as i only really know of 1

thats all
Old 04-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #19
wulos
Forum Director

k, what SORT of cruises/outings? This is meant to be a brainstorming exercise to get as many wide and diverse ideas (within reason of course)
Old 04-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #20
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think we need to get people to state what area they are in as well in the members thread then we all might be able to put together a centeral meet so we can talk about what we all want from here on

jason
Old 04-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #21
wulos
Forum Director

Should state / physical location be a restricting factor in what happens???? I mean sure it's fine to have regional events and all, but shouldn't we be looking at the much larger picture as well? Or should we be looking at placing geographical boundaries on membership?
Old 04-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #22
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Should state / physical location be a restricting factor in what happens???? I mean sure it's fine to have regional events and all, but shouldn't we be looking at the much larger picture as well? Or should we be looking at placing geographical boundaries on membership?
I think Jas just means in order to make a meet point that is as central as possible to as many members as possible.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #23
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas
same as i said in the other thread

lets not let clicky groups over take the passion we have

jason
This is important...
I belive this is what lead to the downfall and split. But how do we as a group stop this from happening again?
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #24
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
I think Jas just means in order to make a meet point that is as central as possible to as many members as possible.
yeh thats kind of what i was thinking

if we can get 1 or 2 people with mobile internet per state region then no matter what state/region we are in we all could have an input tawards the direction of this club

i will put my hand up for the mobile internet here in geelong or melb

jason
Old 04-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #25
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzzy_eb5
This is important...
I belive this is what lead to the downfall and split. But how do we as a group stop this from happening again?
Juzz it is important but not really an issue atm

what we need to is to sort out is the people who want to be a real part of this great venture

jason
Old 04-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #26
wulos
Forum Director

Without having a clear idea of which way things will go it is impossible for people to decide if they are wanting to be a part of it or not.
Hence the reasoning behind getting ideas / suggestions / likes / dislikes sorted out first.
We can worry about names / numbers etc later.
We are getting a bit off track though - what are people after out of an EA-EL, NA-NL, DA-DL club.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:20 PM   #27
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
Specific for sale threads are hard to implement though. Where would items such as wheels, tyres and car audio etc go? They are not only common to the 90's Fords.

I think the current AFF for sale forums are more than adequate, you just have to persevere with them and search through them.

Thats true i think the sale threads are ok just be patiant and you'll find what you need.

As for searching for tech threads does get quite frustruting so this merge is a great idea.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #28
Justin@
Banned

I say leave it as it is, it has worked well up to now. Name needs to be changed and some more regional events would be good too.
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #29
MIEF9640

Thumbs up Ideas

I have just sent a PM to LTDHO without realising this was here must be an age thing I suppose. With the new logo's incorporate the region similar to my post for the meet tonight (ie:western region) then when we have a all area meet people will be able to better relate to where each member is from and too that member's in the same area may not realise who is in their area helping to create better freindships and the like.....A lot of effort has gone into organising this meet point so I am more than happy to continue with it and liase with the manager of Bunning's and with the lacal boy's in blue if you want at the end af the day it is about getting together and having a good time. The carpark is capable of 100 plus cars and lit till 9-9.30 making it a reasonable depart point and is an area we can actually stand under out of the rain maybe a bit of wind break also good lighting for photo's even to the extremities of the carpark..Ian

Last edited by MIEF9640; 04-08-2007 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention
MIEF9640 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #30
efgiar
rofl copter

Quote:
k, what SORT of cruises/outings? This is meant to be a brainstorming exercise to get as many wide and diverse ideas (within reason of course)
cruises... going from meet point A to meet point B and having a joyful drive. many city ones are hard because of traffic but wont exclude them from the cruises of course. outings like go karts, drive ins, going out for a meal etc etc. the sky is the limit

thats all