Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default Pedals & Scuff plate opinions!!

Howdy PPLS,

Im not too sure about having the red st on the scuff plates. Sure if the fez was red then it would look sick, but its not. I was planning on getting some custom stickers done to put over it but its a bit expensive.

Also the cheap **** pedals i bought were a bit hard to install as the clips on the back were too big even for the massive brake pedal, so as u can see in the photo i had to leave the rubber on for the pedal to securly fit.

Any feedback on this would be great.

BTW my car isnt always dirty

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 07-10-2005 at 04:58 PM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 04:54 PM   #2
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks good (: ^___^
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 05:46 PM   #3
Danny
GT4.

It aint an ST so yeh no sure about the scuff plates, that said though, they look damn great!

The pedals however are a lil cheap looking and clearly dont fit properly. The aluminium bit is too big for the ****y accelerator pedal and doesnt fit its curvature, you may want to look for comething smaller that fits into the curved contour of the pedal itself. I made the same mistake and had to take my first set of pedals back (Just said that they didnt fit). Mine look almost stock. Heres a Pic, I know its manual but they made my pedals for auto as well..

Mate, but if you like the look of your pedals, than Keep em! Dun listen to me!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 05:56 PM   #4
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
It aint an ST so yeh no sure about the scuff plates, that said though, they look damn great! !
- Thats the way i feel, but i dont mind it at the moment, maybe i can get FIESTA done in the same style so it all matches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
The pedals however are a lil cheap looking and clearly dont fit properly. The aluminium bit is too big for the ****y accelerator pedal and doesnt fit its curvature, you may want to look for comething smaller that fits into the curved contour of the pedal itself. I made the same mistake and had to take my first set of pedals back (Just said that they didnt fit). Mine look almost stock. Heres a Pic, I know its manual but they made my pedals for auto as well..
- I also agree, I think i was like " just put them on cuase they will look hot" b4 realising that they just dont work.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
joshf2
striped

i dont know how well any other stickers will fit, cause if you look at the grey middle stripe, it goes all the way next to the ST letters.

if you get a bigger word, wont they cover the grey stripe?

if you do go for the stickers, i can probably get a mate to do them pretty cheap, he did my stripes...
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 10:32 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

I like the scuff plates - the hell with the purists. My Focus will look like an RS if i can swing it - do i care what people say? no! want something different!

The red looks good against the blue.

The pedals, well, Id go for another set made to suit I think.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:04 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I like the scuff plates - the hell with the purists. My Focus will look like an RS if i can swing it - do i care what people say? no! want something different!
So do you like XR6s with GT stripes?

Dont want to hog the thread... just a question

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2005, 12:07 AM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
So do you like XR6s with GT stripes?

Dont want to hog the thread... just a question
I see where you're going with that but I'll answer it this way:-

Look at it on a car by car basis. Some XR8's ive seen with stripes look damn nice, some look awful. Engine size has nothing to do with that. Im tlaking about looks.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:37 AM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default scuff plates and pedals.... opinions

Hey damo,

I really like the scuffies, i ordered the same ones, they arrived a couple weeks back. and yes the red sticker on the scuff does look realllly nice on the colorado red fiesta.
but having said that i think it looks great on aquarius aswell. id keep it like that, simple, subtle and classy ;)

pedals look alright too, really hard finding ones that look the goods and actually fit. good try !
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #10
FlaminFiesta

i got chunky black ones with BLACK on them they look tough lol and nice

i got some pics up not the best lol but there are some here of my lights and my plates

http://home.exetel.com.au/sarathy/Plates%20n%20Lights/
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 10:05 AM   #11
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice indicators (: the whole red interior looks way better than black
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 12:01 PM   #12
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

flamin... not sure if i realllly like the scuffies. just a bit random thats all
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #13
azza1
black zetec

I think I'll buy some MOMO ones from car toys
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 07:32 PM   #14
FlaminFiesta

yeh im thinking they need a nice zetec on em hehe
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post