Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 17-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #61
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

when new colours come out, send the letter back to Ford for a please explain.....or send to the local paper
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

Old 20-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #62
Mr S'side Ford

Good afternoon guys, as a Ford salesman here in Brisbane i can tell you that the new blue colour is called Ocean, and we have it in stock now.
some of the other colours are...Verdigris - Green(aqua), Viola - Purple, & Frozen White.

Viola is coming out early next year as is the Fiesta Zetec 5 door, we already have some on order.

hope this clears up some of the questions.

dave
Old 20-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #63
Mr S'side Ford

if any one has any questions feel free to drop me a message.

regards

dave
Old 20-11-2006, 08:05 PM   #64
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hey Dave.

So, the Zetec will come here as a 5door? WOW. Is the Ghia getting dropped then?

Any additional safety features available on the Zetec?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 20-11-2006, 08:12 PM   #65
0xyg3n

could be droping the 3dr zetec for the XR4 :P
Old 20-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #66
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont think it's a good move to bring in the 5-dr Zetec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
could be droping the 3dr zetec for the XR4 :P
Doubt it they gonna drop the 3-dr Zetec.
Old 20-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #67
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
I dont think it's a good move to bring in the 5-dr Zetec.
I think it is a great idea, and possibly why Ford have lost quite a bit of sales.

Remember, the Ghia is aiming for a prestige small hatch back look.

When you think Yaris YRX and Jazz VTiS, these are sporty 5 door hatches with alloys. If you want a 5dr Fiesta with std alloys and other features, you can only get the Ghia which is priced high above $20k. So, bringing the 5dr Zetec is almost like bringing back some young people to the brand who are after more space/versatility. I think it will be great value, and should sell well too!

Remember also that the ABS will then be standard on the 5dr Manual Zetec (assuming it's like the 3dr versions) and will therefore have the alloys standard too.

Go Ford! Now, just give us the XR4 will you!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 20-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #68
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
I think it is a great idea, and possibly why Ford have lost quite a bit of sales.

.........young people .....who are after more space/versatility.
Hmm, and how much more sales would Ford looking to get with that in mind? .... in other words, I dont think there would be many young ppl that REALLY concerns about space/versatility when buying small cars. Let alone a spacious/versatile sporty 5-door hatch.

Quote:
Remember also that the ABS will then be standard on the 5dr Manual Zetec (assuming it's like the 3dr versions) and will therefore have the alloys standard too.
Going back to your post regarding "young people that are after more space/versatility".... I think those kind of young people would more likely to buy auto... which means... standard ABS and EBD.

Quote:
When you think Yaris YRX and Jazz VTiS, these are sporty 5 door hatches with alloys. If you want a 5dr Fiesta with std alloys and other features, you can only get the Ghia which is priced high above $20k.
Fiesta Ghia 5-door = RRP $20,490
Yaris YRX 5-door = RRP $20,590
Jazz VTi-S 5-door = RRP $20,590

They're priced VERY similar... however you mentioned something about "sporty 5-door hatch"... Fiesta Ghia isn't quite "sporty". So you have a good point saying the sporty 5-door Zetec would be better value against those cars mentioned above.

Last edited by HyperKid; 20-11-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 20-11-2006, 09:10 PM   #69
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
They're priced VERY similar... however you mentioned something about "sporty 5-door hatch"... Fiesta Ghia isn't quite "sporty". So you have a good point saying the sporty 5-door Zetec would be better value against those cars mentioned above.
Exactly my point. If I can begin to see as many Fiesta Zetec 5drs as I do Jazz VTiS (doubt it!) I'm sure we will all be happy campers!

Given the price difference of the 3drs, the Zetec 5dr should be priced at $18,990!

Old 20-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #70
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the world's ending when Ford Aus is bringing in the Fiesta sedan. (to compete with Yaris, Barina sedans).
Old 20-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #71
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
I think the world's ending when Ford Aus is bringing in the Fiesta sedan. (to compete with Yaris, Barina sedans).
Omg, I hope they don't! :

Old 20-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #72
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Just thought about it another way. Maybe they are having a dig at Swift sales?

Remember, the Swift is 5dr only, and sells extremely well! I see just as many SwiftS as I do normal Swift models... So, bring it on!

Old 20-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #73
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

The brazilian sedan or Indian sedan?
Old 20-11-2006, 11:48 PM   #74
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Sporty hatches should have 3 doors. 5 doors will always be shopping trolleys imho. Thats why I went for a Zetec & didn't even look at a Swift.
Old 21-11-2006, 12:55 AM   #75
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
Sporty hatches should have 3 doors. 5 doors will always be shopping trolleys imho. Thats why I went for a Zetec & didn't even look at a Swift.
There are heaps of Hot Hatches coming in 5 doors at the moment :

Also, you don't have to buy it... but others do, so that Ford can increase their profits, and bring us the XR4!

Old 21-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #76
91Laser
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr S'side Ford
Good afternoon guys, as a Ford salesman here in Brisbane i can tell you that the new blue colour is called Ocean, and we have it in stock now.
some of the other colours are...Verdigris - Green(aqua), Viola - Purple, & Frozen White.

Viola is coming out early next year as is the Fiesta Zetec 5 door, we already have some on order.

hope this clears up some of the questions.

dave
Hi Dave,

A few questions for you.
Will the 5 dr Zetec be here by April and do you know the price of the car?. Also, has Ford dropped the Sub-Lime colour?.

I just received an European Fiesta brochure and it is 68 pages thick!.

Regards,

Rob
Old 21-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #77
91Laser
Starter Motor

Smile

Quote:
Hi,

I just like to say that you can give me one of those "shopping trolleys" anyday. I'll be more than happy to pick one up for the school race as i need those 5 doors :eclipsee_ . If i didn't need one for the kids, i'll get a 3 door too but that is not the case for another few years. Bring on the shopping trolley in frozen white!.

Regards,

Rob
Old 21-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #78
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Laser
I just received an European Fiesta brochure and it is 68 pages thick!.
Rob, how do you go about getting the euro brochure? I'm interested in getting one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Laser
If i didn't need one for the kids, i'll get a 3 door
There are big enough opening for anyone (well maybe except sumo wrestlers) to easily go in and out of the backseat.
Old 21-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #79
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I'm sure a lot of people could use a 5 door. I don't want or need one though.
These cars, Swift, Colt, XR5/ST, Golf GTI, are available as 3 doors. Just not in Oz.
Old 21-11-2006, 07:18 PM   #80
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
There are big enough opening for anyone (well maybe except sumo wrestlers) to easily go in and out of the backseat.
Logically when you think about the hassle of having to get OUT of the car to drop the kids off (i.e. front passenger needs to get out before the kids in the back can), and the amount of times you'd be doing that, you'd soon realise the need for a 5dr!

Not only that, but even if the front seat is free, the kids need to carefully open the front door by stretching and then get out of the car... and kids being kids, and the front door being long and heavy, I can see the door hitting heaps of parked cars :gren:

So, I say, for the sake of people with kids, give us the 5dr!

Old 21-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #81
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
I'm sure a lot of people could use a 5 door. I don't want or need one though.
These cars, Swift, Colt, XR5/ST, Golf GTI, are available as 3 doors. Just not in Oz.
I've only ever had 3drs too!

But, I'm just saying that other people like 5drs for the practicality, and I wouldn't disregard the XR5T just because it has 5drs and not 3.

Also... the Golf GTI 3dr is now out here! $38,490 or something rather. My local dealer has two on their showroom floor, and the Sydney Motor Show had one in red!

Old 21-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #82
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

3 door GTI you say? Hmmm. Might have to have a look now.
Old 21-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #83
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Teki do you really need 2 seperate posts that are 1 minute apart?
Old 21-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #84
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Teki do you really need 2 seperate posts that are 1 minute apart?

Hehe, how did I know you'd complain! Hence I left it.

But, if you must know,

Whilst I was writing my post (6.18pm), John got his smaller reply in at 6.17pm (which wasn't on my screen as I was writing the 6.18pm reply which obviously would take longer then John's!), so after I clicked 'send' I noticed John's 6.17pm post, and posted my reply to that at 6.19pm

Now, I really don't understand why I have to really explain myself to you.

But, since I apparently do, would you like to tell us all why you have TWO accounts? Piotr and Pieoter? :

Old 21-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #85
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Its called an edit function.
Old 21-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #86
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

I have 2 account because people thought my real name was Pieoter which it isn't.

And you don't have to explain yourself to me you chose to.
Old 21-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #87
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Its called an edit function.
Still didn't answer my question.

Also, what if Hyperkid would pressed 'quote' whilst I was replying to John's post? Then my 'edit' could have gone unnoticed :

*EDIT* OK, soooooo, your allowed to post twice within a few minutes? :

Quote:
I have 2 account because people thought my real name was Pieoter which it isn't.

And you don't have to explain yourself to me you chose to.
I think you should lead by example and learn to press the 'edit' button

Old 21-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #88
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Ill lead by example and not reply to your useless dribble
Old 21-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #89
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Ill lead by example and not reply to your useless dribble
Seems more like a double standard to me.

Oh, and what useful stuff have you mentioned in this thread?

I'm sorry, but all I remember was making a remark to me.

Maybe it's time to read this;

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=74357

*EDIT*

Sorry Pieoter :

You did post something useful

Quote:
The brazilian sedan or Indian sedan?
Although, it was sort of irrelevant given we were discussing the 5dr Zetec and Hyper mentioned they shouldn't bring a Sedan here. What difference would the country of manufacture make?

Last edited by Teki04; 21-11-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 21-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #90
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Pie,

Dont start with this rubbish mate.

I would have thought someone of you're age would be quite over the whole immaturity thing _
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Closed Thread