Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #61
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
That's realistic, we have both a Fiesta and a Commodore, I've never failed to have a part next day ever for a Commodore. I'm not biased against any company, that's just how it is. I call the parts guy and he tells me it'll be there the next day and it allways has been. The Fiesta is a great car, but there's no use defending a company that doesn't have parts in stock just because your a Ford only fan. If someone wants to give me the money I will be happy to demonstrate a brand new 6.0 litre L98 arrive on the truck tomorrow
I'm not arguing Ford's service might not be up to standard as I don't know (I've never needed a spare part for any of my Fords). Also there is no need to assume I am a "Ford only fan", I've driven many other brands and would not think twice about buying some of them, I simply am bias towards whichever car makes the best for a certain use and at a certain price. The reason I drive Falcon's is because they are simply better in almost every way, but there is certainly Fords that I wouldn't buy, so don't jump to conclusions. But I still find it very hard to believe that you could have every part for a VE the next day, and it is highly possible you may have been lucky, and it would also depend on what dealer you were going to, and even what time of year it was.
But I don't want to argue, I was stating my opinion. Another thread, another time.

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Joshmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #62
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To note, every part I've asked Ford Australia to get, which I've ordered from my Ford dealer for both Fiestas, has been in stock or normally is in stock by two days. Price was horrible, but I had most of my things within two days, if not earlier. I have ordered a Master Cylinder for the clutch in the WP, and it was in stock.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #63
shroomies49

Update 90000000:

Due to warrenty part numbers or some BS, they cant take the timing belt cover off another fez......(not f^&%*&$ happy)

so im still waiting for parts...

they've had my car since feb 12

*cry*

=(
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #64
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomies49
Update 90000000:

Due to warrenty part numbers or some BS, they cant take the timing belt cover off another fez......(not f^&%*&$ happy)

so im still waiting for parts...

they've had my car since feb 12

*cry*

=(

sounds like someone is getting a nice fob off especially just before a weekend.

you need to start serving up some curry
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2010, 02:27 AM   #65
Festy
WS Fiesta 5Dr Manual

At the risk of repeating myself, Ford should be in major public relations recovery mode on this one. Shroomies, its downright disgusting that you are being put through this.
If you could somehow interest the media on this, bet it wouldn't take long for Ford to find you a new vehicle. So what if they have to eat money on this. With only 250kms on it, your car could easily become a demonstrator once repaired.
Festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2010, 03:02 AM   #66
shroomies49

Well they certainly ruined my first new car experience....
Old 06-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #67
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd go and see a solicitor if I were you, get the solicitor to write Ford Australia a letter demanding a brand new replacement vehicle.

This is the very sort of story "A Current Affair" or "Today Tonight" would love to get their hands on.

No way would I accept a rebuilt engine as a fix ... you bought a brand new car and that is what you should be getting .. not a rebuilt one!
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #68
Fi.ES.TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
I'd go and see a solicitor if I were you, get the solicitor to write Ford Australia a letter demanding a brand new replacement vehicle.

This is the very sort of story "A Current Affair" or "Today Tonight" would love to get their hands on.

No way would I accept a rebuilt engine as a fix ... you bought a brand new car and that is what you should be getting .. not a rebuilt one!
This is it exactly what i would be doing,bit of media on the scene and i can garauntee the problem will be resolved pretty quick.Its pretty disgusting what ford are doing there is no need for it,they take your money and run.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #69
Spinner77

Tenille,

Before doing anything else, I strongly recommend you do this. It will not cost a cent.

And any further action you may take will require you to have done it anyway.

The way the system works is that you must make your first complaint to the manufacturer, if they have a complaints process, which Ford does.

Phone Ford:

Ford Customer Relationship Centre
Phone: 13 FORD (13 3673)

Tell them the story. Get the name of the person you speak to, and get a complaint number (which they should give you without your asking). Make the point that what you are expected to put up with is more than unreasonable; it is outrageous.

Make sure you state what want in settlement. If it were me, I would say a brand new vehicle. That sets the ambit of your claim at the high end. Ask them to get back to you in 24 hours. Make a written note of your discussion.

If you hear nothing back after 48 hours, phone the office of your State Member of Parliament. Ask someone there to phone Ford complaints, using the complaint no. you will have been given. The staff in polies' offices do this sort of thing every day. (The better ones even have contacts at Ford and Holden.) If you meet reluctance, ask who their contact is in the Queensland Fair Trading Office.

And if you're not getting answers, keep phoning back. It's the squeaky wheel that gets oiled. Don't be shy.

But the key thing to do first is to complain to Ford Australia. Without doing that, I think you will find that nobody will want to take much interest.
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #70
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

+1

Digger has it all there... Get it cranking!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 02:53 AM   #71
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep please get the courage up to go through with that ^, I've been thinking about this alot and the only fair thing I can see is for the car to be replaced. At least don't pick your car up just yet even if it's been finished
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #72
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guarantee you that the pre-sale/delivery check list includes checking of the belts, no one ever does however. But the fact it should of been picked up is the issue
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #73
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Update 3:

Awaiting head to return.. The major hold up atm is the cover for the timing belt, to put is "bluntly" there are apparently NONE, it could take up to another month to get one in...(if that happens shoot me i'm done) apprantly tho if push comes to shove .. they might take one out of a Fez in the yard...(Big If??)

So far for parts (if not under warranty $1000+) its only cost ford $500 approx to fix .. tack on (atm) 14hrs labour.. ($)

So it looks like I won't be getting my car back this week after all

*cry*

very disappointed...

Tenille
Thats odd with not borrowing parts from another car on the lot, at my work (Honda), if spare parts doesn't have something in stock for a repair, we'll take it off the service manager's company car first (if its the same model) or raid our used car/new car lot then get the customer back in to swap it over with a new part when it comes into spares. We've got this "Fix it right the first time" statistic and management is really trying to do everything right by the customer to make us look good.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #74
shroomies49

Stupid public holiday in Melb!!

have to wait till tomorrow with an update on the cover, which is all they are waiting on now... If they cant get it by the end of the week.. they have 5 days to get me a new bloody car!

my patience is gone...
Old 08-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #75
trento
Audiophile

Good for you Tenille. And they should throw in a few extras

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #76
Fled74
The Thread Killa

It's absolutely disgraceful how your dealer has treated you. They should have immediately gone into damage control mode and issued you a brand new car instead of stringing you along.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #77
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Shroomies49: Ford are under NO obligation to give you a new car. The options are they fix all problems with it OR if you push really hard you can have the deal void and you get your money back.

Realistically you should just demand a free hire car for the inconvenience.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #78
Spinner77

Forgive me for saying so, but what Ford is obliged to do is really beside the point.

The question Ford faces is what it has to do to shut the complainant up. That's the key.

If the CEO starts to get phone calls from pollies, or TV stations, then, "Houston, we have a problem".

And if it takes a new car to get the heat off, it is a small price to pay in the scheme of things. Of course, amusing el cheapo options, like a free hire car, will be offered first. Some poor punters might gratefully accept them, and the guys in complaints will wipe their brows with relief.

I must say that if I got an out-of-box failure for a $25k server, I know that alarm bells would go off at the manufacturer, and I would get a new one the next day.

But I don't know how the car industry deals with such potentially brand-bruising incidents.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #79
xr8territory
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In 1998 I purchased a new XR8 ute from a dealer in western new south wales. I waited 2 weeks for delivery and happened to see it on the truck getting delivered. I was so excited to see it and stopped to have a good look at it. To my horror it had a small dent on the rear tailgate. They explained that this often happens in transit. So another week later I took delivery. Anyway took car to a mates panel shop to drool over, stare at engine etc etc and then he says ' the front of this ute has been resprayed. Then we had a really good look. The whole front had been resprayed with signs of repairs. The door trim had been removed indicating a repair had been done to the drivers door. Took it straight back to dealer. Fair trading said I could refuse delivery. It had 160kms on the clock - explained as Tickford doing extended testing. Paint engineers from For HQ flew up and they stated the vehicle was repaired to an acceptable standard so bugger off! I stated I was going to the media, 2 hours later they phoned. Apparently the ute was sourced from a dealer in Musselbrook who crashed it during a test drive, patched it up and palmed it off to another dealer. Anyway, I got a new ute but it shows that they can be a bunch of lyings bastards and not to be trusted.

I would keep at them until you get a new car. Best of luck.
xr8territory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #80
shroomies49

There is no eta on the timing cover sooo...I demanded a new car today...
Old 09-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #81
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bout time... you need to complain to ford directly too shroomies

just like digger said
Old 09-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #82
shroomies49

Done that too..

And i've unleashed the father aswell.... =)
Old 09-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #83
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so what did they say to you?

next call to ford oz should have the word ombudsman in it too, as well as tv show
Old 10-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #84
lenny555

Give Ray Hadley (2GB Sydney) a call and he will get right on it for you.
lenny555 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #85
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Today Tonight and A Current Afair will be quite interested in your story, especially at another chance to stomp on Ford's already crappy reputation.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #86
shroomies49

Went to metro ford today.. apprently the part will be in melb tomorrow.. should have the car back next week
Old 10-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #87
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this all sounds the same as last weeks lame excuse shroomie...

you need to be a bit more grumpier i think...
Old 11-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #88
Spinner77

Others here will be better qualified to judge the worth of this idea. But it occurred to me that it could be useful to get the RACQ to do an inspection before you take delivery of the repaired vehicle - maybe even have a look at the engine while it's in bits.

It would be interesting to know what they think of the problem, and how its repair will affect the market value of the car.
Old 18-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #89
shroomies49

Update:

Pick up the car tomorrow. They started it today and took it for a lil spin

=)
Old 19-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #90
kimbo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Update:

Pick up the car tomorrow. They started it today and took it for a lil spin

=)
I'm a new forum member who is picking up an Econetic in 2 hours time (Ordered the car in the 1st week in Dec'09) I've just read the whole sorry story about 'shroomies' problems!! Mate I hope it all works out for the better. I agree with others, I think that 'Mr Ford' is getting off easy with the solution that they have given you. I hope you have documented the whole sorry saga in case it 'craps' itself again?? In which case I would be straight to ombudsmen, local members, TV shows and anyone else who will listen. I'm sure that if you had done it initially they would have come to the party with a better solution!! Good Luck mate.
kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post