Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #151
BorisBC
Starter Motor

hey guys, nice rides in here, making me want to change my stocker! First on the list will be a new muffler and probably a new pod filter (there used to be a write up on here on how to do it??).

Also anyone had experience with swapping door mirrors? Some tool cleaned mine up the other day, so it's off to U-Pull-It with my spanners to find me another one!
BorisBC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #152
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisBC
hey guys, nice rides in here, making me want to change my stocker! First on the list will be a new muffler and probably a new pod filter (there used to be a write up on here on how to do it??).
There u go mate
Air filter + Induction Thread
Panther Black

17" Lenso Type M ~ Wrapped w/ Falken Tyres
Pedders Sports Ryder Lowered Springs
St Rear Spoiler
InnerDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #153
BorisBC
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerDevil
beauty, that's the one!!
BorisBC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #154
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Hey guys, im gettin my car serviced this week (home job),
but i was unsure how often or at what km interval the battery needs to be changed?

eg. needs to be changed either
every 10yrs or at every 100,000km service

and as u can see in my sig im at 130,000km, so is it time for a new one

any help will be greatly appreciated !!
Panther Black

17" Lenso Type M ~ Wrapped w/ Falken Tyres
Pedders Sports Ryder Lowered Springs
St Rear Spoiler

Last edited by InnerDevil; 23-06-2010 at 11:24 AM.
InnerDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #155
zbeasty

As long as you don't have any problems with starting the car you shouldn't need to replace the battery. I replaced mine because I started having issues with starting and had to bump start it a couple of times. I also have a decent amp drawing a heap of current which probably didn't help. I replaced mine about 12 months ago at only 85,000km so I didn't get the length of service you have. I replaced mine with an Odyssey which has much higher CCA's but wasn't cheap (around $400). I figure with the stereo and the drain I am putting on it then it's worth it. I'll probably pull the odyssey out and put a standard one in when I sell it at the end of the year and put the odyssey in my new car if it fits.
zbeasty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #156
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Update

so this week my 04 zetec got a service. only minor service so just the usual stuff PLUS, the drive belts, and brake pads and rotors..
currently at 107000km's, its running brilliantly after its service, much quieter thanks to the belt replacement (which were drying and cracked), running much smoother, and still loving it to bits!
only issue at the moment is the battery which has some dead cells, so it can have some issues starting, often stalling when its cold, however that will get replaced in the next few weeks thankfully.

Fiestaz

:hrod
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post