Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

someone bought it... wtf..
Old 22-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

I cant believe the questions some people have asked the seller. They clearly state thats its just a stick on ornimate but people are still asking how to install it, and how to cut the roof, lol.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
Ando_Leigh

I think he has put those questions on there himself.
Old 22-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #6
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol the questions are taking the pi$$:

Like this one:

Q: my car does not have an anti lock braking system - i am interested in an abs light for my dash - i cannot afford nor am i interested in the actual braking benefits of an abs system - i am solely interested in tricking people into thinking my car is safer than it is. do you or are you looking into prototyping this product - it seems like its up your alley. Aug-17-07
A: We are working on new ideas, thank you.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #7
falzoony
Rockin '67

That would now top the list of most useless car accessory

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #8
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Oh dear

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #9
Boosh Brus

hes listed another one with 6 bids on it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sunro...QQcmdZViewItem
Boosh Brus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #10
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love these questions:

Q: Do you have a holographic version so that if someone looks from a certain angle, the sunroof will look like it's open? Do you also have a sunroof visor that I can stick on to look like I have a real sunroof visor? Do you also sell controls that I can stick on the ceiling of the car so I can act like I have a sunroof controls? I'm curious, If I stick it on the hood of my car would this then be called sunhood? This is one of the best ideas I have ever heard of.
A: We are still working on having more products like this, at this moment we only have this self adhesive sunroof. You can put it in the hood if you want. Thank you

Q: can I get away with only buying one, for two cars... and switch which one I put it on depending on my mood?
A: Once you install the sunroof if you take it off, the sunroof wonīt damage your car, but it will not be able to use on another car, this is for prevent burglars to steal it.

Oh yeah, I can see that happening!!
FASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #11
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

:
thats a ****a!
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #12
joe260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats the funniest thing ive seen today : e
Old 22-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #13
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

There is some sad, sad people out there :togo:
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #14
fastlane
In here

They have got to be joking!
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #15
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

LOL Crazy crazy

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #16
peterban
AULTD

What will they think of next!!!!!
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #17
Rhubarb

Often when I see these things I wonder why someone didn't think of it sooner. But in this case I still can't see why they thought of it at all.

I wonder if they have immitation roofs for people who actually do have sunroofs but want it to look like they don't.

How about something I can stick on the top of my Focus to make it look like a convertible ferrari ?

No doubt they are "still working on more products like these".

classic !!!
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 10:29 PM   #18
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Stick on fuel caps, stick on bonnet scoops, now stick on sunroofs, what's next?

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 11:40 PM   #19
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

i wonder if they have a sticker to put over ya passenger seat so you don't look like a loner on friday nights? perhaps a blonde and a brunette model?

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
v8falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 11:47 PM   #20
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

How ridiculous. Someone give him a stick on head slap.
Old 23-08-2007, 08:34 AM   #21
unleashed
Starter Motor

:lookedat: holden driver will love them! lol
unleashed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2007, 07:43 PM   #22
Sunny43.5
Starter Motor

Hi guys I actually fit the "real" sunroofs to cars and utes this guy selling those stick on things is in Mexico say no more . As for Rhubarbs comment some years ago the must have item in the good old USof A was a thing called a SIMCOM this was a fiberglass shell that you could buy for quite a large range of cars and coupes it was covered in a fabric which was also used on real convertibles . They were designed with actual ribs accros them to look like convertible bows and other things at the edges . In most cases they looked like the real thing . Hate to imagine what happened underneath to the roof skin after a few years. Regards Howard
Sunny43.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2007, 08:03 PM   #23
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8falconsrule
i wonder if they have a sticker to put over ya passenger seat so you don't look like a loner on friday nights? perhaps a blonde and a brunette model?
Haha... I'll take 3... blonde for the front and brunettes for the back please...lol :

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #24
cowboy
Cowboy

Bet Rogercordia buys one!! Will look good when his front wheel drive car lifts the front off the ground cause of all the power!! lol
1930 Pontiac Landaulet
1932 Pontiac V8 sedan
1935 Pontiac sedan
1937 Pontiac 8 sedan
1948 Pontiac silver streak
1949 Ford F3 pickup
1953 Pontiac Chieftain
1955 Austin Champ
1957 Dodge Power Wagon
1967 Jeep Gladiator
1975 TD Cortina
1978 F100 4x4
2006 GU Patrol ute
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2007, 06:31 PM   #25
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Here is the full list of questions and answers. Some are quite funny.

Q: Do I get a discount in shipping if I buy 2? I want to put one on the roof and one on the inside of my car so when I look up a can pretend to be looking outside, also can you make one that simulates looking up at the stars I think chicks would really dig it or put a scary face on it so when People in my car look up the think there is somebody on the roof I think you have endless possibilities with this product. Thanks. Aug-17-07
A: We give free shipping when you buy 3 or more.

Q: my car does not have an anti lock braking system - i am interested in an abs light for my dash - i cannot afford nor am i interested in the actual braking benefits of an abs system - i am solely interested in tricking people into thinking my car is safer than it is. do you or are you looking into prototyping this product - it seems like its up your alley. Aug-17-07
A: We are working on new ideas, thank you.

Q: I honestly think this is the greatest product i've seen on ebay in a while. Honestly if i didn't have a sunroof i think i would buy two and make it look like my car was a T top..I think you should sell that as a seperate product as well....and if you do, give me a free one for the idea. Tom Umasstom@yahoo.com Aug-17-07
A: Thanks!

Q: I don't understand why someone would want the look without the functionality? Is this a gag to fool your friends? Aug-17-07
A: We came with this idea, sometimes people just want to have the look of a sunroof, and canīt afford or donīt have the permission to make a hole to their/parentīs car.

Q: Do you have a holographic version so that if someone looks from a certain angle, the sunroof will look like it's open? Do you also have a sunroof visor that I can stick on to look like I have a real sunroof visor? Do you also sell controls that I can stick on the ceiling of the car so I can act like I have a sunroof controls? I'm curious, If I stick it on the hood of my car would this then be called sunhood? This is one of the best ideas I have ever heard of. Aug-17-07
A: We are still working on having more products like this, at this moment we only have this self adhesive sunroof. You can put it in the hood if you want. Thank you

Q: What kind of tool would I use for cutting the whole? will it leak? Aug-17-07
A: This sunroof is ornamental, itīs only a sticker with the shape of a sunroof that you put in your carīs roof and gives your car the look of a real sunroof, but you donīt make any holes to the car, and you canīt see through it. You donīt make any modifications to your car.

Q: So what type of motor does it take and how do i go by wiring it all up and locating the switch?? Aug-17-07
A: This sunroof is ornamental, itīs only a sticker with the shape of a sunroof that you put in your carīs roof and gives your car the look of a real sunroof, but you donīt make any holes to the car, and you canīt see through it. You donīt make any modifications to your car.

Q: How much would it cost for a shop to do the install on this sunroof on a 1994 Subaru Legacy L? Aug-17-07
A: This is only a sunroof sticker that gives your car the look of a real sunroof. You can install it yourself, you donīt need to make holes in your car and you will not be able to see through it.

Q: Will I have to declare the addition of this modification to my insurance company and will it compromise the structural integrity of my car? Aug-17-07
A: It doesnīt compromise the structural integrity of your car because itīs just a sticker with the shape of a sunroof that you put in your carīs roof.

Q: I would really love the open-roof experience of a sunroof. I'm very excited to see that this can give me that feeling without drilling holes. What a product! How does it work? Aug-17-07
A: First you clean your carīs roof You select a place where you want you Selfadhesive sunroof to be, check for any bubbles . Remove the peripherical edge binding and press the molding frame against the car. As I told before, this self adhesive sunroof is just ornamental, and will give only the look of a sunroof.

Q: Will this work with my convertible? Aug-17-07
A: If it has a solid top you can use it.

Q: can I get away with only buying one, for two cars... and switch which one I put it on depending on my mood? Aug-17-07
A: Once you install the sunroof if you take it off, the sunroof wonīt damage your car, but it will not be able to use on another car, this is for prevent burglars to steal it.

Q: Can this be put on other parts of the car, such as the hood or trunk lid, or do you have to put it on the roof? Does it fit all models? I have a Dodge Stratus right now, but I'm probably gonna get a Dodge Viper pretty soon. Aug-17-07
A: Yes, you can put it on other parts of the car. If fits all models.

Q: How does the sun get thru the roof? Aug-17-07
A: The sun wonīt get thru the roof, because the self adhesive sunroof is a sticker that gives your car the look of a real sunroof, but you donīt make a hole to the car.

Q: Does this sunroof come with all of the installation tools necessary for proper install? Aug-17-07
A: This sunroof is ornamental, itīs only a sticker that you put in your carīs roof and gives your the look of a sunroof, but you donīt make any holes to the car. It comes with step to step instructions, itīs very easy because you only have to put the sunroof sticker in the car.

Q: how much horsepower does this add? Aug-17-07
A: The self adhesive sunroof doesnīt add any horsepower to the car.

Q: I would love to have a sunroof - is it guaranteed to be waterproof? do you have pictures from the inside of the car after install? Aug-17-07
A: This sunroof is ornamental, itīs only a sticker in the carīs roof, and itīs waterproof and weatherproof, thereīs no need to make holes on the car. From the inside the car will look the same since youīll only be attaching the sticker sunroof in the carroof.

Q: What is this magnetic technology? so is it a sticker or a magnet? Aug-17-07
A: Itīs a magnet and a sticker so it can stick better to the car.

Q: Is this the kind of sunroof that slides back or only pops up? Aug-17-07
A: This sunroof is only ornamental, itīs a sticker that gives your car the look of a real sunroof, but it doesnīt slides back or pops up.

Q: Does the product come with instructions on how to cut the hole in the car roof? Aug-17-07
A: This sunroof is ornamental, it is only a layer of stickers that attaches to your car, without any holes and gives the car the appearance of a sunroof.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #26
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

I like it !
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #27
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

LOL thats GOLD

hi my car doesnt have ABS, im only interested in the dash light. :

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
EF Futura 07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2007, 01:55 PM   #28
Ringo
I see you....

A fool and their money....

The question about if it will fit on a convertable is the best one of the lot...
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #29
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

I wonder if i stick it backwards on my bonnet it will act like a reverse scoop, removing hot air from the engine bay, thus adding HP, also the added aerodynamics would add more HP....

/sarcasm

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post