Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 23-08-2005, 09:42 PM   #1
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Default NSW Action

Its good to see that there's an increase in events for people wishing to take their car down the quarter.

In the short time I've been on FF & FFAU it's always seemed like NSW has been the safe state with little interest in competing in drag racing compared to VIC or QLD etc. I would have thought with the interest in modifying cars that getting them trackside to see what they would do would be the next logical thing ???

I also think that the recent addition of having other NSW car clubs (I just read about the Skyline Club one just now) getting involved with Ford related clubs is top stuff too. The recent event with the E series guys Vs the R31 (?) club in VIC sounded like it was a stack of fun. I reckon we should get more of these days happening.

I hope that from here on we can see more of these events happening. This sort of involvement would make me more likely to join a club and get involved.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was. The Skylines were owned by the XB ;)

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #3
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont worry about me pressing to many buttons lol.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 11:16 PM   #4
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont see why we cant have a AFF meet at WSID as I am going to another forum site drag day in a couple of weeks 50 cars only cost $200 all day for 30+ passes more if you want.
Just need someone from here in the know to possibly organise it not my kettle of fish any takers.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 12:19 AM   #5
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Its good to see that there's an increase in events for people wishing to take their car down the quarter.

In the short time I've been on FF & FFAU it's always seemed like NSW has been the safe state with little interest in competing in drag racing compared to VIC or QLD etc. I would have thought with the interest in modifying cars that getting them trackside to see what they would do would be the next logical thing ???

I also think that the recent addition of having other NSW car clubs (I just read about the Skyline Club one just now) getting involved with Ford related clubs is top stuff too. The recent event with the E series guys Vs the R31 (?) club in VIC sounded like it was a stack of fun. I reckon we should get more of these days happening.

I hope that from here on we can see more of these events happening. This sort of involvement would make me more likely to join a club and get involved.
Hi loxxr6, have you and all your mates signed up for the AFF national dyno event?
this involves all States.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 05:24 PM   #6
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Hi loxxr6, have you and all your mates signed up for the AFF national dyno event?
this involves all States.
I'm def in and I'll be aiming to get a few more too.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #7
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
I'm def in and I'll be aiming to get a few more too.
Get into it Spiro is looking foward to it, he has some freebies to give away aswell..

Old 27-08-2005, 10:01 PM   #8
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Freebies from Spiro I coming to see that : )
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2005, 10:58 PM   #9
SpoolMan

Spiro was going to have a chat to his suppliers see if they have some promotional freebies he could hand out.