Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
missyhissy
Starter Motor

Default Ok Fuel

Hi,
Alright i thought i posted this before but anyhoo.

I have an ed falcon 5 speed wit gas. i live out in da country where gas is 82.99 per litre. I also have the need for speed. my rego is about up n i cant take it to the regular bloke roun town. i gotta take in town to the gas guy. thing is each week i am maintaining two fuel systems. i wud like to get rid of the gas. Everyone is sayin keep it. but i am puttin gas an petrol in it to keep the bastard goin. well when i go in town i have to wait 20 mins at least to get fuel or more. so annoying. anyhoo wot u guys think?

missyhissy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Confusing post. but from what i gathered, you want to get rid of the Gas system. You have to look at consumption. What is better value for you? I'd run the car for a week and see what's doing the best.

Is it the room you're after? Then turn the tap off and yank the gas tank. the rest can be done later.... Then get it tuned for petrol again.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
Jeddak
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People out our way have run across this too
the running cost with price and inconvienice ( not to mention installation cost as well)does not balance out
On the coast where gas is cheaper per litre the advantage is there
but out west??

no.

there is a few gas cars here where the system is not used at all or is removed altogether.\

the only "advantage " is more fuel carried for that really LONG trip
O5 / 05 SX TS RWD Winter White, Driving Lights, Flaps, Racks, Turbo Grille, Ghia Bumper Trims and tailgate chrome , Colour Coded Mirrors,Tint,h/d towbar and chrome tow ball ,Sy chrome Beltline molds , leather and chrome shifter and Ghia Leather bound steering wheel
Stainless steel number plate frames and shifter quadrant, leather arm rest
All reconditioned SZ front suspension now in place
Chrome door pull inserts with chrome inner latch handles done
Jeddak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Marquis 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyhissy
Hi,

I have an ed falcon 5 speed wit gas. i live out in da country where gas is 82.99 per litre. I also have the need for speed. my rego is about up n i cant take it to the regular bloke roun town. i gotta take in town to the gas guy. thing is each week i am maintaining two fuel systems. i wud like to get rid of the gas. Everyone is sayin keep it. but i am puttin gas an petrol in it to keep the bastard goin. well when i go in town i have to wait 20 mins at least to get fuel or more. so annoying. anyhoo wot u guys think?
Thats Country Talk People!!
Marquis 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #5
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1. Learn basic English.
2. Ask a man to take it out with your new found well spoken English.

I'm going get a V8 4x4 one day and have been thinking lately whether gas is the way to go.
I think it is, as long as the power is not reduced and the installation price is reasonable.
I probably wont get gas in it anyway.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #6
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Hi,

Welcome to the forums. I'll translate.

Alright I thought I posted this before but anyway.

I have an ED Falcon 5 speed with gas. I live out in the country where gas is 82.99 cents per litre. I also have the need for speed. My rego is about to expire so I can't take it to the regular shop in town. I am going to take the vehicle in town to the gas mechanic. Each week I am maintaining two fuel systems so I would like to remove the gas even though everybody insists I keep it. However when I go to town I usually have to wait 20 minutes to get fuel which is frustrating. What advice can anybody provide here as to what I should do.

Actually I'm still not sure. Do you want somebody to remove the gas system cheaply?

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia

Last edited by XAGSV8; 27-10-2010 at 01:07 AM.
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 01:16 AM   #7
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
1. Learn basic English.
2. Ask a man to take it out with your new found well spoken English.

I'm going get a V8 4x4 one day and have been thinking lately whether gas is the way to go.
I think it is, as long as the power is not reduced and the installation price is reasonable.
I probably wont get gas in it anyway.
no need to insult her, i can feel your pain,at that price petrol would need to be about $140 a litre before the average car would be economical on gas, just turn gas tank off under little cover on tank and tune your car for petrol ,(most likely need to retard timing a few degrees to stop pinging ) as duel fuel cars have usually had the timing tuned (advanced)for gas as its the main fuel used in most duel fuel set ups.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 01:23 AM   #8
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

If the cars about to lapse rego, shouldn't you...um...re-register it before you drive it on public roads anymore?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 02:18 AM   #9
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi,
Yes, you have: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11312087

Last edited by Crazy Dazz; 27-10-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #10
missyhissy
Starter Motor

Lol,
well I'm not at all insulted by the comments. I'm a proud country chick and nope we dont all talk like that. besides isn't this the pub? or what? High school literature.

Thanks. Jeddak and Oldfordnut, I am glad someone here understands my pains. Ran the gas out today and my father is going to remove it hopefully this weekend. Oh and of course the rego is still valid. it is just due at the end of November. So that is why i am in a rush to get the gas out before that date. Once it is taken out i can just take it to a blue slip inspector, and they can ok that the gas is gone, and then the RTA is all happy. Goin outside in a sec to put a new set of spark plugs in her.

OldFord but as far as the tuning i have no idea but she is running pretty good on the premium i put in today. I always made sure i used petrol intermitantly. but she's a bit rough so lets see wot these plugs do and once the stuff is out it'll be fantastic to be able to get to the passenger side of the engine bay.

So I have decided. thanks for the welcome every one and for responding to my query. God if i spoke like this down the local, they'f think I flipped out lol

cheers
Kylie
missyhissy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #11
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

It's all good Kylie, welcome to AFF. I thought you wanted to keep driving without rego, I only glossed over your original post so my apologies. Hope you sort out the rough idle, I'm sure a set of plugs will help+always try to use premium, it will help remove built up carbon deposits in the engine. Enjoy your stay here. (if I talked like this down at my local I'd probably get banned!)
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Hi,

If gas is 83cpl how much is Petrol?

How far away is the "Gas guy" ? and it's only once a year.

Why are you maintaining two systems? either run it on petrol or gas. Or fill both then you will have twice as long between filling up.