Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
car
Starter Motor

Default Rear spoiler MC - yes or no

I'm not a fan of spoliers but I cant help wondering if the Mondeo was designed with one in mind - the rear does seem to look better with the std spoiler.....
Please give your opinion - I'm really in two minds....

car is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Rear spoiler MC - yes or no

Hi "car"

I'm no fan of spoilers, especially if they are after market ones. You nearly always have to drill holes in the sheet metal to fit them and so you generate a potential start point for rust.

And they are damned difficult to clean around/under/beneath.

$490 to acquire supplied primed only (just checked Ford's site) so add painting and fitting - there you go holes in the sheetmetal

Also the reaward vision in our Mondeo is worse that the Territory and I can't see that being improved by fitting a spoiler. (I'm assuming you are thinking about the hatch version?)

So my vote would be NO.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn it - when will I learn all the detail is in the fine print? $490 is the dealer fitted price - doesn't say anything about painting though

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
Allusion

$490 seems fairly good if it's an all up price. The UK Titanium X sport comes with it standard and I think it really suits. Alan is right about them being hard to keep clean though.
Old 28-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Got one on ours being an XR5... To be honest I dont mind it either way, but the Titaniums do look a bit naked without them!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 12:58 AM   #6
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Got one on ours being an XR5... To be honest I dont mind it either way, but the Titaniums do look a bit naked without them!
^^^ this.

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

To me, they are something extra the boss can use to help open and close the hatch, when I'm not around (I know it would happen).

So it's a no from me.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
Menai Mark

No from me too. Titanium looks good without it and I'm sure the spoiler would effect fuel economy due to more drag etc. (But this is just my opinion)
Menai Mark is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #9
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would have looked better on the sedan when it was available

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

On these things the spoiler is just pose value. I would expect zero downforce effect and immeasurable difference when it comes to economy.

I have one on my MB XR5, and IMHO it completes the styling. Tho' I will concede someones point about cleaning (just trade-offs).
But, each to their own. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post