Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

View Poll Results: How do you rate your Mondeo
Great car! Recommend one to all my friends 44 72.13%
Good compared to others in price/size class 9 14.75%
OK, but could be better 4 6.56%
Mistake to buy it. 6 9.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #61
Bakis
XR6ED

Not my Mondeo, but my girlfriends. She loves it! Its a Hatch TDCi no real issues only done like 4500 in a year.

Personal thoughts on the car, the finish on the interior is orsm and the same for the paint work the quality makes new falcons seem average. Great fuel economy and really smooth for a diesel, and quiet on the inside.

Been to Ford for a fix on the spare set of keys cause didn't sync for central locking when car was cold (????). Might have to go back soon cause the leather on the doors that lines with passenger and drivers window is starting to lift, on both sides maybe cause of heat? not sure.

Also is there a steering rack problem cause when doing a U-turn near full lock makes a grinding noise sometimes?

I would recommend to others but shame the standard zetec isn't a manual :(.

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Bakis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #62
Pugsley_12
Starter Motor

Definitley a big and very expensive mistake for me!

I was looking forward to getting my Mondeo XR5 turbo for such a long time, however, my 14 months have been completely soured. Where do I start with the problems about this car!?
Car can't start and still having problems
Constant rattles
Lack of Customer Service Department is a joke!
The dealership I bought the car from took no interest when I reported my problems. As soon as they have your money their not interested.
Leaks into the boot.

Need I go on about what a POOR POOR car this is! I wish I had bought an Audi or Nissan, infact anything but a FORD!!

Please Please Please give me my money back!
Pugsley_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #63
mundus
Starter Motor

I guess you guys are very lucky. I actually had a problem of finding it hard, I mean almost impossible to turn the steering wheel. The noise was terrible, got louder when I was trying to accelerate or turn. I took it to the dealer they said the power steering wheel pump was faulty and they had to order one and replace it. Not long after the replacement the noise got back again. Very very disappointed!

Also when I try to push the door from the inside, the rattle makes the car sound so cheap.
mundus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #64
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I was seriously considering a new Mondeo, as the last car I completely loved was my 2002 Focus, but after reading this thread, I think I'll give it a miss! I'll either continue my new-found love affair with turbocharged Subarus or look elsewhere.

Last edited by Timmeh; 14-06-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #65
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I was seriously considering a new Mondeo, as the last car I completely loved was my 2002 Focus, but after reading this thread, I think I'll give it a miss! I'll either continue my new-found love affair with turbocharged Subarus or look elsewhere.
If you go back to the poll, you'll see that two thirds of respondents think that it's a great car. Just depends what you want in a car - I'm very happy with mine, but it doesn't have the performance of a Subaru turbo!

But clearly this model has been let down badly by Ford in Australia in terms of service. But this seems to be a fairly constant theme on Ford forums.
Old 14-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #66
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
If you go back to the poll, you'll see that two thirds of respondents think that it's a great car. Just depends what you want in a car - I'm very happy with mine, but it doesn't have the performance of a Subaru turbo!

But clearly this model has been let down badly by Ford in Australia in terms of service. But this seems to be a fairly constant theme on Ford forums.
Yeah, Ford were crap to me even when I bought a brand new Focus and I see nothing has changed.

But with so many people commenting on rattles, which drive me insane, and a crappy hatch, which is the model I would buy, and comments like this by people who voted positively: "I like mine. Sure it's got some issues, but they all have.", I'm not convinced it's the car for me!

Even in the main Mondeo forum, doing a search for rattles and looking at the results concerns me.

Trust me, I was all keen to buy one, but this forum has me very very worried. I can't afford to buy a car that is going to annoy the hell out of me every day.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #67
r2d2

Ive now had mine for a year now. (27000km) Happy Birthday R2D2. I dont have any rattles or squeaks. I have had the bluefin installed and have left both a (from around 20km/h) WRX with exhaust and a VE SS both wanting to know what the hell is that. YEah I didnt pull away but they didnt pass me or pull away either, I got in front and stayed in front. Big Smile on my face.
Any ways I love the Mondeo, never had any real issues, I did got the hatch rubber replaced under warrenty, but the new models all come with the new rubber. My hatch doesnt rub either. Maybe I got a lucky one. Whoo Hoo
Old 15-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #68
mpsol
XR5T

I have had my XR5T for 5 mths now and have done a little over 5000km's.
Most of that is travelling the Stuart H/Way between Katherine and Darwin, a 650km return trip at speed (the limit is 130km/h..but it's a little flexible.. )... So far,touch wood, not a rattle or squeek to be heard.
The Mondeo is one of the most comfortable, safe and enjoyable cars I have ever driven.. Luckily I have not experienced any of the problems discussed in this forum. My only complaint is that the Ford dealers, service dept's in particualr, know nothing about the cars, particulalry the XR5T...
When I had the car in for the 3000km service, the service advisor spent 10 minutes running around thinking they had lost the keys...They didnt know it had keyless start ... :
mpsol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #69
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Well a year sure has gone fast and we've clocked up 34000km in our Mondeo. So what's it like after a year.

Still a fantastic fun ride that is a joy to drive, mind you it hasn't been without some issues.

Overall Ford have been pretty good when it comes to fixing faults. So far we've had the drivers side door trim replaced. The centre console lid and catch and the washer hose for the windscreen.

Our latest visit Ford means we are getting the front passenger door trim replaced and the passenger side front seat head rest.

There are a couple of things Ford wont do or update. One is the 'trim' around the rear hatch window. It collects water when it rains and when you lift the hatch lid it pours into the boot area. The other one is they wont update the HDMI to the 2008 spec. It seems it's in the too hard basket for these things.

As the car sits on low profile 18"x8" rims it goes through tyre rubber quick. This was something I was aware of before we purchased so no complaints there. We've gone from the factory Continentals to Bridgestone Adrenalin Potenza RE001's. They seem to be a popular choice amongst the XR5 owners on the Aussie Ford forum.

In conclusion is it a good car? I'd have to say yes it is a good drive, plenty of room for the five of us. Just need a bit more oomph. I can see a Superchips Bluefin edit coming soon
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post