Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 26-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #61
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

I did send an enquiry to Ford by email asking if the ad was correct and if there was a date of release, but given the turmoil that seems to be going on there at the moment, I'm not holding my breath... Will advise when/if I hear
PedroinTas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #62
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BammasAUIIIXR8
I'm about to order a Subaru Outback because I couldn't wait any longer.
I presume you are aware that there's an all-new model out next year for the Liberty/Outback range.
Old 27-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #63
cardinalred

Hopefully Ford are agressive in the wagon model they offer. It will be disappointing if all they offer is a TDCi level. With Holden now having the Sportswagon I believe an upspec Titanium level wagon would offer substantial competition particularly amongst user-choosers who are attracted to the fuel economy of the diesel but in a unspec vehicle.

Last edited by cardinalred; 27-08-2008 at 03:06 PM.
cardinalred is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #64
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Ford's reply

"Thank you for your e-mail to Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited (Ford Australia).

Ford Australia does not import the Mondeo wagon and at this stage we have no confirmed plans to introduce this vehicle into our current model range.

Should you wish to import one of these vehicles into Australia you would need to do so privately.

We trust that this helps you, and thank you for taking the time to contact Ford Australia"

I've emailed a reply asking why they're advertising it in an Australian Magazine and that the major car websites still have it slated for an October release. We might get more sense in their answer, we might not.
PedroinTas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #65
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the best bet would be to find someone on here who works in the inner sactum of Ford Aus(Or at least has product knowledge) They obviously wont/cant reveal everything specifically, but can drop hints that the media may have already been made aware of, i.e. the websites that suggest the wagon is coming in October.

Food for Thought...
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #66
BammasAUIIIXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
I presume you are aware that there's an all-new model out next year for the Liberty/Outback range.
I guess that's why it's called a Runout sale !!!

If anyone else can find a mid-sized wagon with Leather, electric front seats, tow bar, auto, alarm, reverse sensors, mats, rear tray, tint, fabric protection + other extras for $37,500 (excl GST) then please let me know.

With a 57% residual after 3 years and no significant fall off with model differentiation, I think buying an Outback runout is a safe bet.
BammasAUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 08:33 AM   #67
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BammasAUIIIXR8
I guess that's why it's called a Runout sale !!!

If anyone else can find a mid-sized wagon with Leather, electric front seats, tow bar, auto, alarm, reverse sensors, mats, rear tray, tint, fabric protection + other extras for $37,500 (excl GST) then please let me know.

With a 57% residual after 3 years and no significant fall off with model differentiation, I think buying an Outback runout is a safe bet.
Check Subaru servicing and spare parts costs before buying. I sold my Subaru as their prices are at BMW prices.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #68
BammasAUIIIXR8

All paid for under the Lease, GST free and pre-tax !!!

I have had a Honda and the costs were outrageous, I've heard Mazda are the same, my VT wagon cost a fortune @ Holden and Ford seem to be just as bad - who's left ???

They are all as bad as each other.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #69
TheColonel

It's all because people won't work for peanuts any more and also if Dealer A charge that much for a service, everyone else is going to charge the same regardless of their costs... another thing in the past that would have kept costs down are things like a lack of care for the environment...
Old 02-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #70
46302ute
gunna get there

Default mundaneoh

the less mondeo models in australia the better what a pile of poo to work on and buy parts for...
try pricing hoses for one ..
:
46302ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2008, 03:15 PM   #71
Sutekh
Starter Motor

Default Mazda stealing a march on Ford in PR dept

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/News/Maz...both+ends.html

Seems at least Mazda can deliver a 2.2TDCi Wagon, if manual only - December launch.
Sutekh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #72
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, its a move in the right direction... all they need is an auto, and they will be starting to stitch up that bit of the market...

Whatever price they bring in the M6 for, the Mondeo would have lineball priced, and if they are saying less than 40, thats not too shabby. Albeit that the Mondeo will be auto, and possibly even that DSG box they have been chatting about......
Old 22-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #73
BammasAUIIIXR8

Who wants a family diesel wagon in manual form ??? I'm sure it will be a minority...

My wagon has auto/auto(Sport)/sequential - who needs to use their left foot to push in a pedal that has been made obselete by technology ???

I can use my left foot for what God intended it for - braking !!!
Old 23-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #74
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont know about you guys.. but this makes the wagon look sweeet.... Mondeo RS wagon... muahahaha - well maybe not, but the next best thing

Click this link for more
Old 09-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #75
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was thinking that Ford would launch the Mondeo wagon at the Sydney Motorshow. Can't find anything on it though. Does anyone know if and when they are coming?
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #76
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*shrug*

When the BFIII dies?

:(
Old 09-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #77
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
*shrug*

When the BFIII dies?

:(
When the marketing dept wake from their Coma to find it is 200... maybe
Old 09-10-2008, 11:48 PM   #78
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTonka
When the marketing dept wake from their Coma to find it is 200... maybe
Maybe they are waiting for the 2.2 auto(dsg?) to become available, and then blitz the diesel thing? who knows... Wish they would make their mind up... and soon!
Old 20-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #79
Sutekh
Starter Motor

Default More delay on the wagon

GoAuto now lists it as a March 2009 proposition.

Global financial gloom and the way the $AUD is headed south must be making it a riskier proposition by the week for Ford Aus....
Old 20-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #80
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutekh
GoAuto now lists it as a March 2009 proposition.

Global financial gloom and the way the $AUD is headed south must be making it a riskier proposition by the week for Ford Aus....
Riskier than what? Continuing to make Falcons here?

IMHO Ford should realise that there is a market for mid size cars - look how well the 6 sells - (although the Mondeo is hardly mid size) and actually do some better advertising. The Falcon is a car that's not going to be made here in 5 -10 years time.

I've already scheduled in an update Mondeo when the lease runs out in 2011. And a diesel too. I don't need one as I don't knock up that many kms, but I do like the idea of 600+ kms in the city, and only having to fill it up every month or so.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #81
Sutekh
Starter Motor

[QUOTE=Dusty1]Riskier than what? Continuing to make Falcons here?

IMHO Ford should realise that there is a market for mid size cars - look how well the 6 sells - (although the Mondeo is hardly mid size) and actually do some better advertising. The Falcon is a car that's not going to be made here in 5 -10 years time.

Currently, Ford Aus know what they can build/source a Falcon for, and what they can then sell it for (even if in lesser numbers each year): they know roughly what sort of margin they can expect. With the Mondeo wagon the price they pay to get the vehicles here is probably increasing at the moment (AUD v EUR). Either the prospective price goes up to compensate (potentially less sales) or the profit margin gets trimmed (potentially less money) - either way the risk increases.

In the longer term I agree with you, the Falcon lifespan is limited unless a viable means to reduce the running costs vs smaller cars is found.
Old 22-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #82
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That sort of thinking and risk factor would make a car like the KUGA extremely unlikely to be imported too. To make them here alongside Focus and export from Australia would be more viable, in theory anyway at A$0.67-0.75 to th USD.

Mondeo wagon should've been the priority pick in the intial Mondeo order, Falcon and Territory protection made a lot of sense then, less now as so many are defecting to Passat Wagons and the like.