Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 22-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #31
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: 2011 Mondeo Titanium - missing options?

They are only reflectors.. not actually lights...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #32
Allusion

I just had the 3000k service done and asked about the dipping mirrors. The dealer tried to get them working, no go, so then they contacted Ford and no dipping mirrors for Australian models. I pretty much expected this though.

I also asked about getting the speedo calibrated correctly and they checked everything and said it was set up correctly so no joy there either.
Old 29-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #33
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The assembly line must be a pain in the *** when they have to produce different models for different markets. Peugeot has it right for their new 508 GT when you order this you get everything no options Ford should have a Ghia version with all of the bell & whistles

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #34
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Ghia = Titanium (or as good as they will give you for the price)
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #35
Dusty1
Giddy up!

The way I understand it is that they did all the Australian cars on one day which was 25 Feb. Maybe they do that once a month or so, making the production process quite easy for these models as there are no factory options.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #36
Menai Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian b
I got this lead for $3.50 inc P&P off e-bay and it works fine

Item number: 190393067195
Took delivery of this cable and it works a treat. I can control the iPod on my iPhone from the steering wheel. However, when I flick to the radio, the iPod keeps playing. Also can't fast forward / rewind the song, skip to next song using the left steering wheel control. You can do both with the USB flash drive inserted. Also the Radio seems to freak out when unplugging the iPhone and re inserting the USB Flash drive. I needed to turn off Sony system for several minutes before it recognised it again.
Cable is good but I still prefer the Flash Drive because of reasons above (plus no cables dangling out of glove box.
Menai Mark is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #37
Menai Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allusion
I just had the 3000k service done and asked about the dipping mirrors. The dealer tried to get them working, no go, so then they contacted Ford and no dipping mirrors for Australian models. I pretty much expected this though.
Thanks for enquiring and reporting back. Would be nice to have this feature all the same...
Old 31-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #38
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It would be nice also for the mirrors to fold in when the car is parked!!

apstar
Old 31-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #39
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar

apstar

The one I drove the mirrors folded in on it when you locked it?
Old 31-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #40
Menai Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar

apstar
Mine fold in too. (MC Titanium Hatch )
Old 31-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #41
redpoptop
Starter Motor

The mirrors fold when I lock car with the small door switch or boot switch & when lock the car on the remote

(2011 MC Titanium wagon)
redpoptop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #42
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great good to know thanks guys although that feature seems to fly under the radar!

apstar
Old 01-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #43
ian b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menai Mark
Also can't fast forward / rewind the song, skip to next song using the left steering wheel control. You can do both with the USB flash drive inserted. Also the Radio seems to freak out when unplugging the iPhone and re inserting the USB Flash drive. I needed to turn off Sony system for several minutes before it recognised it again.
Cable is good but I still prefer the Flash Drive because of reasons above (plus no cables dangling out of glove box.
Can't say I have noticed any of the above issues, steering wheel control allows fast forward/skip on my version.

Ipod appears to turn off when the head unit is turned off.

I don't use the flash drive option to avoid having to unplug the ipod.

If you leave the cable coiled, it and the ipod will fit in the glove box with the door closed so no dangling cables. Plus out of sight when you park.

There will always be a time delay whilst the head unit reads the USB, computers also take a short period of time to read the files on the USB so the head unit would be no different.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #44
Menai Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian b
Can't say I have noticed any of the above issues, steering wheel control allows fast forward/skip on my version.

Ipod appears to turn off when the head unit is turned off.

I don't use the flash drive option to avoid having to unplug the ipod.

If you leave the cable coiled, it and the ipod will fit in the glove box with the door closed so no dangling cables. Plus out of sight when you park.

There will always be a time delay whilst the head unit reads the USB, computers also take a short period of time to read the files on the USB so the head unit would be no different.
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like there could be a difference using iPod vs iPhone and what features are available using the steering wheel control. (I'll give my wife's iPod a try to see what differences there are.)
Also if I put the iPhone in the Glove box, it would make phone reception worse so I keep it in one of those 'suction cup stick to the window thingys' because of this.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #45
Rodge
Banned

I can't get over the massive amount of technology and kit these new Titaniam cars have, much of this stuff was only available in an S Class Merc a few years ago, (trust me I know), now if only they could build these Titaniam Mondeo's with twice or preferrably three times the horsepower and rear wheel drive......and keep the price the same, we'd have the perfect car
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #46
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofest
I can't get over the massive amount of technology and kit these new Titaniam cars have, much of this stuff was only available in an S Class Merc a few years ago, (trust me I know), now if only they could build these Titaniam Mondeo's with twice or preferrably three times the horsepower and rear wheel drive......and keep the price the same, we'd have the perfect car
The mrs has an XR5 and Ive got a Titanium MC Diesel on loan at the moment and I would have to say these cars are the best money can buy for 45kay... The Titanium Diesel is compariable to a c220 Merc if you ask me.. 30 kay cheaper and more bells and whistles... and the XR5 is a better car then the C300... But if only they kept making them to have the few extra MC gadgets!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #47
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
The mrs has an XR5 and Ive got a Titanium MC Diesel on loan at the moment and I would have to say these cars are the best money can buy for 45kay... The Titanium Diesel is compariable to a c220 Merc if you ask me.. 30 kay cheaper and more bells and whistles... and the XR5 is a better car then the C300... But if only they kept making them to have the few extra MC gadgets!
Without question mate, there's massive technology for the money that's for sure and I'd say the Mondeo is definitly more E Class sized than C class so that makes them even more extraordinary value even if they are missing a little bit of premium kit available on the very top model in the U.K.,and arn't the new Titanium diesel's only 5.6 litres per 100 km's or some ludicrously low figure like that, remind me again, why do we buy V8's
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #48
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofest
Without question mate, there's massive technology for the money that's for sure and I'd say the Mondeo is definitly more E Class sized than C class so that makes them even more extraordinary value even if they are missing a little bit of premium kit available on the very top model in the U.K.,and arn't the new Titanium diesel's only 5.6 litres per 100 km's or some ludicrously low figure like that, remind me again, why do we buy V8's
Yes, the diesel had a range of 840 kms when i got it in this morning and it wasnt even full, its only done 200 kms!!! The dealer said on the open highway 1200 kms is achievable!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #49
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Um....my boot light didn't work when car collected new.
Turns out....no bulb (ex-factory feature).
Now I need to go and check if I have them (and whether they work),
Old 06-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #50
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So now we know why the Mondeo has a single CD slot lucky we even got that according to this story

http://www.caradvice.com.au/113936/f...ers-in-the-us/

apstar
Old 13-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #51
Menai Mark

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like there could be a difference using iPod vs iPhone and what features are available using the steering wheel control. (I'll give my wife's iPod a try to see what differences there are.)
Also if I put the iPhone in the Glove box, it would make phone reception worse so I keep it in one of those 'suction cup stick to the window thingys' because of this.
Update:
Tried my iPhone with the 'Y' cable and now is working the same as if I just had an iPod attached. I can control with steering wheel control, and music pauses when using phone / using radio etc. It didn't do any of this when I first tried it and I didn't do anything different - except had the engine running.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #52
rossshear
Starter Motor

Why do you need an iphone lead. Music plays through blue tooth connection just fine
rossshear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #53
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Rossshear...for those who do not have bluetooth on their iPod thingies (like our 2x Ipod Nanos - Gen3 and Gen4). Some people in the world do not have iPhones... :-)

I just leave the superseded iPod Nano Gen3 in the glove box. As Menai_Mark says, same functionality as if you were holding it. Switches on/off with the car.
Old 14-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #54
plk
Starter Motor

Hi guys.
I bought a new titanium back a month ago and after reading your posts i decided to call ford about the whole issue of bits missing.
So the dealer i bought the car from is a mate and he agrees that they are wrong it what they misleading everyone into buying something that they really aren't supplying.
The car is awesome but Ford should fix there paper work, manuals etc.
I'll keep you posted.
plk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #55
plk
Starter Motor

Hi guys.
Finally got a call back from Ford today and they said that those options were for the UK model only and were not on or available on the Australian model.So they offered me $500 dollars voucher as compo for been miss lead.
Hope this helps.
Check out the bottom of page 13 on there Brochure.
Old 21-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #56
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by plk
Hi guys.
Finally got a call back from Ford today and they said that those options were for the UK model only and were not on or available on the Australian model.So they offered me $500 dollars voucher as compo for been miss lead.
Hope this helps.
Check out the bottom of page 13 on there Brochure.
Hey well done! I completely agree with you and it is not good enough. They buy the cars from Ford Europe and must be aware of what they are getting.

Under our consumer law they could be prosecuted for misleading advertising; I'd guess that it would be the same in Oz.
Old 21-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #57
plk
Starter Motor

Hey thanks! I do think that something should be done about the whole issue. We buy the car for 45k plus and expecting to get all what we paid for yet to be short changed for the profit of Ford. I guess your right NZ XR6 they can be prosecuted for it.
In fairness the dealer was very helpful and does agree with me. He has said it at there monthly Ford meeting but got shot down.
I think everyone should stand up together and let Ford know we wont take it!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:58 AM   #58
kckepz
~ Loves his Mondeo ~

Quote:
LOL... stereo isn't meant to play/control the iPhone for your music. Phone is configured differently to the actual iPods. That's probably the reason why you're having troubles... but you've already figured that out.

I'm not sure what model mondeo my one is (bought it last year new, Titanium Diesel) and it seems to have everything the 2011 has accept for blind spot warning system, lane warning thingy and the dual clutch thingy.

I love my car and always compare it to my Directors Audi in features. Yes my car doesn't have a rear camera, but heck... his car doesn't have adaptive cruising, head turning lamps, voice control and many other great gadgets. Just got back to Sydney from the Gold Coast over the weekend and I don't think I'll ever go back to petrol again. My Mondeo made it up there with still a quarter tank left. Filled it up to come back again and again, still had a quarter tank left. Will never do the trip without Adaptive cruising, that's a must.

Anyways... I'm a Mondeo fan forever! (So long as they don't change the technology and only improve it)
Old 05-10-2011, 01:02 AM   #59
kckepz
~ Loves his Mondeo ~

Quote:
Update:
Tried my iPhone with the 'Y' cable and now is working the same as if I just had an iPod attached. I can control with steering wheel control, and music pauses when using phone / using radio etc. It didn't do any of this when I first tried it and I didn't do anything different - except had the engine running.
Hi Mark,

For iPhones, you're best just to use it via BT and not the cable. It's not meant to work with the iPhone via cable... can't remember the exact reason, but it's meant to work for the iPods only. Yes it works, but there's something that doesn't work with the cable.