Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #1
blade
Galaxius Maximus

Default Wagon dickie seat

will a dickie seat from an AU fit in an EL wagon?

blade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2005, 04:26 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I think so. I know the one we got in our EF wagon was a "universal" model that also was avaliable for an AU.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I think so. I know the one we got in our EF wagon was a "universal" model that also was avaliable for an AU.
Casper,

Where did you get it from and how much was it all up fitted? Does the seat face forwards, or do the kids see the drivers in the cars behind them? LOL

I'm thinking a little down the track here. Our second is on the way, but I definately do not want a van, know what I mean?

Also, would this also fit into a BA wagon? It should I reckon as the rear end is the same as the AU isn't it?

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Casper,

Where did you get it from and how much was it all up fitted?
Was a little over $3000 all up from a place in Slacks Creek Qld when we lived there. That included the seats, fitting, compliance plate and matching seat material to the rest of the car. Not cheap but it was one of the better models avaliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Does the seat face forwards, or do the kids see the drivers in the cars behind them? LOL
Kids sit forward (facing back would give them a face full of glass in an impact).
Its a 2 seat design with intergrated 3 point seatbelts (on propper rollers) and has the provision to have a baby seat mounted if you really wanted.
It also folds up flat against the rear seat or folds over to just lay flat(ish) on the floor. Even has interfrated headreasts (critical, kids necks dont react well to whiplash). Doenst even block access to the spare tyre either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I'm thinking a little down the track here. Our second is on the way, but I definately do not want a van, know what I mean?
Dont bother, kids get big in a hurry. We are going to get a van in the next 12 months, so much more practical to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Also, would this also fit into a BA wagon? It should I reckon as the rear end is the same as the AU isn't it?

GK
Yep, will fit most Falcon wagons from EA onwards, maybe even XD onwards.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 06:37 PM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Cheers Casper!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post