Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 14-04-2005, 09:08 AM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default Working mods and proof

Hi. I was wondering if we can have a data base section for people who have done mods and their before and after results? I think that many mods and results dissappear in time and can be a great reference. Results may be timeslips or dynos. Preferably put strict rules so people are banned from arguing. Most of those that argue dont have before and after proof to prove otherwise.
I think it will be agood guide for all members and a drawcard for the forum.
What does everyone think?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

very good idea mate - maybe not just performance mods...
Old 14-04-2005, 09:59 PM   #3
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

I think we could all use it as a reference and then make a decision based on our experiences and not sellers.A great example is caspers chip challenge.Before after and then we can make a decision.Each person who does the test can say either they are happy or not as well.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 14-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #4
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

lol...I'll never do another "chip challenge" style thing if I can avoid it. It was a lot harder than the final article shows and damn, it was painful removing it all. I had to end up buying a chip as you soon find you cant live without it.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2005, 10:15 PM   #5
Stav
Smile

We dont have to go into that detail but it would be nice to know and compare. We talk about who has the best spark plugs but no dyno proof.We talk about cold air intakes and that we love them but wheres the times or proof ?

Old 20-04-2005, 12:33 AM   #6
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
lol...I'll never do another "chip challenge" style thing if I can avoid it. It was a lot harder than the final article shows and damn, it was painful removing it all. I had to end up buying a chip as you soon find you cant live without it.
LOL I guess they actually do work then?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 02:22 AM   #7
EFFalcon
Last warning

useless, the problem is...
u can't just slap 'the best of the best' together and hope for a good result.
thats what makes the JMM kits work.
just because someone posts they gained 20rwkw from extractors (and prove it) doens't mean that someone else who has a aftermarket camshaft, or a CAI setup, etc will have the same gains.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 08:35 AM   #8
Stav
Smile

I agree with you EF FALCON. But I must say that I am doing real life testing on various items and I am absolutely shocked at the initial test results. I suppose that if I am putting in the time and money that it may very well be a good idea to leave people believe all of the hearsay.My car has been doing 0-100 in 8.3 secinds at best.Now I have gone down to 7.35 best time with 45 minutes of r&d . I am so confident in what I am doing that in 1 month I do believe that my car will be in the 6 second bracket.Not by using internet guessing calculators but real times. I even have a chance of low 6 second 0-100 times.

Old 20-04-2005, 09:56 AM   #9
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
LOL I guess they actually do work then?
Yep, they work. I wouldnt consider not having one now. The difference is very noticable.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 11:28 AM   #10
EFFalcon
Last warning

well be sure to post results
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post