Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-03-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
GROOV3
Rollin

Default Ford Keys (problem)

Hey all

Just to let you know your so called securty keys are very secure at all,

I have a mk6 fiesta
mate has a focus at work

my keys open all his doors and boot plus turn on his ignition just wont start

and his are the same with my car.

i took up the complaint with ford and they seemed to say its not a problem just so many keys are cut, now it wouldnt be such an issue if the kays were just in the fiesta range but all falcon fiesta focus teritorys use the same keys which makes the odds of some one being able to get into the car quite less.

and the odd em and my mate working at the same place having the same keys is quite odd. also asked about insurance and what hapens if my gear is stolen of pcs from work without any forced entry. eventualy ford spoke to my insurance and they said i would be covered but i would say it would be hard to make the claim.

just through you would like to know.

also if you know some one with a fez or any other ford ask to try your key i wouldnt mind knowing if other poeple have this problem..

Andrew
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2005, 02:59 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

The guy selling my car told me that when i picked the car up.... i thought he was bullshitting... gonna try it next time i see a fiesta LOL jks... we should test that theory on the cruise....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2005, 07:02 PM   #3
0xyg3n

Tryed dads mondeo key but it doesn't do anything other then go in the hole.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2005, 10:49 PM   #4
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

go thing to know : )

In development stage 2

Carnt wait for the day ,NA all the way ,9000rpm with the top down
RichieMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2005, 11:52 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

All Tibbe keys (that's what they're called) will lock the doors on all vehicles with similar keys. A Fiesta key should lock Falcon, Ute, Fairlane, Territory, Focus, Fiesta and Transit doors with one turn. They are designed so Dealers can lock all doors on the lot easily with any Ford Tibbe key. As for unlocking, they shouldn't do that, unless I guess you have that off-chance that they're so similar, but they should all be different. Luckily the key's chip stops them from starting the immobilised engine or putting an auto into gear/neutral.