Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 23-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
marxy

Default Photobucket link

Hi.I was wanting to put a link on a thread to my photo bucket album & I am not sure how to go about it. I have gone into a thread & clicked post reply,then gone to manage attachments & clicked on the URL. Then typed in my URL (I think) but it said error. Can anyone help,thanks?

marxy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: Photobucket link

It is possible you have made an error when typing in the link.

This thread explains how to post/link photos to your thread.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20569

Cheers
Col
Old 23-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
marxy

Thanks Col. Just want to clarify. If I want to put a link to my photobucket album on somebody elses thread so they can view my 30 odd photos,do I follow the link you gave me? I don't want to simply post one photo. What I am after is something similar to your reply,where you had a highlighted link to the how to. Hope that makes sense!
Old 23-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

When you are in photobucket, there are two ways you can share an album.

On the right hand side, there are links in photobucket. There is one that says - Share this album. Copy and paste that link into the thread and people will be able to view your album or alternatively, you can copy and paste the address in your address bar. It will do the same thing.

I didn't use the insert URL link, I just copied it from photobucket and pasted it straight into the reply.

I would advise you create your post and then preview it. You will then be able to see if you have copied the correct link by clicking on it in the preview panel.

I have included a pic.

Cheers
Col

Last edited by Geez Louise; 23-04-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added more info
Geez Louise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

whose is the orange BA looks tidy and the focus
Old 23-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
marxy

Thanks again.now for the really tricky question.how do you copy & paste?
Old 23-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
Geez Louise
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxy
Thanks again.now for the really tricky question.how do you copy & paste?
In photobucket, when you click on the link, it should automatically say copied. If not, highlight the whole thing you want to copy (the whole link) Right click with your mouse, and select Copy or once highlighted you can go CTRL+C, then go to the post you are replying on and either go Right click with the mouse again -> Paste, or CTRL+V to paste. As I said, I suggest that you preview your post BEFORE submitting it, just to make sure you have it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AUXR
whose is the orange BA looks tidy and the focus
They are just photoshop pics I did for members on here. They are all in various threads in the photoshop section.

Cheers
Col
Old 23-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
marxy

Alright Col,thanks. I will give it go,cheers.
Old 23-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #9
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

Geez Louise! You are very helpful.

BACK TO THE BONE YARD
Tha Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #10
Geez Louise
Awesome

Thanks Jack.