Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 03-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Question Brake Upgrade Kit For BFII XR8

G'day would just like to get an idea on prices and brake kits
to suit an 07 BFII XR8 please?
Need to try work out what i can and can't spend.

A kit like this (http://www.pbrperformance.com.au/performance.htm) seems like a good start, i do occasional track
work, fyi.

Much appreciate any help in advance.

Cheers Mick.

There's no replacement for displacement!!!

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Bunyip04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Default Re: Brake Upgrade Kit For BFII XR8

Just found this in one of your older threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrenk
I would like to upgrade the brakes on my BF XR8. I have 19'' rims(refer to the picture in the avatar), but are unable to fit brembo or similar calipers as they would foul the rims. What upgrades in rotor size would be available.

WarrenK
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED
Warren we may be able to run a custom kit we made some time ago for this application and it has the C5 PBR twin piston caliper mounted to 355mm slotted rotors and braided lines for under $2000. We can also provide a rear 328mm slotted single piston upgrade if your car only has the 303mm solid rear set up.
Would something like that still be available?
Pretty sure my fronts are 322mm and rears are 328mm.

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #3
MattSAU2XR8

I'm still wondering if you might be able to re-engineer this kit to take for example a VE V6 caliper which would be a lot easier to get hold of than a PBR C5. Fits over a 30 mm disc so perhaps with slightly thinner pads would work on a 32 mm disc too? Probably not as good as the C5 caliper, but still a big improvement on BF brakes and helpful to all those people who don't want to buy new wheels. I'd probably buy a kit like this if you could get it together for a reasonable price :-)
MattSAU2XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSAU2XR8
I'm still wondering if you might be able to re-engineer this kit to take for example a VE V6 caliper which would be a lot easier to get hold of than a PBR C5. Fits over a 30 mm disc so perhaps with slightly thinner pads would work on a 32 mm disc too? Probably not as good as the C5 caliper, but still a big improvement on BF brakes and helpful to all those people who don't want to buy new wheels. I'd probably buy a kit like this if you could get it together for a reasonable price :-)
A couple of problems with the VE caliper is that they do take a 30mm disc and will not fit over a 32mm disc because the cradle itself is not designed for that width and to have enough clearance and the only way to get thinner pads is to mill them down plus the caliper itself is not designed to fit a rotor radius of 355mm sorry.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip04
Just found this in one of your older threads

Would something like that still be available?
Pretty sure my fronts are 322mm and rears are 328mm.

Yes we can do the 2 piston 355mm front and a rear 328mm upgrade thanks.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 04-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

edit. Mispost

Old 04-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED
Yes we can do the 2 piston 355mm front and a rear 328mm upgrade thanks.
Awesome, could i get a total incl p&h to Darwin 0832 please?

Old 04-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Awesome, could i get a total incl p&h to Darwin 0832 please?

The front calipers are RED but would you want powder coated red rear calipers as well or we can do the kit cheaper if we supply plain ones and you paint them? Slotted rotors are supplied in the kit with braided lines.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 04-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Unpainted would be fine, as i'd like to keep the blue theme. Do the new Calipers bolt onto the standard mounts? Is the kit on the pbr site what i will be getting? Appreciate the help.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #10
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Unpainted would be fine, as i'd like to keep the blue theme. Do the new Calipers bolt onto the standard mounts? Is the kit on the pbr site what i will be getting? Appreciate the help.
No this is a kit we do but use PBR calipers and although we can only buy the front ones in red we can get rear ones plain so i will quote a kit for you by PM thanks mate.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 04-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Brackets are supplied with the front kit but not needed for the rear is there any chance you can PM me and also check your rear brakes as the 328mm you said you may have generally was only on the series 1 but if you do have it then you will only need a front kit. You can also check the rear disc by the thickness or look at the disc and see if there is venting in the centre of the disc thickness.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 04-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #12
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Rear rotors are solid, definitely would like to upgrade front and rear as my rotors are shagged and i'm pretty sure my calipers won't withstand too many more track days.

Also, does the kit come with braided lines?

Last edited by Bunyip04; 04-07-2012 at 07:14 PM.